TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Believe it or not, Carnie isn't the worst human in the game - there's some welsh millionaire bloke who is allegedly a pedo. Can't remember his name.

I REALLY want to make a European promotion that gets a TV deal but its such a challenge. The allure of getting LANDON MALLORY SOUTH AFRICAN SUPERSTAR into a legitimate TV superstar is massive though.

Australia is also an absolute gold mine for talent - not to mention almost all of RAW's guys are on handshake deals.

I've tried booking 21CW but their roster is so bland and all their renders are vanilla bald blokes so I find it difficult to care about most of the roster and get half of them confused :heston:

Never heard of the alleged pedo lol For a demo run in 2020 I did EWA and that made me see hella potential in a Europe save and Landon Mallory has loads of potential. Agreed with Australia too, I was booking ZEN for the first year and a half of my current playthrough before going to RIPW and barely any RAW guys were exclusive, I just couldn't afford them lol
EILL has a fun looking roster (GINO MONTERO THE GOAT) but I don't know enough about lucha libre to book them well

EILL's roster is just absolutely insane. I don't know lucha libre all that well too but it seems pretty simple, stripped down good vs evil feuds. I think EILL's product base is even "lucha libre sports entertainment" essentially too with more American influences.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Ace

Reaction score
True, I'll probably do an EILL save down the line.

I kind of like the idea of running as Magnus Ivansson (Icelandic Billionaire) and investing in a new European promotion to the point where they get a TV deal and having my pick of the top EU talent, problem is noone is over enough so all the shows get pinged because everyone is "unimportant"

Ace

Reaction score
Bruh :DEAD: like 3 different girls have left SNP bc of Carnie putting hidden cameras in the girl's locker room but at least they're over 18 :slip:
I'm waiting for Cornellverse 2024 when Carnie gets investment from new partner Flanagan and they expand beyond Scotland, bringing their sleeze to the entire UK :slip:

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm waiting for Cornellverse 2024 when Carnie gets investment from new partner Flanagan and they expand beyond Scotland, bringing their sleeze to the entire UK :slip:

:heston

No lie though Carnie being such a scumbag is one of the reasons I'm thinking my end goal in this save is to try and get a better promotions in Scotland.

I've got my headcanon all planned out too, my dude didn't wanna fuck with Carnie from the start so that's why he went to New Zealand of all places but after some success he decides he's gotta come home to make it right for all the other people that can't leave :garrett

Ace

Reaction score
That sounds dope, do it :garrett:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah the issue I'm at is I'm bored of RIPW and my reputation is like in the 20s I wanna say (man I haven't even loaded up this game in a couple weeks or so), and idk feels like i"m not ready to run my own company yet :lol

I'm gonna at least do a year of RIPW so maybe 4-5 more months there and see where we are. And in the meantime if any hardcore indy (or even CZCW) has a booking spot open up I'm taking it instead. My dude is a hardcore deathmatch wrestler and so far he's only wrestled for ZEN and RIPW :lol that's so hard to rationalize in my headcanon

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Reaction score
BTW have you played the 2018 Alternative Cornellverse mod, @CHRISTOPHER ?

Its some guy's take on how the Cornellverse could progress 2 years after the 2016 database. Was made before 2020 so it doesn't take into account the current version of the cornellverse.

I find it to make a ton of promotions incredibly fun to play.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
BTW have you played the 2018 Alternative Cornellverse mod, @CHRISTOPHER ?

Its some guy's take on how the Cornellverse could progress 2 years after the 2016 database. Was made before 2020 so it doesn't take into account the current version of the cornellverse.

I find it to make a ton of promotions incredibly fun to play.

Nah never even heard of this actually so I'll check it out. I've really grown to love the Cverse the more I play so I love that it even has alternate interpretations now lol There's a mod that takes place in like '97 Cverse too have you ever tried that one?

Ace

Reaction score
Nah never even heard of this actually so I'll check it out. I've really grown to love the Cverse the more I play so I love that it even has alternate interpretations now lol There's a mod that takes place in like '97 Cverse too have you ever tried that one?
Yeah its amazing. Lots of cool things to try out in this version.

I know of the 97 one and had a quick read through it but I haven't done an actual save yet.

Ace

Reaction score
@CHRISTOPHER I've just been fiddling with that 2018 Cornellverse again and remembered how ZEN had progressed.

Given you played and enjoyed them in the 2020 DB I think you'd find their 2018 state super interesting - they got some investment and essentially created a small global network; now there are like 6 different versions of ZEN in different regions, each of which have a Halloween Knight and a Pumpkin Jack.

I'm also really getting into the idea of playing a 21CW save - they've got a civil war type storyline going where they're split into European elitists, British elitists, Europeans who want everyone to get along, and British who want everyone to get along. It's premised on 21CW expanding into Europe and different groups having different views on the move. The European elitists want to take over 21CW, the British Elitists want to kick the Europeans out of 21CW and keep it British, and the other two groups are both happy about working together to make 21CW bigger.

The company's in the process of expanding into the US too which potentially brings some fun new twists and turns.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That ZEN sounds amazing :lol when I was running them I saved up to afford the cheapest streaming service you could to broadcast my events in bc there was no broadcasters and even later when WrestleWorld Australia came out it would have broke me to meet the broadcast requirements lol (pretty sure DIW was hemorrhaging money bc of it last I saw in the save)

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Well damn, I took over WCW in 2001 and planned to set up a Vampiro vs. Mike Awesome feud over the US Title... immediately after both are busted for hard drugs and I have to send them to rehab :francis Guess it's back to the drawing board for that title

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Well damn, I took over WCW in 2001 and planned to set up a Vampiro vs. Mike Awesome feud over the US Title... immediately after both are busted for hard drugs and I have to send them to rehab :francis Guess it's back to the drawing board for that title
Wcw 01 i pushed Helms on thunder as top guy

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Don't drug test tbh