SummerSlam Summerslam 2017: Kurt Angle vs. ???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
With no intention to get ahead of myself being this is still early June, the ongoing storyline on RAW involving Kurt Angle has been one of the main topics of discussion in the past couple of weeks and while they've yet to give us any new clues as to what might be the case, I think it should be a rather fair assumption this is leading to Kurt Angle eventually getting his attire ready for a match at the biggest party of the summer.

In regards to what the deal is exactly, all we have so far are quotes of Kurt Angle being a bad GM for RAW, an embaressment (?) to WWE (how funny is that, coming just a couple of months after he was inducted into the Hall of Fame) and Graves noting "he loves what Kurt Angle is doing as GM and wanted to give him a heads up about the situation" with Angle then responding that if the substance of the text message is true, it would ruin him. Oh, and there's of course that use of the word "besmirched", a not so common word used, more so on a text message.

Now, the topic of this discussion is not to solve the mystery but my feeling is this is eventually leading to a Kurt Angle match at Summerslam so the question I pose is simple: if so, who would he be facing? I'm pretty sure Vince is very keen on having Angle wrestle so to me it's more a matter of when and who, the "when" part being probably the easy one to call...

Granted, in order to name the opponent, you probably have to figure out the storyline so I guess we could take a stab at it.

Being that the substance of the text is based around Kurt's role as a GM, what immediately comes to mind, whether we like it or not, is none other than Stephanie McMahon. It's been one of the main rumors ever since this "story" broke and, quite frankly, it does appear to make a lot of sense that she would be behind the whole thing, setting up her return on TV. While it's only been just a few months, let's not forget that it was Vince himself the night after Wrestlemania that made the appearance on the show and named Kurt Angle new GM of RAW so that alone in my opinion is enough to kickstart the story. In other words, Stephanie can easily claim that she never hired Angle in the first place nor did she every approve of such a decision, something that obviously plays perfectly in her role as the eternal bitch (let's be real) she is, on TV anyway.

Assuming all this is true and Stephanie is indeed behind the whole thing, I guess the next assumption is that Triple H himself gets involved? And could this be setting up Kurt Angle versus Triple H? Or perhaps even Angle versus a Samoe Joe, if HHH chooses to have his destroyer do the dirty work for him?

I understand the authority angle has been overplayed throughout the years and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm fond of this idea but if indeed the case, I'd really like to read your opinions about it or any other ideas you may have so....bring it on fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solidus1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Angle and Joe had such wonderful matches back in the day. Kurt Angle gives me issues though. His health is so bad, but he still puts on amazing matches. The man is psychotic. My head tells me he needs to remain out of the ring. My heart wants to see him vs Brock Lesnar. Angle would put on an amazing match... but he might come out of it crippled.

My heart wants it. My head tells me NO :(

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Maybe since you said his Health isnt good enough, Maybe they should do a Retiring Match against Brock Lesner?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Maybe since you said his Health isnt good enough, Maybe they should do a Retiring Match against Brock Lesner?

It's weird how he has all those health issues... but he gets in the ring and it seems like he is completely fine. It's strange how he does it. But Angle vs Lesnar... would love it but I would want Angle to win.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It's weird how he has all those health issues... but he gets in the ring and it seems like he is completely fine. It's strange how he does it. But Angle vs Lesnar... would love it but I would want Angle to win.

He's prob just good at Hiding his symptoms.... Yeah, I'd want Angle to win too. How old is the guy anyways?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan?

Kurt Angle vs. The Miz?

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe?

Kurt Ange vs. No One because his time in the ring is done and that
spot on the card should be given to the younger or female talent?

I'm going to go with that last one.

I don't want to watch "Has-beens" wrestle...no matter how good
they were back in the day.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Kurt Angle's been attacking Enzo & Cass because he didn't like how they spelled soft and someone has video evidence of this.

On a less realest guys in the room note and a more real note, if Kurt Angle only has one match left in him I want it to be against Brock Lesnar. If for no other reason then they work wonders together (their Iron Man match is my third favorite match of all-time) and honestly, if it's against Kurt I think Lesnar would be motivated to more than just Suplex City. When he dropped the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, he hand-picked Kurt Angle to drop it too, so it's clear that there's a great deal of respect between the two. Lesnar was one of Angle's three guys that he'd want to wrestle in WWE, and I think the other two if I recall correctly were Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn. I'm pretty positive on Rollins, less so on Sami but that wouldn't be possible anyway. A Rollins/Angle match would be tight, and I'm sure Rollins would go over. I mostly just want the Lesnar bout, but considering last I saw Angle was still capable of putting on great matches, I wouldn't be opposed to a few more select bouts. If WWE would let Bryan vs. Angle happen that'd be great too. The Bryan match and the Lesnar match are the two main ones I want.

Reactions: Red Rain

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Like I mentioned, Maybe they should do a Match thats a Retirement match for Kurt?
I mean, Since Ya'll are saying he's not well enough to continue wrestling or being in the ring.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't want to watch "Has-beens" wrestle

Especially given the recent Goldberg experience, I can see why you would think this way but rest assured, Kurt Angle is on a whole different level....

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
His contract does not extend to in ring appearances in a wrestling capacity. Neither does Daniel Bryan's. The company policy is clear. One more concussion could kill them. Either of them. The same is true of Edge. All of the people wishing for one more match are literally begging them both to risk their lives for a couple of minutes of entertainment.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The company could potentially keep Kurt, except retire his Wrestling boots and days and hv Him finish the rest of his career "Safely" doing something behind Stage Maybe?