TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ace

Reaction score
1620755160791.png

Second PPV. Worst show I've had yet on either TV or PPV. And its meant to be one of the big ones :( Still higher than the company pop though so its not that bad I guess.

Key stories that led into this PPV:

After beating the veteran Jungle Lord, Spade labelled himself a legend killer and was immediately confronted by Angry Gilmore, who challenged him to a match. Spade declined as a cowardly heel would but was coaxed into fighting Gilmore at the PPV, and spent the weeks that followed attacking Gilmore post-matches.

The Ladies Men is a new tag team between Mainstream Hernandez and Dominic DeSousa that gives them both something to do. They won a match or two, said they were the next hot thing, convinced Hawaiian Crush to give them a title shot. Fairly generic feud to get the title reign running.

Starr has got more vicious since leaving the sleazy Rat Pack and attacked Morgan after a match the latter had on TV, built up to PPV match.

Davids beat up ZWB after a non-title match on TV and the Ranger/Marshall Dillon tag team made the save. Next week Davids beat Dillon and smashed him with a chair before Ranger could make the save, leading up to Ranger challenging Davids directly for the title.

Hannah said she left Valiant and chose Remo because she wanted a "winning horse," not the "also-ran" that Valiant has become when compared to guys like Rocky and Remo. Valiant wanted to prove that he's not an also-ran, hence the rematch.

Rocky/Scythe was a classic build up of Rocky cutting promos saying he's not scared of Scythe despite how he had been 'haunting' Rocky for a few months, and Scythe doing Undertaker-ish things to attack and disturb Rocky - culminating in the payoff show segment where Rocky found a gift in his locker - a voodoo doll of himself with a pin in it. Scythe attacked him from behind and left him writhing in pain.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If you make Mainstream Hernandez a bonafide main eventer, I'd be so happy :banderas: He was always someone I pushed on 2013

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Reaction score
I've got so many guys I want to make main eventers, its such a stacked roster.

He's definitely someone I'm considering long-term though.

May have to end up running a brand-split although I always find that much more tedious to book.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've got so many guys I want to make main eventers, its such a stacked roster.

He's definitely someone I'm considering long-term though.

May have to end up running a brand-split although I always find that much more tedious to book.

idk how much you've looked at RIPW so far but they have some top guys that are fun too but most of the roster is kinda ass.

So far I really like Hellion and Forrest Ratzloff (but they got called up pretty quick for me). Willy Laroux, Curt Merritt (who's actually PPA, you should sign him to an exclusive developmental deal probably), and Whole Lotta Marvin have huge upsides too

Ace

Reaction score
idk how much you've looked at RIPW so far but they have some top guys that are fun too but most of the roster is kinda ass.

So far I really like Hellion and Forrest Ratzloff (but they got called up pretty quick for me). Willy Laroux, Curt Merritt (who's actually PPA, you should sign him to an exclusive developmental deal probably), and Whole Lotta Marvin have huge upsides too
Yeah I've already brought up Forrest as Spade's lackey, spoiler alert but I plan on having a faction with Spade, The Ladies Men and Forrest as a bunch of pretty boys who think they're superior to everyone else. Forrest being a ripped heavyweight will be the muscle.

Hellion's great but I find him awkward to bring up onto the roster since he's so similar to Scythe.

I want to bring in The Magic Boys but they have the titles so I'll let them have a proper run with them first, there are a bunch of other guys I'll probably bring in gradually - particularly ahead of a brand split to fill out the rosters. Moriarty Schnell is another one with awesome potential, and guys like Deever Arnold, Warwick Good, and Rocky Weatherfield are all solid workers who can fill out the bottom card.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I've already brought up Forrest as Spade's lackey, spoiler alert but I plan on having a faction with Spade, The Ladies Men and Forrest as a bunch of pretty boys who think they're superior to everyone else. Forrest being a ripped heavyweight will be the muscle.

Hellion's great but I find him awkward to bring up onto the roster since he's so similar to Scythe.

I want to bring in The Magic Boys but they have the titles so I'll let them have a proper run with them first, there are a bunch of other guys I'll probably bring in gradually - particularly ahead of a brand split to fill out the rosters. Moriarty Schnell is another one with awesome potential, and guys like Deever Arnold, Warwick Good, and Rocky Weatherfield are all solid workers who can fill out the bottom card.

Oh yeah I forgot about Deever bc I took over RIPW after he was already called up to SWF. Moriarty is great too, I'm building him up for a big push currently (well when I decide to finally play again). Rocky is a great babyface too.....Warwick is the only one I have pause with bc for the life of me I can't get that dude over.

When I first started I was losing Forrest and Hellion soon so my plan was to make Warwick my GUY until he got called up bc it felt soon too and man he just flopped so hard that I ended up taking the belt off him kinda quick and my headlining feud now is a faction war between Willy's Infamous and Curt Merrit's Merrit Enterprises that I made up lol and Warwick is an upper midcarder doing better now at least.

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah Warwick doesn't have anywhere near the star quality, charisma etc to become a top guy but he at least can already work in the ring so he's essentially a useful jobber to have on the main roster - at least I imagine by looking at his stats. I've got no plans to push Warwick on the main roster, just to use him as a jobber who can actually work.

Just checked in the 'Creative' tab and under Hot Prospects, they think Forrest can become a 'fantastic' in-ring performer which is basically the highest prediction a wrestler can get so I'm hoping he develops his in-ring talent quickly on the main roster as with his star quality/sex appeal he could actually become a main eventer down the line.

Of course I'll probably never get to that point as I don't stay committed to saves for long enough lol.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah Warwick doesn't have anywhere near the star quality, charisma etc to become a top guy but he at least can already work in the ring so he's essentially a useful jobber to have on the main roster - at least I imagine by looking at his stats. I've got no plans to push Warwick on the main roster, just to use him as a jobber who can actually work.

Just checked in the 'Creative' tab and under Hot Prospects, they think Forrest can become a 'fantastic' in-ring performer which is basically the highest prediction a wrestler can get so I'm hoping he develops his in-ring talent quickly on the main roster as with his star quality/sex appeal he could actually become a main eventer down the line.

Of course I'll probably never get to that point as I don't stay committed to saves for long enough lol.

Yeah I wasn't sold on Warwick being THE guy for too long but I thought it'd be fine for a couple months bc I was hit with the Forrest/Hellion are leaving notifications within two weeks after I took over the company and Forrest was main champion with Hellion as midcard champion (for some reason) so I was like FUCK and Warwick was the only other kinda main eventer :bosque

Thank god I noticed Willy Laroux and Curt Merrit were both gaining popularity INSANELY fast bc of how good they were at talking and I'd always schedule interviews and what not with them, so I strapped it on Willy and he's been champ for probs 3 or 4 months now, December 2021-March 2022 I think, you might have inspired me to continue this game actually :lol

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah I like going for guys with high Star Quality and charisma, as well as solid psychology and brawling to at least be able to hold their own in the ring (brawling can be replaced with aerial or technical).

Warwick has the latter which makes him an okay worker but not the SQ and charisma to get himself over. I find guys like him best to get others over like Laroux and co.

Personally if I booked RIPW I'd probably strap a rocket to guys like Zap Powerson, Marvin, Hellion etc who have great star quality and charisma.

You should have booked my RIPW for me; I dropped Makutsi down to them because he's in a funk and was addicted to soft drugs and I like the idea of a return to glory type story for him down the line - kind of like how they did with Jeff Hardy recently.

Makutsi is just churning out great matches because his pop his obviously huge for the promotion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I like going for guys with high Star Quality and charisma, as well as solid psychology and brawling to at least be able to hold their own in the ring (brawling can be replaced with aerial or technical).

Warwick has the latter which makes him an okay worker but not the SQ and charisma to get himself over. I find guys like him best to get others over like Laroux and co.

Personally if I booked RIPW I'd probably strap a rocket to guys like Zap Powerson, Marvin, Hellion etc who have great star quality and charisma.

You should have booked my RIPW for me; I dropped Makutsi down to them because he's in a funk and was addicted to soft drugs and I like the idea of a return to glory type story for him down the line - kind of like how they did with Jeff Hardy recently.

Makutsi is just churning out great matches because his pop his obviously huge for the promotion.

Man, I've been trying to find a way playing as RIPW to get SWF to send some people down to me but I don't think it's possible to initiate from my end :hogansun

I 100% agree with Zap and Marvin too, Marvin is in my Merrit Enterprises stable and a tag champ but I've already been giving him main event TV solo matches and he's primed to breakout, has ABSURD charisma.

Ace

Reaction score
Oh btw Bryan Jewett's contract came up for renewal and I took a look at him and realised he is pretty damn solid - really good entertainment skills for a 23-yo, 76 star quality that can increase in time with size and shape changes, and he's more than good enough as a worker.

Oh, and he has 82 selling. So he's great jobber material to start his career and build up some pop :WOW:

Ace

Reaction score
Oh god, Valiant just got injured and will be out for a couple months... and it wasn't even at a show!

I'd had some really great ideas for him too... :hogansun:

• Sad

Ace

Reaction score
Oh I just checked medical and its 41 days and he can still work angles, i guess i'll be able to make that work

Ace

Reaction score
1620806270249.png

Good PPV again - strong matches all round.

Key storylines to understand -

Spade won cheaply last PPV and Gilmore wanted a rematch - even going as far as to attack him, which caused Spade to accept. [I just realised I botched the match booking as Spade was meant to win :heston:] I'll just pretend in my head.

Awesomeness won an good TV match and Hawaiian Crush acknoweldged a good win after the match. Ladies Man Dominic DeSouza won a singles match against Bryan Jewett and wanted to know where his acknowledgement was - Crush said fine, if they can beat Awesomeness, they will make their title match a triple threat. Ladies Men cheated their way to victory.

Starr wasn't satsified after losing to Morgan last PPV, attacked him until they agreed to a rematch.

Rogue attacked Valiant ahead of a Main Event match they were both part of (a 2v2) - ZWB replaced Rogue and said he wanted a 1v1 match at PPV to teach him a lesson

Lau was attacked from behind a while back and assumed it was Brandon James after Lau had beaten James at the last PPV. James insisted it was not him who had attacked Lau but Lau did not believe him.

Davids harassed Ranger for a rematch, eventually got it.

After proving himself against Valiant, Remo felt he deserved a match. Rocky agreed, never afraid to defend his belt.

Ace

Reaction score
Spade is just money in TEW, he's basically a cheat code for high ratings.