THE AGE OF AWESOMENESS HAS STARTED!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThomC

Reaction score
Aheem....

To me Miz is at the same level of heel status with those two guys.

I said he is on the same level as Punk and Sheamus. Not below them. Punk is hurt, so they won't be putting the title on him right now. Cole is an announcer, not a wrestler, so he's not getting the title as a top heel. Vickie is a manager and a female, she won't be getting the title either. I'll give you Kane, Punk, Barrett, and Sheamus though. Like you said WHEN Edge was a heel, he's no longer a heel so he doesn't count. So you named 4 wrestlers, making Miz number 5. Which makes Miz a top heel in WWE. That's all my argument was, is that he's a top heel.

Kaedon

Reaction score
If he was "A" top heel, he wouldn't have crickets sounding during his matches. He is, in fact below all of those I mentioned, other than Sheamus. But lets say I agree with you, so he's a top heel? So what? He's still not ready. He's still not getting DICK for a reaction half the time, especially where they payoff to everything is, IN THE RING.

ThomC

Reaction score
I agree with you that he isn't a great wrestler, but this is WWE we are talking about here. Wrestling ability means less than mic work and charisma. Miz is great on the mic, has loads of charisma, and can have decent enough matches. All that adds up to him being the champ right now.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He doesn't have enough charisma to carry over into a match, thats the point. If a guy is THAT HOT, yeah, it will carry over no matter how bad they are. But he's not that hot. He's close to the top of a pile of shit, that doesn't make him WWE Championship material.

Reaction score
This thread delivers; I give Kaedon credit for sticking to his guns.

What I'm wondering now is what the negative consequences are of somebody who is not championship material, as Kaedon says, in fact being WWE champion.

CMS

Reaction score
If we go by what has happened, tons of press coverage and an increase in the ratings.

Also, if you listened to Kaedon and how he speaks about Miz vs Lawler, you would think the crowd was dead silent thoughout, which is far from the truth

Reaction score
One of K-Dog's biggest sticking points is Bret Hart. Hart couldn't talk a lick to save his life and didn't have much of a supporting cast, Hogan, Flair, Savage, and Warrior were all gone. His first reign was pretty awful, he had one good match against HBK, a one month feud with an incoming, not over heel in Razor, then dropped the belt to Yoko because Hogan was back in and Hart's numbers were awful. His second, third and 5th reigns were better because he had the credibility that comes from being a champ.

Miz has the charisma and mic skills necessary to be the champ, he doesn't have to worry about failing because the E is marketed entirely different than it was in the days of Hart. One, they don't advertise just ONE superstar ala Hogan, Sanmartino, Andre, Hart, HBK, Austin or Rock. They've been burned by Hogan's, Lesnar's, Rock's and Lashley's. The company itself gets top billing before the stars. Cena is the top guy, but the company is structured so it doesn't completely revolve around him. So the E is in a position to put new faces as the champ, because all in all, if you draw, you draw, and the World title is a prop to help someone get to drawing status. Sheamus was really nothing during his first reign, but they booked him credibly post-title reign and his second reign was better recieved and now he is probably the best booked talent they have and is getting over, despite the sayings of some. And by the time his 3rd reign comes around, he will be as solid and credible as they come. This can and should apply to Miz as well. See: Edge, Triple H and Angle, because if you bought into either of those guys first reigns at that time, either you weren't watching, are jaded by nostalgia or have boners for them. Because when each got the strap for the first time, they were hated on even worse than Miz.

CMS

Reaction score
You can even say Miz and Edge's first title reigns are being booked exactly the same way. They both cashed in taking advantage of MITB, they both defended for the first time in a TLC match against an old guy and they both won that match because of outside interference.

Anyone making a point saying Miz won't be succesful as a champion because he can't walk on the footsteps of past main eventers are either stuck on the past or should just stick with the past.

Kaedon

Reaction score
yeah the difference between Miz and Edge's first title reigns was, EDGE WAS TOTALLY OVER BEFORE HE SNIFFED THE TITLE. Edge put himself on the map time and again with feuds with The Hardys, The Dudleys, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Mr. ??? that we can't mention anymore because he snapped and killed his wife and kid, Shawn Michaels; he was a made man before he took down that briefcase. Miz, has been in the WWE and in wrestling for that matter, for a HANDJOB compared to Edge. Edge had the experience and the decade long following. Miz has....