TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Update: I signed Katie Lea but plans to sign Paul Burchill too fell through and Katie Lea cost me a lot of money as it is :francis So I gave her a Nazi gimmick and shipped her off to Inter Species Wrestling which I have as a developmental child company

(at which Matt Cardona, on loan from me, has taken the main title)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You made her a nazi :pogba

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Would there be any interest in a full BTB using a Cornellverse promotion? Or are y'all (except Chris) not interested in Cornellverse stuff. (Cornellverse is the default universe in TEW)

I've done it a few times and it's fun.

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah I'm noticing this now in February 2022. I'm not like super annoyed or gonna call it horrible necessarily bc for the most part I think the game is going how real life seems to? At least with some, like USPW is putting out mid products but still making a lot of money and popularity....like WWE lol They're basically even popularity around the whole world. I did notice in the recent update he said he was tweaking how popular top stars get so fast or something though.

I also feel like the WrestleWorld broadcasters were great, idk necesarilly about gameplay bc I haven't used them (WW Australia opened up like 3 months after I launched my own streaming service with ZEN :slip: ) but just looking at viewing figures from the indies that have it, they seem balanced well and indies are slowly rolling out weekly TV shows like you see now from a ton of companies on IWTV irl.

Yeah the problem is it only gets worse. I'm not as worried about company pop but I've simmed like 5 years into the future and SWF/USPW end up with way too many main event guys that are insanely over (read- more over than the most over star at the start of the game).

I'm hoping that update will fix it but I have a feeling he means he has adjusted the number of newgens that automatically have high pop (guys who are ex-MMA stars and ex-football players.) I asked him in the forums but he hasn't responded.

I've done it a few times and it's fun.
Yeah biggest problem is I've played so much Cornellverse I'm out of creative ideas for it lol.

I guess I could try Japan or Mexico but I always feel I don't understand non-English wrestling cultures enough to write good TV.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah the problem is it only gets worse. I'm not as worried about company pop but I've simmed like 5 years into the future and SWF/USPW end up with way too many main event guys that are insanely over (read- more over than the most over star at the start of the game).

I'm hoping that update will fix it but I have a feeling he means he has adjusted the number of newgens that automatically have high pop (guys who are ex-MMA stars and ex-football players.) I asked him in the forums but he hasn't responded.

Yeah biggest problem is I've played so much Cornellverse I'm out of creative ideas for it lol.

I guess I could try Japan or Mexico but I always feel I don't understand non-English wrestling cultures enough to write good TV.
Do a Road to Glory Challenge.

Ace

Reaction score
So I'm busy simming through and nearly 2 years in things look promising. Nicky Champion is the only US wrestler with 90+ pop as far as I can tell. Rocky Golden dropped to 88pop, Remo 84, Frehley 89, RichMoney 87. So for now its looking decent. Will keep updated.

Reactions: Chris

Ace

Reaction score
TBH a Local to Global may be more attractive to me (Or, I guess, an Insignificant to Titanic these days).

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah in my game both Cornell boys are in SWF and TCW has been ransacked by either SWF or USPW signing their stars and also bc wolf Hawkins was caught with prostitutes and fired :hogansun

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah in my game both Cornell boys are in SWF and TCW has been ransacked by either SWF or USPW signing their stars and also bc wolf Hawkins was caught with prostitutes and fired :hogansun
Wow poor TCW man, in my watcher save Ace Andrews moved to CWA :reigns3 and Jay Chord went to SWF.
Wolf and Greg Gauge are basically their only hope.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Haven't seen anyone decent go to CWA lmaoooo Chord just left for USPW I think at the end of 2021 for me, might have been SWF tho.

Ace

Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone decent go to CWA lmaoooo Chord just left for USPW I think at the end of 2021 for me, might have been SWF tho.
Yeah it seems surprising to me too tbh, Ace has like 68pop in Canada but mid-high 80s in the US, and given the US promotions are richer anyway, it doesn't make sense that CWA could out-bid them.
I forgot TCW also has Valiant in my watcher save which is a massive pickup for them.

Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi