Summerween Trivia Game!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
August 12th Question: What was the name of the man who tricked the Devil, and in doing so cursed his own self? Bonus point, if you can name what is named after him and why it is.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
August 12th Question: What was the name of the man who tricked the Devil, and in doing so cursed his own self? Bonus point, if you can name what is named after him and why it is.

Stingy Jack and the Jack O' Lantern was named after him and subsequently so was Jack Skellington, The former Pumpkin King and your predecessor.

Edit: Not sure why the Jack O'Lantern was named after him... never read that far into the legend.. I just remember reading it this past Halloween actually lol

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sounds like a Movie I watched couple yrs ago
[automerge]1565622161[/automerge]
I would say a mythical character associated with "All Hallows Eve"? I personally think the "Jack-O-Lantern"was derived from the character in Hallow's Eve

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Stingy Jack and the Jack O' Lantern was named after him and subsequently so was Jack Skellington, The former Pumpkin King and your predecessor.

Edit: Not sure why the Jack O'Lantern was named after him... never read that far into the legend.. I just remember reading it this past Halloween actually lol
You, good sir, are correct! Ole Stingy Jack was the man who fooled the Devil. The Jack O'Lantern is correct as well, so you get two points, good sir! As well, the Jack O'Lantern was named after him because he couldn't go to Heaven and he couldn't go to Hell, due to the Devil keeping his part of the bargain him and Jack made. So ole Jackie boy was cursed to walk on Earth with a ember in a Turnip, later a Pumpkin, warning others not to do what he did. That is why my dear good sir. So all be warned don't be like poor ole Jackie boy.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You, good sir, are correct! Ole Stingy Jack was the man who fooled the Devil. The Jack O'Lantern is correct as well, so you get two points, good sir! As well, the Jack O'Lantern was named after him because he couldn't go to Heaven and he couldn't go to Hell, due to the Devil keeping his part of the bargain him and Jack made. So ole Jackie boy was cursed to walk on Earth with a ember in a Turnip, later a Pumpkin, warning others not to do what he did. That is why my dear good sir. So all be warned don't be like poor ole Jackie boy.
Wow.... That is Very interesting. Was he part of some kind of legend? If so, I never heard of it.
-
Are u doing anything like this again for in October/Halloween?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
August 13th Question: What was the hotel room number in the movie The Shining? Bonus Point, if you can name the original room number from the book.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
August 13th Question: What was the hotel room number in the movie The Shining? Bonus Point, if you can name the original room number from the book.
237 and 217....can’t remember which one is which. XD

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
August 14th Question: Simply name all of the Universal Classic Horror monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.