The 3rd Annual Smarks Choice Awards Nomination Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
logo_text-only.png

The 3rd Annual Smarks Choice Awards
Nomination Thread

Welcome everybody to the 3rd Annual Smarks Choice Awards! It's a special time for Wrestling Smarks as we celebrate many years of activity by announcing the return of a once-in-a-year event applauding those who are truly deserving. Today, we have several categories for members of WS to nominate other users for. Nominations are made by PMing @Grim Cornette with at most three names for each category. Once the nomination period is over (December 25th, 2021), the 3 most nominated folks will be placed in a poll for the public to vote on. That's right, you, the people, get to decide the winners! Do not be afraid to name your nominations publicly as well!

And now on to your categories!

Best WWE Poster - The WWE is perhaps one of the most active sections in all of Wrestling Smarks, and we see many many names appear to make their voices heard in the section. Who do you believe to be the best posters in the WWE section?

Best AEW Poster - One of the more popular sections on Wrestling Smarks, it has become a home to a great many posters here on WS. Who loves the AE-Dub more?

Best Indy Wrestling Poster (NWA, ROH, etc.) - There are those who love the independent wrestling scene and can't get enough of it. Who in your mind best exemplifies discussion regarding the Independent wrestling section?

Best Impact! Poster *NEW* - With the renewed interest in Impact (despite all attempts to die), we want to find out who loves this blasted company the most.

Best NJPW/International Poster *NEW* - Who's the biggest fan of New Japan Pro Wrestling and other international companies?

Best General Wrestling Poster - Of course, there are also those who prefer talking about older wrestling or other wrestling discussions. A select few will be chosen for this category, so name your picks!

Best Non-Wrestling Poster - There's much more than just wrestling here on Wrestling Smarks, and some folks make their homes in the outer reaches of the wrestling sphere, such as General talk and others. Nominate the folks you feel best exemplify quality posting outside of wrestling.

Best Sports Poster - With the increase in activity regarding sports, WS has seen fit to bring forth a new prestigious award for Best Sports Poster. Who has continually shown to be the best poster in the sports section? Who loves their teams more than anyone else?

Best Entertainment Poster *NEW* - This award goes out to those who make the Entertainment section of the forum one of the most enjoyable places to discuss things. This includes music, television, movies, and of course video games.

Best Interactive User - Thanks to the burgeoning userbase bringing up the revival of the Interactive Section, we as Wrestling Smarks saw fit to create a new award just for those users. This award combines the Review, Tournament, and Prediction sections and is awarded to the consensus best user.

Best Retro-Watcher - With the rise of the site's live-watching sessions this past year, we've decided to create an award for those that are considered the aces of these sessions. This goes to whom everyone considers the most productive poster during a live watch.

Best Booker - With Be The Booker section seeing another strong year, Wrestling Smarks has dedicated an award for those with active fantasy booking stories. Nominate your favorite user who has run a BTB this year.

The Jimmy King Award for Nicest Poster - Being good is great, and WS recognizes that the person who causes little problems and makes everyone feel great about themselves deserves an award. Nominate the people who you feel are the nicest people on WS! Named after Jimmy King, a 2x winner of the award, and overall a nice guy.

Funniest Poster *NEW* - Who's got the quirkiest jokes, brings the biggest laughs, and all around makes the most humorous of anecdotes to entertain the userbase?

Best Newcomer - Who joined in the last year that got hot and became the talk of the town? For the Best Newcomer award, we are precluding users who joined post-September 2021 from being available on this list. However, those who have indeed joined WS after September will be eligible to win this prestigious award next year. Users who have joined Between October 2020 and September 2021 are eligible for this award.

Member of the Year -
Who do you feel is the single best member of the year, who stands head and shoulders above everybody?

Staff Member of the Year - Who is a member of the upper management who continually made life better or showed exemplary leadership to the other members of WS?

Best Thread Starter - Who makes the best threads and discussions?

Best Shouter - Who makes great use of their time inside the Smarkbox, Wrestling Smark's very own chatbox available to anyone?

Coolest Signatures - Signatures are a part of a member's personality. Who's got the best one?

Coolest Avatars - Who's got the best picture for their profile?'

Coolest User Profile *NEW* - We've decided to create an addition to the "Cool" section by including the Coolest User Profile. Who has the best profile posts, biography, and wallpaper for their personal page?

Best Username - Who has the coolest name?

Comeback Kid - A special award for those who went on hiatus for a while but have returned to become a big deal once again! Who's got the best comeback?

Begin your Nominations now! The Nomination Period ends on December 25th, 2021.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
So I see we can discuss nominations publically, I'd like guidance on a few:

Best Sports Poster:

I don't venture in here too often aside from lurking NASCAR threads and talking Boxing on occasion. I'd like to hear who does good work in there.

Best Indy Wrestling Poster (NWA, ROH, etc.):
I've only ever talked about ROH. I know that Deth is a big indy person as she talks about them a bunch and isn't in to any of the major promotions. Juice has tried to get me in to indy promotions a lot. :lol Chris I see in there a lot too talking about Game Changer wrestling and other promotions.

Best Booker:

Barry and Gambit do good work and seem to have popular BTB threads. Unsure on who to vote for the third choice.

Thanks for the help :pals:

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Best AEW Poster - Jeff...because AEW is all that man breathes

Best Indy Wrestling Poster (NWA, ROH, etc.) - Necro, since he always be posting results and all.

Best Shouter - Lucha Bear/Yer Best Pal

Coolest Avatars - Me

Best Username - Me

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i didnt do any self votes in this case lel

• Haha
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Alright, so I don't know if these are any good but I had a stab at making some things people could put in their signatures come December.

I'd basically just add the name of whoever won and you'd be able to use one of these little images in your signatures. I don't really know if they are any good or something that interests anybody. Just rough drafts of random categories.

YAyA7dz.png

MwDkHCL.png

INmmRpN.png

UlCrERc.png

pBQGo1M.png

6djbMMk.png

I2Zea7s.png

7BtfvmJ.png

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Alright, so I don't know if these are any good but I had a stab at making some things people could put in their signatures come December.

I'd basically just add the name of whoever won and you'd be able to use one of these little images in your signatures. I don't really know if they are any good or something that interests anybody. Just rough drafts of random categories.

YAyA7dz.png

MwDkHCL.png

INmmRpN.png

UlCrERc.png

pBQGo1M.png

6djbMMk.png

I2Zea7s.png

7BtfvmJ.png
Those are fantastic banners 4th Wall!

I'd keep messing around with different images and stuff, mostly the ones that fits the theme. As for the font choices, I would keep messing around with it too. That's if you want to or not.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Those are fantastic banners 4th Wall!

I'd keep messing around with different images and stuff, mostly the ones that fits the theme. As for the font choices, I would keep messing around with it too. That's if you want to or not.

Thanks buddy!

Yea, I'm undecided on the text but it's rough drafts. I'd definitely play around with them some more. I think I like Newcomer/Nicest/Funniest poster ones the best.

I tried to do fireworks like New Years for the newcomer one. Thought that seemed apropos :lol

The awards are hosted by Barry so ultimately comes down to if it's something he's interested in having to go along with the winner announcements. I'm just laying it out there for feedback. I just notice a lot of people put the text of what they won in their signatures. It'd be cool if they have a little image. :thumbs:

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
They look very good, will definitely invite folks to add them to their signatures if they win.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Just shoot me a PM when you're finished with them.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I really need to think of names for each since I am still new-ish here. Also I assume no-self nominating is a given.

princess-peach-super-mario.gif

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I will suck dick for votes.

I will also put that in my sig for best sig.

• Haha

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well if you got a gag reflex, not sure you wanna do that, I’ll have you choking like you’re the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl.

• Haha