Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
BL is defintantly one of my favourite Coens film.

No Country for Old Men by a long while. I didn't like True Grit either and a couple things about NCFOM bothered me (despite being an amazing flick). I guess I'm not a fan of the Coen directors.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ NCFOM is my favourite of their films too it is pretty much perfect. Very rarely do they make a bad film and I would rate Lebowski as another masterpiece. Have you seen it just once? I ask as I think it took me a couple of viewings to really get into it.

AF.

Reaction score
Yeah first time watching it.

Django Unchained

Uhh, wow? This is unlike anything I've ever watched. The movie is so versatile. One minute you are witnessing utter violence and chaos, the next you are watching a long, tense scene that has no action but is purely dialog, and then you are watching something hilariously funny, visually beautiful and it just goes round and round for a great 3 hour flick. At times I was bored (which is understandable in a 3 hour movie), but when I wasn't, I truly wasn't. The story evolves and evolves and introduces awesome characters after another. Samuel L Jackson takes the cake in this one. Fucking hilarious. Tarantino, I love you.

9/10

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
My favorite movie of the Coen's was Fargo, followed by Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men.

Oh and I'd definitely add 'A Serious Man' to that. No Country for Old Men beats it, but only barely.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
My favorite movie of the Coen's was Fargo, followed by Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men.

Oh and I'd definitely add 'A Serious Man' to that. No Country for Old Men beats it, but only barely.

Good call that one think it is one of their more underated films, but I really liked it too. My other favourites are Blood Simple, Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing. The Man Who Wasn't There Is another under valued gem of theirs.

AF.

Reaction score
Did anybody else find True Grit bad? I couldn't even finish watching it it was so bad. Couldn't understand what Bridges was saying and the movie was a total bore.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Did anybody else find True Grit bad? I couldn't even finish watching it it was so bad. Couldn't understand what Bridges was saying and the movie was a total bore.

No I enjoyed it, good old fashioned entertaing flick, with proper characters. Didn't matter about Bridges mumbling, that was part of the enjoyment of his character for me. The young girl was very good in it too.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The Place Beyond The Pines
Fantastic film. I really didn't expect the film to be layed out in the way that it was, but I think knowing very little about the overall story made it that much more enjoyable to watch. Great performances from Gosling, Cooper and Mendelsohn especially, but the rest of the supporting job do a very good job as well. The pace to the film is perfect, and despite the fact that it's 140 mins long it really doesn't drag on. Some tiny question marks on how they handled the end of the film, that that really doesn't take a whole lot away from it overall. 9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Place Beyond The Pines
Fantastic film. I really didn't expect the film to be layed out in the way that it was, but I think knowing very little about the overall story made it that much more enjoyable to watch. Great performances from Gosling, Cooper and Mendelsohn especially, but the rest of the supporting job do a very good job as well. The pace to the film is perfect, and despite the fact that it's 140 mins long it really doesn't drag on. Some tiny question marks on how they handled the end of the film, that that really doesn't take a whole lot away from it overall. 9/10

Look forward to that due to the cast and your review. So is it being released in Ireland before England then, because I haven't heard of it?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Arctic Blast (2010)

Summary: Oh look, a giant freezing cloud of gaseous SHIT! *dies*

2/10

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Alien

Summary: What the hell was that thing that jumped out of Bob's stomach? Oh well, it'll turn up.

*dies*

7/10

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Aliens

Summary: So one of these things killed your entire crew? DUDE! LET'S TOTALLY GO BACK THERE!

*dies* *dies* *dies* *dies* *dies* *dies* *dies* *dies*

9/10

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Alien 3

Summary: Missed one!

*dies*

5/10

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Alien: Resurrection

Summary: So you killed off our hero to end the story? THE AGE OF CLONING SAYS "FUCK YOU!"

*dies*

4/10

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Prometheus

Summary: Alright, let's start over and try that again...

*dies*

6/10

Last edited: