Surprise for Slammiversary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA President Dixie Carter has posted the following on her Twitter account: "Got a nice surprise for Slammiversary."

My first reaction to reading this is that they have re-signed Christopher Daniels. Matt Morgan doesn't have a tag team partner for his shot at the tag team titles so I can see Daniels being added as his partner.

What is your guess?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Well they have scrapped that tag match all together and are going Morgan vs Hernandez. With that said it probably has something to do with a signing or TV announcement.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Disappointing that they scraped the tag team match, I am a fan of that format and would have prefered that to occur.

With regards to the surprise;

pwinsider said:
I reached out to TNA President Dixie Carter for clarification on the "TNA changes" comment that we've written about tonight. When asked about whether it would involve a creative change as we theorized earlier in the night, Carter responded none of the theories making the rounds were correct and the change was something on a much larger, grander scale. It was described to me as "true change."

While there is rampant discussion going on within the company about the situation (and we've heard a number of theories), the reality is no one in the company knows what Carter has up her sleeve as she hasn't disclosed it to anyone. Carter is holding all her cards extremely close to the vest, so no one knows what the true nature of what her tease is. While Carter made it clear this situation is not something specifically designed for Slammiversary (although she did tease a surprise for that PPV, which apparently is a different matter), all of this certainly does add a lot of intrigue and mystique to this Sunday's PPV.

Very interesting comments. The rumors I have heard that don't just relate to the PPV are Heyman or Sullivan coming in to TNA as head booker. Possibly a new show will be added since they are saying it will be a true change. TNA normally deliver on their surprises so they are really making this a PPV not to miss.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If Kevin Sullivan became the Booker, TNA would be dead within a month. The guy is a complete joke. This is the first I have heard of that and it is a terrible idea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Won't happen but that was one of the many rumors that I have read. It seems like it will be a very big surprise and adding another show to compliment IMPACT is still my guess. I have even read some people thinking that TNA is changing it's name!? I can't see that happening. Many interesting and odd guesses being made which is what TNA would want to happen.

rey619

Reaction score
I don't think it will be a wrestler debuting because there isn't too many names out there that are big enough to make a difference to their rankings unless of cause it is HBK lol. I think it's Heyman we haven't heard much about him lately and i think it would do TNA good to bring him in and try and give it a boot up the ass.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well there are meant to be two surprises now, one huge one for TNA and a smaller one which relates to Slammiversary. For Slammiversary I still see a wrestler returning. I would like to see Heyman return to wrestling whether it be as booker or manager it doesn't bother me, he is entertaining and it will be good to see him back if the big surprise is indeed him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't read on if you don't want to have Slammiversary spoiled.

The smaller surprise which was just for Slammiversary was Tommy Dreamer debuting in TNA. He came down the ramp during the Brother Ray/Jesse Neal match and did his pose before going into the crowd. I had forgotten about him, I remember once his 90 day clause was up everyone thought that he would be in TNA a month or two ago but since then he fell under the radar. Might this be the start of the ECW invasion that so many have wanted and have rumoured that would occur, the fans predictably gave him the good old E-C-Dub can't during the event and it will follow him wherever he goes.