Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) - Netflix

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They did a direct sequel Texas Chainsaw 3D to the original and then the prequel film Leatherface after. I didn't like either very much, although seeing Alexandra Daddario was nice.

tumblr_inline_o3g4dy50kC1snxgfy_250.gifv

I liked the 3-D one because I love Daddario and the girl from lost but yeah I meant the prequel I thought it had just come out and I was under the impression they were going to keep in that continuity.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Really? I loved Don't Breathe, so that gives me hope if anything. :lol I enjoyed how the movie really did a lot of unique things, there's no character you really 'root' for. I was not a fan of the sequel much though.

I was decently into it for about 40 minutes until it went off the rails with dogs knocking people out of windows and them fighting like an action movie, and then that whole
captured insemination thing
went on which made me lose it. I wished it'd just kept it simple tbh.

To be fair, Texas been doing this longer than Halloween.

Most of their sequels ignore the previous ones.

I can’t think of a single third film in the series.

It is true they did those 00s reboots before Halloween did, and the 90s ones aren't reallllly "sequels" to 1 and 2, but none of them did the thing Halloween 2018 did where the killer is the same-as-original, aged killer with a decades-long gap. This one plans to exactly like 'ween18 (...should I call it that) and it comes off to me like an attempt at similar success. Which I guess isn't necessarily think is a bad thing.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Unless this is on Shudder and done by Blumhouse...I have zero confidence this will be good, because Netflix horror stinks.

I liked Fear Street, depends on your tastes though. I do agree most of their horror selection is not very good. There's been a few I've liked, but they are few and far between.

Reactions: Deezy

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was decently into it for about 40 minutes until it went off the rails with dogs knocking people out of windows and them fighting like an action movie, and then that whole
captured insemination thing
went on which made me lose it. I wished it'd just kept it simple tbh.

It is true they did those 00s reboots before Halloween did, and the 90s ones aren't reallllly "sequels" to 1 and 2, but none of them did the thing Halloween 2018 did where the killer is the same-as-original, aged killer with a decades-long gap. This one plans to exactly like 'ween18 (...should I call it that) and it comes off to me like an attempt at similar success. Which I guess isn't necessarily think is a bad thing.

The most recent 3-D sequel is exactly as you describing. It was a direct sequel to the first film with the same killer 40 some odd years later.

I actually think this was the inspiration for 2018.

Reactions: GARBAGE

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I liked the 3-D one because I love Daddario and the girl from lost but yeah I meant the prequel I thought it had just come out and I was under the impression they were going to keep in that continuity.

Got ya. 3D is a lot better than Leatherface, that's for sure. I found the latter quite forgettable, but 3D had some good moments. I agree on the cast, and it's one of the things I liked about the film.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
The most recent 3-D sequel is exactly as you describing. It was a direct sequel to the first film with the same killer 40 some odd years later.

I actually think this was the inspiration for 2018.
Oh shit, you're right. Honestly I blanked on that one even existing, my bad hah.

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I’ll check this out, I guess.
I mean, it’s gotta be better than the last two films they released, right?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
How have I not heard of this until today? Like literally 5 minutes ago.

I will watch it because I like the TCM movies, well except the direct sequel, but it should be fun. Too bad it is on Netflix though, I have my reservations just because of that.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
How have I not heard of this until today? Like literally 5 minutes ago.

I will watch it because I like the TCM movies, well except the direct sequel, but it should be fun. Too bad it is on Netflix though, I have my reservations just because of that.

I think it depends with Netflix really. They can come out with a movie that blows me away like Klaus, and then they can have long stretches of pretty bad releases. I hope it's good because horror is a genre that they need to work on expanding on their service, and they've been doing a better job of it lately with releases like the Fear Street trilogy. If this gets well received, I can see them doing more, and I'd be more likely to keep using it with Shudder.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I think it depends with Netflix really. They can come out with a movie that blows me away like Klaus, and then they can have long stretches of pretty bad releases. I hope it's good because horror is a genre that they need to work on expanding on their service, and they've been doing a better job of it lately with releases like the Fear Street trilogy. If this gets well received, I can see them doing more, and I'd be more likely to keep using it with Shudder.

Fear Street was ok. The first one was pretty good but they got worse with the other releases. Not terrible but they felt like the writers got bored halfway thru writing the movies.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Fear Street was ok. The first one was pretty good but they got worse with the other releases. Not terrible but they felt like the writers got bored halfway thru writing the movies.

Worst one I probably sat through was The Open House with the actor out of 13 Reasons Why. Possibly one of the worst movies I've ever watched, and basically nothing happened. I don't think they'll ever have a release quite as bad as that.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This is apparently the first image of Sally Hardesty from the original TCM, who's now much older in this film:

9cszlutmjva81.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Chris