Swagger and Cesaro

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He's dogsh** on the stick, admit it bro. The cat's insane and entertaining as hell. The words out of his mouth sound like a motherf***ing motorcycle.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
How can someone who's entertaining on the mic be bad?
He isn't entertaining, he's an idiot. I say this with respect. Referring to someone as an idiot only means they are stupid.
I've written on this before but being entertaining in and of itself lacks substance. The Rock entertains monkeys, but its the same trash over and over each night.
Savage's promos left no lasting impressions or a perspective with any sort of insight. He landed commercials for a catchphrase, but even Booker T has a catchphrase.

The only pass Savage receives, in terms of mic work, is the time in which he performed. Mic work was very elementary back then. Nevertheless, Savage had trashy mic work.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah I'm confused by that too, for me personally I can watch Savage's promos even with no storyline background and feel invested in him. That's a great promo guy to me atleast

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So, back to the topic at hand.

I believe that Swagger will fade into low midcard status (aka jobberdom) once this feud is over with. Cesaro is another thing altogether... I believe that by Wrestlemania 31 he will be main event status.. the #2 babyface in the company behind Reigns. I can see him wearing the title around his waist sometime in the next year... I say by next year's Summerslam.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
So, back to the topic at hand.

I believe that Swagger will fade into low midcard status (aka jobberdom) once this feud is over with. Cesaro is another thing altogether... I believe that by Wrestlemania 31 he will be main event status.. the #2 babyface in the company behind Reigns. I can see him wearing the title around his waist sometime in the next year... I say by next year's Summerslam.

Reigns as top babyface? Where's Cena in this scenario? I don't see him being knocked off his pedestal next year, Bryan also. Cesaro should be a top babyface sure but that's too much too soon imo, a long MITB reign before a clean cash in for 2016 would work better for Cesaro imo.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Reigns as top babyface? Where's Cena in this scenario? I don't see him being knocked off his pedestal next year, Bryan also. Cesaro should be a top babyface sure but that's too much too soon imo, a long MITB reign before a clean cash in for 2016 would work better for Cesaro imo.

It's more than obvious that Reigns will be champion in 2015.. most likely at WM31.. making him the top babyface in the company. After losing to Brock later this month I see Cena starting his transition to retirement.. or making a heel turn (OMG yes I just said that!).. he's hinted at it several times.. telling the audience how displeased he is at their reactions to him. Look for him to start pushing that even more soon. In the meantime.. Cesaro will have a run at the title before next year.. but in Bryan fashion will lose.. several times.. making him an underdog and fan favorite. With Reigns winning a WM 31.. he'll have a nice 5 month reign and then drop it to whomever the top heel at that point will be.. whether Wyatt or whoever else.. and Cesaro will then movie into position to take the title.

As far as Bryan goes... IF he ever wrestles again.. and don't get me wrong, I like Bryan.. but I don't see him lasting in the main event scene past WM next year. I'm just looking at what should happen as the WWE is transitioned to new superstars leading the pack... it's about that time.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'd be incredibly surprised if anything changes with Cena,also having the title doesn't mean you're the top face remember Orton in 2010 whilst Cena was feuding with the Nexus? Or Punk for the first half of his reign? They were never the top face despite holding the title.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'd be incredibly surprised if anything changes with Cena,also having the title doesn't mean you're the top face remember Orton in 2010 whilst Cena was feuding with the Nexus? Or Punk for the first half of his reign? They were never the top face despite holding the title.

Very true. But it will surprise me if he's not the top babyface. I can't see anyone else being above him come next year.

Reactions: seabs

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I side with Seabs on this. Cena is just too Vince friendly and Reigns just isn't. The two will probably share the spotlight at the very least.
In case you weren't aware, Cena has said he wants to go well into his 60's. His words so please take it up with him.
As for Cena turning heel, they need a bankable superstar they can trust. So far, Rey was too small, Hardy is an drug addict, Punk quit and Daniel Bryan has a bum neck at age 33.
Reigns won't make the company the profit Cena does so they'll likely ride that horse till it falls.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
With how many injuries he's had I doubt Cena can go till he's 60 unless he seriously slows down soonish. That sounds very Cena PRish imo though what was the context?