• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
View attachment 34089

Just discovered one of the coolest workers I've ever seen in the Cverse. Still unemployed as of July 2023 but he just changed his style from brawler to entertainer so maybe now someone will sign him

100%. When I do a playthrough of EMLL (gotta get that Lucha Underground but booked by an idiot vibes) Styx is one of my first signings based on his look alone. Dude just FITS. He's surprisingly better than what his profile message would imply, but yeah he's still a work in progress. I usually sign War Piece & Mr. Enigma when they debut too, they seem pretty fitting. There's a few others I keep an eye out - Pyromaniac is just BEGGING for a feud/allyship with Firebird, Mono Maniacal is a wrestling monkey man so of course I scoop that guy up, Mustang Blanco Jr, Payaso Jr, & Soda De Uva Jr are some of the best unsigned talent so I GUESS if I want more good matches I could look at them - but Styx himself is usually a Day 1 sign.

Unrelated, I've been feeling the itch to have a fresh TEW run somewhere. Want to give a developmental fed a go, though I remember being pretty disappointed by it when 2020 was initially released. There's three options in the base game, RIPW, MAW, & I think there's one more in Europe but I don't recall the name of it, so sometime later today I guess I'll flip a coin and go with what happens. Shrug. Any suggestions on how to approach a developmental booking, y'all?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
100%. When I do a playthrough of EMLL (gotta get that Lucha Underground but booked by an idiot vibes) Styx is one of my first signings based on his look alone. Dude just FITS. He's surprisingly better than what his profile message would imply, but yeah he's still a work in progress. I usually sign War Piece & Mr. Enigma when they debut too, they seem pretty fitting. There's a few others I keep an eye out - Pyromaniac is just BEGGING for a feud/allyship with Firebird, Mono Maniacal is a wrestling monkey man so of course I scoop that guy up, Mustang Blanco Jr, Payaso Jr, & Soda De Uva Jr are some of the best unsigned talent so I GUESS if I want more good matches I could look at them - but Styx himself is usually a Day 1 sign.

Unrelated, I've been feeling the itch to have a fresh TEW run somewhere. Want to give a developmental fed a go, though I remember being pretty disappointed by it when 2020 was initially released. There's three options in the base game, RIPW, MAW, & I think there's one more in Europe but I don't recall the name of it, so sometime later today I guess I'll flip a coin and go with what happens. Shrug. Any suggestions on how to approach a developmental booking, y'all?

I think the biggest thing for a developmental is that you have to have like several contingencies for when workers get called up. I'd also probably just sign folks that you can keep without them getting called up if you're a Child Company. Probably should use them more than your developmental workers. :lol

Reactions: Jazz Wolf

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I did RIPW for a bit, it was fun bc by the time I took over booking it in game, the SWF network had already launched so I could have my events shown there and workers actually improve in popularity decently quick

I think the Euro one you mean is either VWA or UEW, one of them accepts developmental workers on excusursion from a Japanese company and still has the freedom of bring a European indie fed as well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Australian indie scandal!

View attachment 27791

So I went to look at those dudes' profiles for more context since I didn't know who they were and they're a fucking LONG-TIME TAG TEAM tag team :heston

View attachment 27792

I'm so intrigued at how this is handled on-screen lmao, the girl actually manages an entirely different tag team as well but as far as I'm aware they aren't part of this debauchery.

Update on this: It's been over two years and both men are still teaming, but have a burning hatred for each other lmao and the girl plus the guy she cheated with are also still a couple. Dude's have had two more successful tag title reigns since this tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
1672070466042.png

@Sky do you think this event would be the best show to ever take place in Scotland if it happened IRL?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Started a game with the May 2013 Yes Mod. Chose Method Man as he was one of the available avatars and have taken over ownership of FIP, removing them from the WWN with Evolve, DGUSA, etc. and planning to get them back to that sorta underground super indy that they were in their heyday and kinda develop their own identity once again.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I've been simming through the years with a Joanne Rodriguez owned women's wrestling company and it's by far the biggest in the world now, will show some juicy screens