Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Amazing Spiderman.

What a good film! Seriously, I can't say enough good things about it. Really liked how they made Parker into some emo loner dude. The Lizard was an excellent choice as the first film in this obvious franchise. I went into this film with somewhat low expectations. But I was very surprised. The acting was superb on Andrew Garfield's part. Emma Stone is always hot. I don't want to say anymore without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it. But it made me a bigger Spiderman mark.

9/10

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Iron Sky

I liked the premise behind it; Alien Invasion movie but instead of aliens its Nazi's that have been hiding on the moon since the 40s. It starts off well enough but soon becomes the typical tired alien (nazi) falls for an earthling and helps to take down the society that she was raised in. Theres some good comedy moments though but also inconsistencies like the macho ideals the Nazi's have butt hen on earth the new Hitler has no problems working with a female USA president for some reason.

6/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Battleship

Fun movie full of explosions. They kind of brought the board game element to it. But it honestly could have been better. It was a good flick though. The cast seemed to work decently together. I am not a fan of Rihanna acting in it though. Could have done without that. Otherwise it was a good movie.

7/10

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.

As a movie 7.5/10

As a Transformers movie 5/10

The reason I've given it two ratings is because as a stand alone movie it was good, but as a Transformers movie it wasn't that good. Bay actually did a half decent job at putting some structure behind his explosions rather than just having explosions for the hell of it. The end of the world element was well done done, the chaos of Chicago and mankind being turned into slaves was really gotten across. Megan Fox's blonde replacement looked hot enough (though she never had any Daaamn moments in the film like Megan did) As always the CGI looked top notch, the sinister 'truth' behind the space race was a nice touch as well.

But as a Transformers movie where the Transformers themselves should be the focus they felt more secondary than they should have. Shia's character took precedence in his struggles to find fulfillment and bang another hottie. And the doomsday element while a Deceptacon plan seemed to over shadow them as well. It was a battle for earth with a few random transformers thrown in and my biggest gripe with the movie and the whole series is how pathetic Megatron becomes with each successive film. In the first movie he was badass and almost tookover earth if it wasn't for the all spark. In the second movie his 'master' was the focus and Megatron was merely an annoyance that was easily dispatched at the end. And in this movie he hid in the desert, chatted with the traitor Prime and then was killed by a one armed Optimus more easily than any other Transformer in any of the 3 movies. It seems likely that in the fourth film he'll be killed by a butterfly or something with how weak he is now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Moonrise Kingdom

I don't really know what to say about this.... Usually Wes Anderson hits on all levels for me, but this movie just left me wondering what exactly it was I just watched. Bruce Willis and Ed Norton are both pretty good playing the dimwitted Police officer and Scout leader and of course Bill Murray delivers as he always does. I am a HUGE Frances Mcdormand fan so I was disappointed by how small a role she played. After films like The Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, and of course Rushmore... i guess I was just expecting more. It wasn't bad it just wasn't nearly as good as these other three

5-5.5/10

I liked it was a big fan of Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore and this was a return to the charm of those films, good cast and funny throughtout. His best in awhile imo.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I liked it was a big fan of Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore and this was a return to the charm of those films, good cast and funny throughtout. His best in awhile imo.

I don't know, I definitely was chuckling quite a bit but not at the level of the other films I mentioned... I've never seen the Fantastic Mr Fox or The Darjeeling Limited so I can't rate them but I would put Moonrise 4th behind 1. Rushmore 2. The Life Aquatic and 3. The Royal Tenenbaums which isn't a bad place to be considering how much I like the other 3

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't know, I definitely was chuckling quite a bit but not at the level of the other films I mentioned... I've never seen the Fantastic Mr Fox or The Darjeeling Limited so I can't rate them but I would put Moonrise 4th behind 1. Rushmore 2. The Life Aquatic and 3. The Royal Tenenbaums which isn't a bad place to be considering how much I like the other 3

Fair enough. I did start to go off Anderson after RT, the likes of Darjeerling and Life Aquatic just felt too smug for me and lacking in story. This was my favourite in awhile if not as good as the early films.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Men in Black 3

I thought this a great flick. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are back, and in my opinion better than ever. I hate spoiling stuff, so I'll refrain from talking about the story itself. Josh Brolin plays a young K, and does he ever do an excellent job! Any fan of MIB will definitely like this flick. Acting is good, and corny at times. The one thing I didn't like about it really was the lack of true backstory for some characters. They did a pretty piss poor job introducing the main villain. But the main villain was still pretty awesome. Seriously though guys, if you liked 1 and 2, check this film out.

8/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Skyfall: You know for a movie that has been so hyped, I was actually looking forward to watching this film, it started out pretty good, a nice action sewuence to begin with, but then the story started getting convoluted to hell and it started getting boring. I almost fell asleep atleast 3 times over the course fo this film. Jarvier Bardem wasn't exactly Bloefeld here and the ending was lame, especially the big showdown between Bond and Bardem(sounds like an NXT name). And the twist death scene was memorable, but it didn't save what was in my opinion a very lackluster installment in this long franchise.

4/10

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Okay, what was the last movie I watched? Let me check my Netflix real quick.

Rubber.

It's a hilarious Horror movie about a killer tire. Seriously. People are watching from a remote part of the desert. I think it was because tire was supposed to just be apart of a movie. These people weren't allowed to eat for like 2 days then were killed off with some poisonus turkey. Yeah that part of the movie isn't great. The tire also didn't run people over to kill them. He had psychological powers that made them explode. My favorite part was the end when the tire got an army of trikes. It was one of the best endings I've ever seen. Well maybe not really but I found it pretty damn funny.

7/10.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Okay, what was the last movie I watched? Let me check my Netflix real quick.

Rubber.

It's a hilarious Horror movie about a killer tire. Seriously. People are watching from a remote part of the desert. I think it was because tire was supposed to just be apart of a movie. These people weren't allowed to eat for like 2 days then were killed off with some poisonus turkey. Yeah that part of the movie isn't great. The tire also didn't run people over to kill them. He had psychological powers that made them explode. My favorite part was the end when the tire got an army of trikes. It was one of the best endings I've ever seen. Well maybe not really but I found it pretty damn funny.

7/10.

Sounds like that Tire is deserving of an oscar!

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Attack of The Puppet People.

I really like the original Puppet Master but this movie was much different and even older. The Puppet People weren't even puppets either they were just people shrunk down by some crazy scientist because he's incredibly lonely. I really thought I was going to see Puppets attacking innocent people. It still wasn't really all that bad of a movie. It's probably too slow developing for most folks' attention spans on this site especially since the Puppet People don't even attack anyone. They just end up escaping after the Police get involved in a number of missing person reports.

6.5/10

After that I watched Witness To Jonestown but that is a documentary. I'm not going to review but if you are interested in the tragedy that happened in Jonestown in 1978 you should give it a look.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Attack of The Puppet People.

I really like the original Puppet Master but this movie was much different and even older. The Puppet People weren't even puppets either they were just people shrunk down by some crazy scientist because he's incredibly lonely. I really though I was going to see Puppets attacking innocent people. It still wasn't really all that bad of a movie. It's probably too slow developing for most folks' attention spans on this site especially since the Puppet People don't even attack anyone. They just end up escaping after the Police get involved in a number of missing person reports.

6.5/10

After that I watched Witness To Jonestown but that is a documentary. I'm not going to review but if you are interested in the tragedy that happened in Jonestown in 1978 you should give it a look.

Hey documentary has become one of the fastest growing medium's in cinema and are now considered films in their own right which is something I approve off. Anyway think I will give that a look.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The Crow

8.5/10

Brilliant movie with an unintentional touch of sadness with Brandon Lee dying during filming of it. Throughout the movie cant help but feel like this was his breakthrough, star making, stepping out of his dads humongous shadow performance. I like the concept and its one of my favourite comic book movies.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Hey documentary has become one of the fastest growing medium's in cinema and are now considered films in their own right which is something I approve off. Anyway think I will give that a look.

I think I would have to go through a different process to rate documentaries is all.