Tara Injured Last Night

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KMets2002

Reaction score
ECW Originals vs. New Breed - Good or Bad?

I love this storyline as long as it is not botched like the WWF vs WCW Invasion angle.

Look at it this way. For the first time since its "rebirth" there is an actual week-to-week storyline not revolving around the ECW World Championship. I found it almost impossible to watch ECW every week simply to see another title match or a storyline that lasted three weeks and ultimately went nowhere (CM Punk-Mike Knox-Kelly Kelly). This is the kind of story that can stretch for months not weeks and can be effective. Plus there are so many more positives than negatives.

First off look at the Originals involved - Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Sandman, RVD - all were basically being buried and would have (and may still be) been fired in a few months. Now they are involved in top tier storyline on the brand. Now lets look at who they are feuding with - Elijah Burke, Marcus CorVon (the next Rock, i'm tellin ya), Matt Striker, Kevin Thorn, and...(lets say Mike Knox - I say Knox instead of Test or Holly simply because the other four guys never had any kind of run on WWE programming so it would make more sense for Knox than Test or Holly). Anyway, these four or five guys would have been stuck in a mid-card without a title which again would have ultimately led nowhere and there would be no reason to watch.

I could have done without Vince McMahon in this angle and what would make it awesome would be if somehow they brought Heyman back to lead the Originals, but that's pretty unlikely. What I would do is have CM Punk be an Original ECW fan or sympathizer whatever and have him join their side considering that the only wrestler on the original side that can work a full match still is probably RVD. This feud can stretch - dare I say - to Survivor Series - 8 months from now - but I would simply stretch it out to ONS III. Have a 12 man tag team elimination match as your main event and do it in the Hammerstein Ballroom - Home Field Advantage for the Originals. The place would be going nuts and the tag format would allow RVD and Punk to do most of the work while the other four get their occassional hardcore spots.

This feud doesn't split the audience because the audience is already split. If you look at the IWC and fans anyway, there are people who can't stand the new ECW because they were hoping for something similar to the old ECW. Then there are people who like the new extremists and enjoy the new ECW, perhaps with little or no knowledge of the old one. This is an easy storyline for the fans to get behind, as long as they start watching.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
I too am really enjoying this feud so far, as you said it is something different than seeing a world title match every week that leads nowhere, the only thing i am worried about is due to the fact that Vince McMahon is not really keen on the original ECW lot (the characters wer'nt his idea nor did he really like ECW in its hey day) that he will job them out in this feud.

Montana

I love the idea, i hate how they just banded the new breed together. I dont care what anyone says Kevin Thorne does NOT belong with the group. Just throwing guys together with similar styles is one thing but we got 1 soul brother corvon, 1 suck up in Burke, 1 teacher, .....and then a vampire? I mean come on. They should have thorne be a face, and Test be in the New Breed. I would think eventually the new breed will win over the originals, BUT they will run into Lashley and Cm Punk. One by One the originals will drop with Balls and Dreamer being the last ones around.

KMets2002

Reaction score
Why not have Thorn be involved - if you remember in the beginning we thought he was going to be one of those Sci-Fi characters that were only going to last one week - remember the Zombie - then he gets paired up with Ariel (hot) and they haven't been bad - plus they need a big power move guy and Thorn fits that bill. It also doesn't hurt to have Ariel at ringside.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I like the storyline but this is probably just away for Vince to end what is left of the real ecw(the wrestlers that is)and pretty much end ecw in general.

i think this One Night Stand (if they have one) will be one of the worst selling ppvs this year the last 2 years it god buyrates because of the hardcore ecw fans and now Vince pretty much told all of them to **** off and stop living in the past and now most if not all stoped watching it and are probably watching wsx.

so in away it's a good storyline that gives the ecw O's(originals) like Tommy Dreamer,Balls Mahoney,Sandman and Sabu a fued thats meaningful and not just random thrown together matches like they use to wrestle but unless this gets people interrested going again this is going to be the end of the "new" ecw.

Montana

Read my post again, i said Test would replace thorne, and no thornes not a big move guy, and no they dont need a big move guy.

There is no way he fits in, i dont care if he was on the first show. Arguement over.

KMets2002

Reaction score
I disagree - there were fans last year who bought ONS just to see how Cena would be treated. The original ECW fans are an attraction all their own. And you could have other Originals make a run in to help out - Mysterio/Benoit/Foley/Funk - their are enough possibilities to keep people watching and make the buyrate for ONS about a million times better than December to Dismember.

I have no problem with Test being involved in the storyline as he would be perfect example of the new ECW. I'm just saying Thorn is as much of an example as Test is so why not have both - there is an open spot on the New Breed side after all.

Markz

Reaction score
I hate this story line, you would of thought for Wrestlemania they will have a few hot storylines to push ECW, but no we have this one, bad one.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
i don't know the new rules but i'm sure somewhere in there it says don't double post there is a edit bottom

to KMets2002

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This storyline should have been done from the very moment ECW started up.

They really blew it by doing it now. The originals have all been pretty much jobbed out, and nobody cares anymore about the originals aside from RVD.

Granted, this still could have potential, but significantly less.

xtremebadass

I love this new storyline, it's great. I see Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman, Balls, and RVD vs. Striker, Cor Von, Thorn, Burke, and Test at Mania, that'd be sick

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I wanted this storyline to happen when ECW started, but I have a bad feeling Vince is just burying the old ECW...again.

JMay187

Reaction score
Well Vince is just now getting involved with ECW since Heyman is gone so ECW is going to start turning around and the WWE will have three top brands and rule all compatention they might get.

Truth

Reaction score
Its obvious there trying hard to outdue WSX (with ECW), hence why Vince has been appearing, not to mention this storyline which I am a huge fan of. I would've rather Stryker be thrown out and Knox in the new breed. Anyway hopefully this ends at Wrestlemania in some crazy extreme rules match.