Tag-teams be used on SmackDown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Last week on SmackDOwn we had a Big Show squash match and a Mark Henry squash match, if they're desperate for matches why not have the tag-team titles defended on 2 SmackDowns a year, and have them compete with different teams every single week for number one contenders and stuff?

The one benefit of having a second lower brand is to showcase the talent that can't get on to RAW because of big-nosed HHH taking up 30 minutes by himself. Remember that RAW a month ago when there was a triple threat tag-team match fro the title I think, that was one of the best RAW's of the year.

You have a pair of talented wrestlers in Epico & Primo, they're fun to watch, but they can't get over if they're not even going to compete weekly.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Anxiety said:
Last week on SmackDOwn we had a Big Show squash match and a Mark Henry squash match, if they're desperate for matches why not have the tag-team titles defended on 2 SmackDowns a year, and have them compete with different teams every single week for number one contenders and stuff?

The one benefit of having a second lower brand is to showcase the talent that can't get on to RAW because of big-nosed HHH taking up 30 minutes by himself. Remember that RAW a month ago when there was a triple threat tag-team match fro the title I think, that was one of the best RAW's of the year.

You have a pair of talented wrestlers in Epico & Primo, they're fun to watch, but they can't get over if they're not even going to compete weekly.

Because that makes sense and isn't #wwelogic

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
NXT doesn't give the tag teams enough exposure though.

I think the SD idea would work as it'd give tags the exposure required and start to get the casual wrestling fam back into tag team action.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Cloud said:
NXT doesn't give the tag teams enough exposure though.

I think the SD idea would work as it'd give tags the exposure required and start to get the casual wrestling fam back into tag team action.

OH, so you're looking at this from a logical perspective. Silly Cloud.
They're using NXT for that, but as you say that means nothing.

Personally, I don't want tag-team wrestling back until they get away from the set-in-stone tag team match formula they have of "Heels isolate face and beat him down for most of the match, face gets in hope spot, teases hot tag, heels beat him down more, face gets another hope spot and gets the hot tag to the partner who cleans house, he goes for his finisher, illegal heel runs in to run interference, illegal face throws him over the top rope, face goes for finisher again, and it's either reversed or hit."

WWE: Do something different.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Draine said:
OH, so you're looking at this from a logical perspective. Silly Cloud.
They're using NXT for that, but as you say that means nothing.

Personally, I don't want tag-team wrestling back until they get away from the set-in-stone tag team match formula they have of "Heels isolate face and beat him down for most of the match, face gets in hope spot, teases hot tag, heels beat him down more, face gets another hope spot and gets the hot tag to the partner who cleans house, he goes for his finisher, illegal heel runs in to run interference, illegal face throws him over the top rope, face goes for finisher again, and it's either reversed or hit."

WWE: Do something different.

LOL at the underlined :)

And yeah I agree with ur statement that they need to step away from the above mentioned format of tag team wrestling.

Main reason I want changes is because I miss a decent tag division and feel it could help with bringing talent through.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Cloud said:
Because that makes sense and isn't #wwelogic

I forgot about #wwelogic

Draine said:
That's what NXT is for.

#actualwwelogic

:'(

Randy Savage said:
WHAT TAG TEAM? ARE U TAKING ABOUT "LITTLE JIMMY"?

Primo & Epico
The Uso's
Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks
Tyson Kidd & Trent Barretta
Kofi Kingston & R-Truth

Five right there. All of them are good wrestlers.

@[Draine] your signature is the best thing I've seen on this site.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Cloud said:
LOL at the underlined :)

And yeah I agree with ur statement that they need to step away from the above mentioned format of tag team wrestling.

Main reason I want changes is because I miss a decent tag division and feel it could help with bringing talent through.

Haha, happy to help! Not only do I agree with you, but I agree with Anxiety's post above. A tag division could be a great way to showcase talent, and having something involving it on SD every week (and Raw once HHH goes away) but we know WWE can't do it right.

Trivia question: Including the ones at least in storylines on NXT right now, how many tag-teams does WWE have right now? +1 rep for the first person to guess correctly.

And also, what were the tag names given to Dolph & Swagger by Vickie on Twitter, and the ones given to Kofi and Dolph by Little Jimmy (according to Stanford) on Superstars? +1 like for either of those.

Thanks, Anxiety! Not changing it any time soon. (Edit: Only a like for the tag names)

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wish I knew this.

:upset:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Anxiety said:
Didn't get my user rating from Draine. Going to file a scam report now.

He said like? Meaning ur post not user rating!

:p