TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ace

Reaction score
1620814638306.png

This was always going to be a bit of a 'filler' PPV - Starr was never going to win the title realistically.

- Awesomeness got their title shot because they didn't technically lose the three-way title match at the previous PPV.

- Primus won a six-way #1 contender match on TV, classic case of two brutes building up to a big brawl. Everyone is telling me that Ranger is a future star but his matches have been... okay. Still, he's fighting in the midcard so I guess I shouldn't expect fireworks.

- Parker got a shock roll-up victory on TV which infuriated Spade. This was the rematch, which Parker happily granted.

- After being revealed to be the man who attacked Lau at the last PPV, the next TV show saw Smasher unveil that he is the leader of a new faction - Cult of Atom - which also includes Greed as his voice piece and Bear Bekowski and Goliath (Gargantuan from BHOTWG) as his muscle. Their goal is simple - hurt people. They don't care who, they don't care why. Lau wanted a match, so Atomic saw it as an opportunity to inflict pain - and accepted.

- Valiant returned after a couple weeks layoff due to Rogue's brutal attack (at least in kayfabe) - Rogue says he's teaching Valiant how to be a winner, Valiant wants to keep things clean. Rogue won this PPV match by leveraging the ropes.

- Starr said he was on a roll following his victory over Morgan at last PPV and asked Rocky for a title match. Rocky thought Starr was joking and laughed him off, but when Starr blew his top next week, Rocky said fine - beat Mikey Lau and you'll get your shot. Starr got the win - partially because Lau was on edge regarding The Cult of Atom - and was big talk leading up to the match. He attacked Golden at the go-home show and got away before Rocky could catch him.

The debut of Chord is a massive deal - he's a ridiculously talented wrestler who becomes one of the best wrestlers in the world - if he isn't already.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jay Chord nice :WOW

Ace

Reaction score
1620830039873.png

Hoped for more from the main event but I keep getting dinged for "not enough selling" - frustrating but oh well.

- Spade pulled a prank on Lau backstage on a TV episode pretending to be Atom Smasher - it resulted in Lau beating down Spade, and Spade furiously requesting a match to reclaim his dignity. The match here in this PPV involved a distraction from Smasher's muscle - Goliath and Bear Bekowski.

- Gilmore and Davids was an impromptu match after Davids attacked Gilmore post-match on the go-home show.

- Scythe faced Greed after Scythe embarassed the latter by beating him up in front of Atom Smasher - Smasher said Greed must regain his pride.

- ZWB's bad form continues as he eats the pin in a 3v3 match - the feuds between the brothers and Awesomeness/Crush extended by this match.

- Chord has been on a tear and challenged Ranger on his first TV appearance - big win for Chord to end Ranger's reign.

- The Morgan/Starr feud ends here in the third of a best-of-three series of matches. The conclusion of this feud was not half helped along by the fact that Starr has decided to become a Comedy wrestler >.>

- Rogue said he deserved a shot after beating Valiant last month, Remo has been attacking Rocky and that grudge definitely isn't over - hence triple threat title match. Rogue ate the pin, leaving Remo and Rocky's rivalry going strong.

I meant to debut another big star this PPV but forgot to do it :slip:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The conclusion of this feud was not half helped along by the fact that Starr has decided to become a Comedy wrestler >.>

:maury

Ace

Reaction score
He's been getting over really nicely too, I could just ignore it but I want to play according to what happens in the game :/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He's been getting over really nicely too, I could just ignore it but I want to play according to what happens in the game :/

Yeah this is half the fun for me. The game is so manipulable if you're just "playing to win" but that's no fun so I gotta give myself the challenge of keeping it all realistic. Like once I made the move to have RIPW be shown on the SWF Network (which would be a no-brainer irl I assume as NXT was instantly on the WWE Network), I started RAKING in profits that I couldn't use bc SWF absorbed them all. But I still didn't upgrade shit all the way instantly bc that felt unrealistic lol so I'm still gradually making production changes and adding shows and shit.

Honestly might steal your idea of changing the name too

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah exactly, its a flawed game that is easy to manipuate but that takes away the fun.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah exactly, its a flawed game that is easy to manipuate but that takes away the fun.

It's one of the reasons I play as booker over owner more often just for a little extra challenge. I remember older games had different owner goals though, 2020 just seems to be "don't hire these types or I'll be mad and don't go broke" but I remember like 2013 would give you guys that you were supposed to try and get over in a time period too

Ace

Reaction score
I do play as owner because I like being able to craft my own style and stuff; often the owners ask for stupid things considering the product.

I'm enjoying this SWF save and I will keep it going over time but I"m also considering creating a fully-fledged super-indy promotion that takes heavy influence from Japanese wrestling with stables, divisions, and stuff but also with sports entertainment elements sowed in.

Kind of like a half-way point between NJPW and AEW but in the cornellverse.

I keep trying to make custom promotions but if I take it seriously and think things out I think it could be a ball.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I do play as owner because I like being able to craft my own style and stuff; often the owners ask for stupid things considering the product.

I'm enjoying this SWF save and I will keep it going over time but I"m also considering creating a fully-fledged super-indy promotion that takes heavy influence from Japanese wrestling with stables, divisions, and stuff but also with sports entertainment elements sowed in.

Kind of like a half-way point between NJPW and AEW but in the cornellverse.

I keep trying to make custom promotions but if I take it seriously and think things out I think it could be a ball.

That kind of indy promotion is one of my favorite products to run. Being stable heavy helps a lot too bc you have constant easy match-ups to make if a stable-mate is in a feud and stuff, allows you to be lazier without your booking seeming lazy at least lol

I'm pretty over running RIPW anyway but I'm trying to roleplay this save as the Cverse default character I RNG'd to pick so I'm thinking if a job doesn't open up elsewhere soon I'm just gonna say fuck it and have him start a small indy

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah exactly, I imagine it will originally be a monthly event promotion but when I go for a broadcasting deal and more regular shows, I'm not sure if I'll try a touring schedule for the first time, or if I'll just do weekly TV. With touring its super easy to do the whole stable thing, with TV it becomes a bit tricker but its still doable i guess

I can imagine RIPW gets a bit dull after a while because growth is pretty limited as you're a child company.

If you start your own company consider Canada as there are quite a lot of guys who have decent pop back from promotions like CGC and 4C before they closed down. Makes it easier to grow quickly.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah exactly, I imagine it will originally be a monthly event promotion but when I go for a broadcasting deal and more regular shows, I'm not sure if I'll try a touring schedule for the first time, or if I'll just do weekly TV. With touring its super easy to do the whole stable thing, with TV it becomes a bit tricker but its still doable i guess

I can imagine RIPW gets a bit dull after a while because growth is pretty limited as you're a child company.

If you start your own company consider Canada as there are quite a lot of guys who have decent pop back from promotions like CGC and 4C before they closed down. Makes it easier to grow quickly.

I have been considering Canada tbh but I think I might save that for just another game. The user character I RNG'd is "Hardcore McAvatar" so he's a shitty hardcore wrestler for Scotland...which there's already SNP but the owner is like the worst human being in the game so I could be the plucky underdog promotion challenging the one with all the money :lol The Euro scene is getting better and better in game too bc all the companies have deals with WrestleWorld now but aren't close to being big enough for exclusive contracts and no one outside of Europe/UK really wants to sign them, you just have to worry about 21CW poaching

Ace

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Carnie isn't the worst human in the game - there's some welsh millionaire bloke who is allegedly a pedo. Can't remember his name.

I REALLY want to make a European promotion that gets a TV deal but its such a challenge. The allure of getting LANDON MALLORY SOUTH AFRICAN SUPERSTAR into a legitimate TV superstar is massive though.

Australia is also an absolute gold mine for talent - not to mention almost all of RAW's guys are on handshake deals.

I've tried booking 21CW but their roster is so bland and all their renders are vanilla bald blokes so I find it difficult to care about most of the roster and get half of them confused :heston:

• Wow

Ace

Reaction score
EILL has a fun looking roster (GINO MONTERO THE GOAT) but I don't know enough about lucha libre to book them well