Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Good Will Hunting (1997)

First time seeing this actually and it was very enjoyable. I kinda' knew what to expect going into it, so I wasn't just blown away or anything but the two hours went by so fast. Absolutely amazing acting the whole way through, especially from Robin Williams and Matt Damon. Really loved the ending, no swerves or anything and I love a movie that can have the cliche happy ending and you like it instead of wishing something else happened.

10/10

This is actually one I need to re-watch because I just didn't see what the appeal was. At the time Demon was a really bland actor and it just felt like pretty clichéd Oscar bait.

The Conjuring (2013) 6.5/10
The story is very predictable and it relies too much on the one minute its quiet the next CRASH BANG WHOOPA! form of scare tactics and the end is silly. However I was more into the story than I would have been because of a great cast, and there was just about enough truly creepy moments to make it worth while.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

Man this was a lot of fun and the acting was great. I've always love Paul Newman in everything (fuckin' Doc Hudson) and he was amazing here along with Redford. The part where they almost got caught in the mountains was fucking awesome and then when they went to Bolivia, it was even better. Trying to rob a Spanish-speaking bank :lmao

8.5/10

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Conjuring (2013) 6.5/10
The story is very predictable and it relies too much on the one minute its quiet the next CRASH BANG WHOOPA! form of scare tactics and the end is silly. However I was more into the story than I would have been because of a great cast, and there was just about enough truly creepy moments to make it worth while.

I just watched this myself and the movie is a pretty big mess. I mean from each scare to the next, it was just random. Some of the scenes were unique while others just got old fast. I don't know how many times I had to see them run to a door just so it would close and WOULDN'T OPEN AGAIN. That was pretty fuckin' constant and annoying. Could have easily been more creative with most of those scenes. The movie was also essentially Amityville Horror except instead of the Father being possessed and tryin' to cause murders it was the Mother. And the ending was trash, it was just like thrown together and felt very anticlimactic. Of course it could have just be written better... Still, I will agree that the actin' was alright but as a Horror fan, I'll take a crappy cheesy one over something like this any day after watching it.

5/10

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Sadly much of you described is what passes as scary for the modern day masses. It was very predictable but then that maybe considered a good thing for the core audience. Overall there was enough there to make it a passible horror for me, but I agree with much of what you said too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Trainspotting (1996)

Pretty entertaining film, reminded me a lot of Requiem For a Dream due to the drug stuff and fuck did it succeed in making me never want to try heroin (because I definitely have these thoughts). Ewan McGregor was pretty awesome him, everyone else was pretty much supporting characters, and I didn't care about them much at all because they really just wasn't that important. I didn't care for the ending at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it and thought it was kinda' hilarious how easy it was for him.

8/10

AF.

Reaction score
Iron Man

First time watching any Iron Man movie and I was impressed. The movie flowed well and RDJ's character was superb. I may get stuck into Iron Man 2 tonight although I've heard it isn't all that good.

7.5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
From Up On Poppy Hill (2013) 6.5/10
The latest from Studio Ghibli and from Miyazaki's son Goro. The story is set in Japan in the lead up to the 1964 Olympics and is about a relationship which develops between a couple of teenagers who are both involved in demonstrations concerning the future of a Yokohama school clubhouse. The story didn't grab me like classic Ghibli has, and maybe is more aimed at a teenage audience, also unless you know much about the politics of the era you may struggle to get into it, but it is still a lovely film, with tender moments and interesting characters, along with a very moving soundtrack. Its a slow starter but well worth seeing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jaws (1975)

It's been forever since I've seen this and it's still fucking awesome, thought not as scary as I remember from when I was like 8. The last 30 minutes or so were great once we finally get to see the shark and how fucking huge it is. The main 3 characters were great, especially loved Dreyfuss's acting in this. Best part's still the music though.

9/10

AF.

Reaction score
Batman Begins

Still as great as I remember. A fitting way to kick off one of the best trilogies of all time. I like that this movie focuses on Bruce Wayne more than any other, and Bale's acting is superb.

9/10

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Liked this better than the FotR. Felt like a truly epic film and the battle sequences are amazing, in particular the final Helms Deep battle.

9.25/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Night of the Hunter (1955)

Old thriller that was a very entertaining 93 minutes. Felt Hitchcock-esque with some of the camera shots and the music was very reminiscent of psycho actually. Absolutely loved Robert Mitchum's character, the false religious guy made for a great villain because everyone else liked him except for the people who knew the real him. Solid suspense all the way through, no long dialogue scenes like a lot of older films had, really felt like a modern thriller.

8/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Greatest (2009) 6/10

A very heavy handed and overly sentimental drama about a young girl who loses her boyfriend not long after they have had se for the first time. Later she shows up at his parents place to tell them she is pregnant and begins to become part of the family which doesn't sit very well with the mother who is struggling to come to terms with the loss. It is one of those cases where an excellent cast including Cary Mulligan and Susan Sarandon make it a much more interesting and powerful film than it otherwise would have been.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Elysium
Always going to get comparisons to District 9 but I still think there was a lot differences between the two. It's hard to come across good Sci Fi these days but this one just did it for me. It had an engaging story, good action sequences, and great stuff from Sharlto Copley as well. Really enjoyable film. 8/10

The Breakfast Club
Didn't quite live up to my expectations in the end. I felt it was a bit inconsistent the whole way through. The relationship between all the characters never seemed to click, and their constant mood swings with one another got to be a bit frustrating. But, I did still really like the concept, and despite those inconsistencies it has the emotion baggage to carry it through. Also, It's hard to not love the Simple Minds ending. 7/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Truman Show (1998)

Been a couple years since I've seen this, but it was still fucking awesome. The concept is one of my favorites of all time and Jim Carey was phenomenal here. The rest of the acting kinda' sucked but it was supposed to because it was actors playing actors, even with fake credits at the beginning and everything. The best part is still the end whenever he just runs into the sky and breaks it :lmao

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Fountain (2006) 6/10

Finally got round to seeing this and would say its Aronofsky's easily. It was a mess of ideas which I didn't mind so much, but to me I just found the characters cold and didn't think Hugh Jackman was very convincing in his role. It is stunning to look at and has some good ideas but to me it didn't add up to much and was a bit tedious.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) 8/10

More than matched the first film, the creature effects are great, the action scenes exciting and the characters and performances have depth, not to mention there is plenty of good comedy which stops the film from dragging in places.

They Live By Night (1940) 9/10

This was Nicholas Ray's debut film and is a classic film noir. What makes it different from traditional film noir is that it is more focused on the relationship between the lovers so you get to know their characters which kind of makes the ending all the more tragic. Very well acted and moving.

AF.

Reaction score
Iron Man 2 - liked it a lot. Not quite as good as the first but a worthy sequel nevertheless. Thought they could have done more with Mickey Rourke's character, though the trilogy never had a huge emphasis on the bad guys as they did with Tony Stark. Final act could have been a little better I thought also. 7/10

Iron Man 3 - didn't really enjoy this. I was willing myself along to get through it. Felt like a chore watching this. Wasn't a fan of the storyline, thought the script sucked. Tony Stark's home gets destroyed, so instead of building a new home or base he ends up in a child's garage. I thought it was silly considering Stark is a billionaire. Final act was decent, but not enough to redeem how boring the first 2/3's of the movie was. 5.5/10