Technical Help

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AndyA11

Jobber
Reaction score
Not sure if anyyone here will be able to help me, but whenever I go to watch a videio on your site since the changes were made, about 30 seconds into the video, it shifts across so the left edge of the content is halfway across the embed frame. Even when I go fullscreen it does it so I can only see the left half of the video. Is anyone else suffering with this, and does anyone know a workaround? Thanks!

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Link to video page and browser?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Which web browser? Try a script blocker for whichever one you use.

AndyA11

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm using firefox, and I've just tried running a script blocker add-on, and it seems like it's and advert though the video. I can block it but then the video won't play, any other suggestions? Thanks for the help so far guys :)

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Still waiting on a link. If it's a video/stream that's being hosted by somebody else, then there isn't much that can be done on this end.

You may be able to get a direct link to the flash player they're using and pass in the video/stream ID as a variable instead of having to load the entire page, but if the flash player itself is starting the adverts then there really isn't much that can be done.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
If you're trying to view the dailymotion videos, right click anywhere on the page and choose "View Source" (or some other equivalent), then press CTRL+F to search for "dailymotion", then just copy that entire link into the URL and watch it like that.
This should be a direct link through Dailymotion and any adverts or scripts from pwnews.org won't be there.

I only clicked on a random page, so I'm not sure if there are any other sites on there apart from pwnews.org, but if they're all linked through Dailymotion then the step above should work.

AndyA11

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah they're all pwnews ones, And I tried that but get a 403 forbidden error from dailymotion, even when logging in :-/

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I'm using firefox, and I've just tried running a script blocker add-on, and it seems like it's and advert though the video. I can block it but then the video won't play, any other suggestions? Thanks for the help so far guys :)

Are you using an adblocker?

Use this as your script blocker - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/?src=search
Make sure to click the icon and allow scripts for certain things, that's why the video wouldn't play.

Try this adblocker - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/?src=search

Reactions: AndyA11

AndyA11

Jobber
Reaction score
Still getting the trouble guys. I'm running both the scrpit blocker and ad blocker you suggested Solidus, I've figured out which particular script it is causing the advert that moves the video, but when I forbid it from running, i get this error "An error occured: $ is not defined at undefined line undefined" and the video doesn't load. I've added the particular script to the adblocker definitions too, but it still keeps loading. Maybe I haven't done that part properly, man I suck with computers :p

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Are you only having problems with one video or is it happening on a lot of them? With ad-block, I don't see any adverts and the video plays fine for me, and accessing the dailymotion link directly also works. Feel free to PM me the link to a video that is having the problem if you don't want to post it here.

Edit: Heading off soon so I probably won't be on if you message. I'll try and check it out tomorrow evening if you still want to send it over.

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I had no problems with Opera 15 and Adblock.