Text or Call?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
I text my friends more than call, but that's something that just appears to be normal nowadays since more people obviously text than call imo since now you see adults texting. I mean if I'm trying to get closer to a girl I'll text, but if I'm trying to get down to business I think calling is the way to go. Texting can only do so much, plus it gives the person your texting time to think where calling doesn't.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cant stand phone calls most of the time. Awkward unnecessary pauses I know a lot of people that can't get to the damn point.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Hmm I prefer calls its just quicker to get an answer instead of you getting ignored on a text message and the person claims not to have gotten the message.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I prefer calling, but then again I do work in a call center. I also like how I know straight away whether they are at the phone or not, so I don't get frustrated while waiting for a reply text and wondering when they'll answer. That shit frustrates me.

Not against texting, I just prefer calling.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I refuse to text and I don't respond to texts. It's just an inferior way to communicate brought out by lazy idiots and now is the way most people want to interact. Either call me or expect me not to connect you back. I'm sure McHenry would be lost in the 90s.

Aniking

Reaction score
I text over calling. Although calling is much faster and more efficient, I just don't like doing it for some reason. With texting, you have more time to think about exactly what you'd like to say, whereas you're put on the spot when calling. If it's a tough issue you're speaking about, time to digest the whole situation is better than just blurting out whatever the fuck comes to mind.

As far as I'm concerned, if you have a mobile phone and you get a text, not replying is just rude. There are always complaints by my mates that this person won't reply or that person won't reply, and I just see it as them being fucking hopeless. You send me a text, I'll reply, because that's the considerate thing to do. Even my 60-year old Dad has the decency to reply, and the guy fucking hates texting with a passion and is never not talking on the phone to somebody.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Text.

I work in advertising and being on the phone all day gets tedious.

Deuce

Reaction score
I love to text but I would prefer to actually hear the person's voice. Conversations go much faster on call than texting so I prefer that... wait 5 minutes between each sentence is boring.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I text... but that is because I normally have more than one conversation going at a time. Most I've had is like 5 different people all at once so calling would have been out of the question. I mean if its down to one person and we really need to talk... I'll tell them and we'll talk. But yeah other than that it is texting and I tell them to text cause that's always the easiest way to get in touch with me cause I'm normally working or I'm out somewhere so text and you'll get a response. Call and you might not get an answer :D

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Totally is dependent on the person

Call - mom, niece, little nephew, grandma
Text - older nephews, sisters, uncle, aunts, school and work people

Some people just repeat the same shit on the phone and you just want to get them, but it is awkward doing so, so you either put the phone down, zone out, or mock them ... At least I do

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I barely like being on the phone period let alone text really. Never got the point of it unless you're trying to communicate to where it's not as obvious as a call. Most people I've noticed though just do it for the hell of it which is dumb to me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
FaceTime and Skype also sounded good in theory as did PSN messaging but damn it they are a pain in the ass as my sisters try to FaceTime every damn day, and my uncle always wants to write or chat via Bluetooth on PSN.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt