Sweet Mother Of God NOOOOOOOOOO

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Okay, I agree, many wrestlers are remembered for moments and not things, but Taker isn't one of them. He's remember for something, for being undefeated at Mania.
I'm sorry but I don't see Dibiasi and Taker being able to put on an incredible enough match that it will completely overshadow him going whatever-and 0 and Mania. So what then would Taker be remembered for...the guy who won 17 years in a row at Mania and then lost to Ted fucking Dibiasi?

Airfixx

Cena to end the streak... Hold the title from WM to WM and then put over a young guy, big-style, at WM. Thus, Taker's streak isn't 'risked' on a new comer, Cena get's uber-heat and turns heel and a star is made the following year.

WM26 Taker v Jericho
WM27 Taker v Cena (c)
WM28 Cena (c) v Morrison/DiBiase/Rhodes/Punk

kingovkings

Reaction score
^Hmmm now that could work. Kill two birds with 1 stone, Perfect way to Turn Cena heel. And as you said no risk on a new comer. Thing is has Taker got that many Wm's in him. IMO i really dont think he has. From what Ive read today he may just get to next years. Apparently he is in a bad way and really suffering. That's why the match at BP was so short. But yeah if they could get and angle with Cena going in the time Taker has left then that maybe the way to go.

Airfixx

I wouldn't ask any more of Taker than a handfull more matches if I were WWE... Fuck SD & the houseshows - The wind-down to retirement should start here (Think how sad it a sight it would be to see Taker suffer a career ending injury on screen... i.e. The last we'd ever see of the deadman.)

Already suggested this in another thread, but here goes...

Have Taker go over Jericho @ WM26 in a "you cost me the title"/grudge fued, 'fake' his retirement @ 18-0 and take him off TV... THEN:

Gradually start the typical smoke, lights and gong shit around SSeries 2010,
Meanwhile Cena is busy dominating Raw, becoming #1 contender and winning the title in an EC at NWO 2011. Taker appears inside the chamber after the match to challenge Cena to a title vs retirement match... Cue JR screaming "The Undertaker is NOT dead!!!" blah. Cena accepts cos "it's the biggest challenge of my career and I will not back down..." blah.

Cena heels for the win @ WM27.

Key to making a star @ WM28 would be Cena being the unbeatable heel champ bwteen WM27 & 28. I'd say have the rumble winner jump brands having seen Cena see off all challenges on his own brand.

Evil Austin

I think Taker is going to be one of those guys that will be aroudn like Hogan / Flair and stay until WM 35+ He doesn't have to have a big yearly schedule like he had up until a few years ago and just come every January on the road to Wrestle Mania start a feud with someone and then have hte WM match with them and mystically dissapear again until next year recovering from injuries and such. It would make it even more special to see him every year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
NAH i dont like the concept of Taker going away all year just to come back every year to do WM spots that would suck balls. 1st it wouldn't be really that special if it was happening year in year out. IMO i think it would get old very quick. Plus if he only came back to jump into WM then there would hardly be a good build up Feud. And so every year Taker just appears and is slotted into storyline.

I like airfixx idea better and WWE could gain so much more out of it. Like Airfixx has said. It has Cena who is well established and could easily pull it off so it wouldn't be risky or wasted, and gives a great chance for a Cena heel turn as he would gain so much heat from it. Not only that from there it could build a foundation to build a new star that could get over well by using the rub off Cena. But no doubt they will screw it up tho =/

Airfixx

^^^Agreed about repeated one-off Taker appearances losing their 'special-ness'... Look no further than Foley.

Evil Austin

About Cena going Uber-heel as much as i would hate to say it Cena would only go average heel not the biggest heel in the business today because as much as i hate to say it but Cena gets near to or as much chants / fans as does Taker. Now I am not saying Cena is better or on Taker's level, I would be the last person to say that BUT with Cena's fans (80+% of them) being young market and wouldn't have known Taker in his prime in the mid 90's and are his loyal fans like we are. They would be happy to chose Cena > Taker or Cena over taker's streak because they wouldn't know how much it is worth.

What I am saying is Cena's heel turn wouldn't be as big as you think it would be because the people that cheer for Cena are mainly kids who don't know the Undertaker that well or were watching in his prime, so they wouldn't care what happens to him. If Cena put him away streak wise we the older audience would hate it and give him rioting heat but the kids would outnumber us and heck he may even stay a face and become a tweener type guy.

Airfixx

About Cena going Uber-heel as much as i would hate to say it Cena would only go average heel not the biggest heel in the business today because as much as i hate to say it but Cena gets near to or as much chants / fans as does Taker. Now I am not saying Cena is better or on Taker's level, I would be the last person to say that BUT with Cena's fans (80+% of them) being young market and wouldn't have known Taker in his prime in the mid 90's and are his loyal fans like we are. They would be happy to chose Cena > Taker or Cena over taker's streak because they wouldn't know how much it is worth.

What I am saying is Cena's heel turn wouldn't be as big as you think it would be because the people that cheer for Cena are mainly kids who don't know the Undertaker that well or were watching in his prime, so they wouldn't care what happens to him. If Cena put him away streak wise we the older audience would hate it and give him rioting heat but the kids would outnumber us and heck he may even stay a face and become a tweener type guy.

The idea of a heel turn is to change the fan’s perception of the character,

Granted no way of knowing for sure, but I’d expect that if Cena heels to beat Taker the majority of marks would react as WWE intends; i.e. Hating Cena, THE CHARACTER, for betraying their supporting his righteous path, whilst the majority of smarks will just hate Cena, THE WORKER, for it being him that ended the streak.

There were no guarantees when Hogan turned heel to join the NWO (Hogan said he was shitting himself as he made his way down to the ring as he knew it could all go tits up and he’d be left with nothing.).

MizMasta3000

I say bring back Rocky for one more match in three years to take on a heel Undertaker and end the streak

Wordlife

^As much as how bad I'd want that to happen, The Rock's ego is too big for his own brain and he will never come back... sadly :(

Airfixx

^^^Where the exactly does ego come into it?

I say bring back Rocky for one more match in three years to take on a heel Undertaker and end the streak

...and let Rock stroll off back to Hollywood with the biggest rub in modern wrestling history?

...Smart plan! :roll:

Wordlife

idk it just seems as if he's all for himself and his shit doesn't stink... he won't even come back to be a guest host cause theres people in bad terms he's with over at WWE cause he wanted things HIS way once he left and he didnt get em that way, and thats why his ego is so high because he wants everything done HIS OWN way

noumenon

I was at one point going to suggest the Cena idea as well. There a few problems with it though. Cena is obviously the company's top draw... do they really want to risk turning him heel and losing all of that merch and kid support? Therefore the person Cena was putting over would need to be a sure fire bet to be a mega star.