TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
YES! My dawg is back on top. Trips provin' he's the real Hell in a Cell master.

Reactions: Chris

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
YES! My dawg is back on top. Trips provin' he's the real Hell in a Cell master.

He had help. :side: even if he didn't plan the help and has no idea what happened himself.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's gonna brag like he did it all on his own anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Like I said in the smarkbox, I already did a 1994 WCW game. I figured I'd dig up the posts I made about it on another forum and share them here to give you guys a picture of what I did... so here goes.

--------------------​

I'm settling in on my 1994 WCW game. It's been a few months now and my roster has mostly been transformed into what I wanted and my preferred guys are picking up steam now. I just had Halloween Havoc and so here are the results....

Halloween Havoc 1994
TD Garden - Boston, MA, USA
Attendance: 19,028 (sell out)

Pre-Show
Kevin Sullivan and Al Snow def Brian Armstrong and Brad Armstrong

Pre-Show
Tatsumi Fujinami def Meng

WCW World Television Championship
First Blood Match

Brian Pillman (c) def Terry Funk

Open Challenge
The Allied Front (Charles Wright and Harlem Heat) def Bill DeMott and The Hardy Boyz

Johnny B. Badd def Diamond Dallas Page (with Diamond Doll and John Layfield)

Jean-Paul Levesque (with Squire William) def Ray Traylor

WCW World Tag Team Championship
The Four Horsemen (Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko)(c) def Stars 'n' Stripes (The Patriot and Marcus Alexander Bagwell)

Arn Anderson def Pegasus Kid

If Eddie wins, The Allied Front disbands
If Eddie loses, he joins The Allied Front

Ron Simmons def Eddie Guerrero

Ricky Steamboat def Lord Steven Regal (with Squire William)

Number One Contender's Match
Triple Threat

Sting def Dustin Rhodes and Randy Savage

Backstage Brawl
Cactus Jack def Raven

WCW World Television Championship
Steve Austin (c) def Taz (with Harley Race)

Ric Flair def Scott Steiner

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Cage Match

Hulk Hogan (c) (with Jimmy Hart) def Vader (with Harley Race)

So far I have consistently won the national battle every month against WWF. I also stole Savage and Raven as you can see.

Story wise, Hogan is of course playing a big role. He's been feuding with The Four Horsemen, Vader and his old friend, now sworn enemy, Randy Savage. Within that we also have Savage in a mini-feud with Sting, Flair and Anderson are dealing with Steiner and some other NJPW ambassadors, and Race is trying to gather talent to go with Vader so he has gotten Taz to reluctantly join him.

Then we have Raven haunting Cactus Jack over something mysterious that happened in their past. The Allied Front (my Nation of Domination rip off) have been recruiting Guerrero but he doesn't agree with their stance of essentially being supremacists. Regal and Steamboat are in a passing of the torch style rivalry but Regal is determined by end Steamboat's career because he idolized him but believes he's washed up. Badd and Page are feuding after Page tried to hustle Badd in a poker game and Badd has been insinuating Doll has been cheating on Page. And Pillman and Funk were feuding because Funk was being an old prick and calling Pillman soft. This is going to be Funk's last match in WCW as I'm not extending his contract and I'm booking Pillman as having developed this killer instinct that leads to him brutalizing Funk in this first blood match.

--------------------​

Working into February 1995 with WCW right now.

Last October I brought in Randy Savage beginning a storyline against Hogan that has been raging on since. Savage has been chaos at every event. I had Bockwinkel attempt to fire him only for Bischoff to step in block it, as he is the President of WCW. Bischoff and Bockwinkel had a feud over power with Bischoff being on Savage's side, obviously bound to get rid of Hogan, while Bockwinkel obviously backs Hogan and is trying to stop Savage and Bischoff. This resulted in a WCW World Title match at Starrcade where Hogan beat Savage which also granted Bockwinkel power.

Fast forward a bit, Savage enlisted Scott Norton from NJPW to be his muscle. First we had Norton attack a fan and cause a big controversy, then the two of them destroyed Hogan and Steiner after their title match at Road Wild and used a sledge hammer to destroy the World Heavyweight Championship. Now Ted Turner has stepped in, suspended the two of them and fired Bockwinkel and will soon be handing the reigns over to Bischoff. I plan to use this period to have Hogan finally drop the title one way or another before finding a way to dethrone Bischoff after a few months of tyrannical rule.

So far I've managed to boost a few of the younger generation up the card. Steve Austin, Scott Steiner, Dustin Rhodes, DDP, Lord Steven Regal, Brian Pillman and Taz are upper midcard and main event now. In some cases, these guys were already up there but have reached new heights with strong booking. Austin has basically only lost to Vader in the half a year I've booked so far. Steiner finally managed to beat Flair at the Japan Supershow. Regal went over Steamboat at Starrcade and had a title match with Hogan at one point. Taz has been booked a lot like his ECW run as The Human Suplex Machine.

Then I have a good little crop of guys I brought in as jobbers who are now solid midcarders. Basically the WWF Attitude Era midcard lol. Al Snow, AC Conner, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Pegasus Kid (Benoit), John Layfield and Rey Mysterio Jr. are all developing well.

Now, I've had Jean-Paul Levesque paired with Lord Steven Regal for a while but Regal is always pushing main event status and I think it's time to take Levesque to the next level. I've written him out for a while, having Regal accidentally strike him with brass knuckles, giving him a concussion, messing up his vision. I'm going to bring him back with a more badass gimmick, like we've come to know him for. I do want to change his name though. And I don't want to make him Triple H of course because I don't like to name someone something that they got from a different company.

So does anyone have any ideas on names for him. Does Paul Levesque sound any more badass than Jean-Paul Levesque? Should I try to give him a whole new name or just change his ring name to something more like a nickname (ie Triple H, The Rock, Sting, etc)?

EDIT: I also debuted Nitro and will soon start Thunder. And I made Pegasus Kid the inagural Cruiserweight Champion at Starrcade.

--------------------
On another note I've been scheming new names for the returning Jean-Paul Levesque. This is not a strong suit for me I feel and it's definitely extra tough to rename someone as established as Triple H.

But for the moment I need to to get the name Triple H out of your head. Just imagine a long blonde haired, physically imposing, leather jacket and blue jean wearing lone wolf character... and tell me which name sounds best for him.

a. Paul Levesque
b. The Ripper
c. Jax Benedict
d. Carnage
e. Michael Draven

Since only a few people ever post in here I'm really counting on you guys.
lol.gif

--------------------
Personally I often use guys who aren't quite top tier to challenge for the world title, especially if I've decided I want to keep the title on someone for a while. Don't want to blow my load too fast and run all the real contenders at the champ early because one of them would likely be the one to ultimately dethrone them. Case in point I've had Dustin Rhodes, Lord Steven Regal and now DDP all take a swing at Hogan's title so far. I've also ran him against Vader, Flair and Savage once within the reign. Ultimately Sting will probably be the one who gets the belt next so I put off having him challenge and lose, giving those fringe main events a shot first. The matches still go over well and it makes me feel like even though I didn't give them the rub, I've established that they're at that level now.

--------------------
In true WCW fashion I had my first real major backstage problem when Hulk Hogan started a fight with Michael Draven (Triple H) and got his ass kicked. He was already upset over me releasing his buddy Jim Duggan. I decided to suspend him for the incident because fuck him anyways and he ultimately requested his release which I happily granted him. Saves me a load of cash. Luckily I had recently done an angle where I had Hogan suffer an injury causing him to vacate the World Heavyweight Championship and moved it on to Savage. In many ways this is good as it relieved a lot of the tension I had between Hogan and others in the locker room, I don't have to pay his huge contract and I had recently started beating WWF in ratings, consistently winning the national battle against them (though they remain #1 in terms of popularity) so this should increase the difficulty for me if they sign him up. On the negative side, Bischoff is still my boss and he was understandably not too happy about the suspension and the fact I let him walk. But no big deal there, I'm on track to achieve all the goals he set out for me so we're good I think.

--------------------
I have to say that I've gone in a pretty different direction as a whole. My WCW is definitely youth oriented.

I immediately got rid of Duggan and most of the generic low carders I started with. I've basically steered clear of signing anyone who is over the hill, other than Randy Savage who I took from WWF. I also took Jarrett and Raven who are both fringe main eventers though I also lost Vader. I ran Hogan off when it got to where I felt he was causing more trouble than he's worth. And he remains a free agent to this day. About a year in now I've solidified several new stars. My top five draws right now are Savage, Flair, Sting, Austin and DDP, who somehow are all bigger draws in America than WWF's top five guys. I renamed Jean-Paul Levesque aka Triple H to Michael Draven and gave him a badass gimmick, and he has shot up the card to a main eventer. I brought Taz in and given him a nice run. Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit have been giving me some amazing matches and are my go-to midcarders for good matches. I brought in Saturn and Malenko to reform the Four Horsemen with Flair and Anderson. Pillman, Dustin Rhodes, Booker T, Lord Steven Regal and Cactus Jack are all upper midcard or main event level as well. I also started the cruiserweight division but no women's division.

I have a lot I need to go over but don't have the motivation to do a full round up of the happenings in my game at the moment so I'll probably do a huge summary post after I get past Starrcade which is four months down the road.

--------------------

...aaaaand that's all I could find. Hopefully you folks can piece that together to figure out what was going on. Sad I never made that huge summary post after Starrcade. I definitely ran Starrcade 1995 and I'm pretty certain it was headlined by Sting vs. Savage. Other than that I can't remember a whole lot that happened.

Reactions: Chris and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I could probably actually watch that WCW if it was real. Damn, shame you can't find more of it.

Reactions: Hoss

Ace

Reaction score
Y'all should seriously play the Cornellverse, it's actually awesome.

Played as SWF for 6 months (until the wrestlemania equivalent) but fucked up some shit so gonna start another one from scratch. May do a diary here on WS but not sure if peeps would be interested in a non real-world diary?

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm sure it's well balanced but I prefer people I actually know.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean, I’d probably read it for the fun of it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Y'all should seriously play the Cornellverse, it's actually awesome.

Played as SWF for 6 months (until the wrestlemania equivalent) but fucked up some shit so gonna start another one from scratch. May do a diary here on WS but not sure if peeps would be interested in a non real-world diary?

I've played the C-verse quite a bit and it's a ton of fun so I'd def read it if you posted

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAME

• Haha

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think you gotta be careful with Hogan carrying SmackDown lol, everything else was pretty low. I do have to question you opening Raw with a divas match and THEN HHH's celebration :lmao I mean I guess it was worth the wait for the legendary segment but still lmao and Hogan/HHH are probably the top two heels in wrestling and both got 100 segments in one week :DEAD:

• Haha

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think you gotta be careful with Hogan carrying SmackDown lol, everything else was pretty low. I do have to question you opening Raw with a divas match and THEN HHH's celebration :lmao I mean I guess it was worth the wait for the legendary segment but still lmao and Hogan/HHH are probably the top two heels in wrestling and both got 100 segments in one week :DEAD:

Yeah, the Smackdown didn't go so great. Two of the new networks wasn't happy with the rating it got. Next week will be a bit better as full drive to the PPV is kicked in. Raw is staying pretty great tho.

Triple H was a bit....busy during the opening to be doing his celebrating just yet.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Before we get to my results here are the awards so far thing they do at the halfway point.

2ZWlV2P.png
z8hc3Ff.png
jquWlXk.png
e2zKomx.png
dgqt69L.png
Fe8zZB8.png
J7ZWvDQ.png

PnG3etZ.png

Now this last one is funny

XJWkRtk.png

g1wiI61.png

ziFIXlU.png

AJ called up, he's a midcarder. Daniels was signed right to the Main Roster and is also a midcarder.