Taker upset at Slammys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SFAeroTaker

Jobber
Reaction score
It's not that Taker didn't return (like I'd expect him to this early anyway) but Taker vs. Punk did NOT win match of the year and I, along with the millions of Taker fans wanna know...why and how? Why didn't this match win and how didn't it win?
c214aef82f81c52ab08c87f575456246.jpg

Dead Man Walkin'

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Business. Taker/Punk was better than Rock/Cena, but Rock/Cena was more memorable in WWE's eyes and was more money worth.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I was hoping Undertaker/Punk or Rhodes Brothers/Shield would have won, but they're probably pushing for yet another Cena/Rock match. Regardless of what some feel about The Rock and Cena now, they're a great sell for a lot of the fanbase and get a lot of attention for their matches. There's a reason why Cena sells so much merchandise and why The Rock is so well known in the entertainment industry. Both are very marketable and I'm sure that's why they won.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Brock/Punk should have easily won, and that match wasn't even nominated.

Figured Rock/Cena would win considering it was the main event of Wrestlemania. That makes it the most important match out of all of them, so of course WWE is gonna hand the award to that one.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Brock/Punk should have easily won, and that match wasn't even nominated.

Figured Rock/Cena would win considering it was the main event of Wrestlemania. That makes it the most important match out of all of them, so of course WWE is gonna hand the award to that one.
i'm sorry, Rhodes family winning vs the shield was not only a great match, but BY FAR the best story told in a while. It was amazing.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Rhodes Brothers vs The Shield should've won
1000% agreed. Undertaker vs Punk was a good match, but not a jaw dropper. There was nothing to it. I didn't believe Punk would win, doubt anyone but kids did. When I watched him vs HHH there was a chance so it made that match more amazing. Not to mention, the history. The Rhodes vs Shield match though was amazing. Didn't need any extra to be a great match.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

SFAeroTaker

Jobber
Reaction score
Come on guys; Rock vs Cena didn't win last year! Maybe because there's a title involved...

Dead Man Walkin'

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
>WWE Championship
>Royal Rumble Winner
>Current biggest draw in WWE
>Famous movie star

From a business point of view, this was the best match all year. In terms of technical wrestling it was very poor.

Nexus1

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
wweforever.net
WWE need some biggest all time great wrestlers like stone cold,rock,hhh etc. current wwe line up is very poor. wwe should create new nexus with WB and give them main event match with the shield.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Misleading title.

Rhodes Vs Shield was better all round.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
WWE need some biggest all time great wrestlers like stone cold,rock,hhh etc. current wwe line up is very poor. wwe should create new nexus with WB and give them main event match with the shield.
How is the current line up "poor", WWE has picked up some of the best of the indies and the young talent is through the roof, why would you want to see occasional mediocre matches from Rock and HHH and see Austin work under countless injuries?

Reactions: Wacokid27