Teen tricks Walmart stores out of nearly $30,000

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
KFOR said:
NORMAN, Okla. – A 17-year-old is facing charges after he tricked three Walmart stores out of nearly $30,000.

Police aren’t releasing his name because he is a juvenile, but Norman police finally caught up to him Jan. 30 in Norman and arrested him.

The teen stole from the Walmart stores in Dec. after conning managers into believing he worked there.

“You would think a store manager would catch on to something like that,†said shopper Vernon Boyce.

After reading the police report, you realize no one noticed or suspected anything.
The report says at a Moore Walmart he “…acted as if he was a general manager from another store.â€

Wearing the company’s name tag and all, he told the manager “…he was doing an inventory of the store before general managers came to inspect them after the holidays.â€

Surveillance cameras caught the teenager. The report says he was “…alone in the cash office…†It says he took “… multiple bundles of cash, stuffing them inside his pockets and clothes.â€

He even hugged the manager before he walked out.

Sgt. Jeremey Lewis says this is one for the books.

“He’s obviously confident in what he’s doing and has a good story,†said Sgt. Lewis.
The teen knew the drill because police say he worked at a Walmart in Oklahoma City until he was fired for stealing money.

After that, he showed up in his old uniform at an Edmond store. Managers actually put him to work on a register.

He pocketed more than $3,000 that day.

“I really would have been too nervous, too scared to even try it,†said Boyce.

When the fraudster played the same role in the Norman Walmart, the con was over. The Cleveland County District Attorney is working on the case now. No word yet on if he will be tried as an adult.
The one person interviewed really hit the nail on the head when they said that a store manager should notice something like this. Not to mention, are there really that many 17 year old store managers (as this kid claimed he was) at Wal-Mart's across the uS? Finally, is it really a wise idea to leave ANYONE alone in the cash room? I thought there always had to be two people in places like that, to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Fuji Vice said:
I thought there always had to be two people in places like that, to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening.

Yup

Every manager involved should have lost their job.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
Nah, cash rooms are suppose to be outfitted with cameras preventing such activity. Apparently this one wasnt.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Nah, cash rooms are suppose to be outfitted with cameras preventing such activity. Apparently this one wasnt.

Yeah really. Also only certain employees are allowed in those rooms. When I took a part time job as Loss Prevention for Lowe's years ago, only the accountant, sales manager, and store manager were allowed in there.

This was a pretty intelligent kid. Damn to steal that much.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Another cultural difference then.

We have cameras all over the place, but banking is still required to be done by two people.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
We have cameras all over the place, but banking is still required to be done by two people.
Same here, which I guess explains why this never seems to happen to our stores. Also, the article does state that he was caught on camera, so clearly they were working. I guess nobody was watching though. Seems like it defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Same here, which I guess explains why this never seems to happen to our stores. Also, the article does state that he was caught on camera, so clearly they were working. I guess nobody was watching though. Seems like it defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sadly, you don't get quality help for the wages these days. There is always going to be that one disgruntled or distracted employee who refuses to work or just misses something.

Castiel

Reaction score
Props to the kid regardless, I guess confidence really is key. Great story.