Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy

Vin Diesel was given a role he couldn't fuck up, Batista proved some acting chops, Zoe Saldanna kicked some ass and looked good doing it, Chris Pratt really surprised me, and Bradley Cooper stole the show. Loved all the little cameos from Lloyd Kaufman, to Nathan Fillion and Josh Brolin.as Thanos. Howard The Duck being included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, introductions to the Kree race, Nova Corps.(space cops), The Celestials, and an explanation on what these Infinity Gems are that people have been talking about since The Gauntlet was shown in Thor. All this seemed to mesh well while trying to tell the origins of 5 characters(mind you some are more developed than others), and delivered in a more comedic style than most super hero movies(except Super).

Not as good as Avengers, but the best movie Marvel/Disney have done asides from Avengers I have seen(havnt seen Cap: Winter Soldier)

9/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Guardians of the Galaxy

Vin Diesel was given a role he couldn't fuck up, Batista proved some acting chops, Zoe Saldanna kicked some ass and looked good doing it, Chris Pratt really surprised me, and Bradley Cooper stole the show. Loved all the little cameos from Lloyd Kaufman, to Nathan Fillion and Josh Brolin.as Thanos. Howard The Duck being included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, introductions to the Kree race, Nova Corps.(space cops), The Celestials, and an explanation on what these Infinity Gems are that people have been talking about since The Gauntlet was shown in Thor. All this seemed to mesh well while trying to tell the origins of 5 characters(mind you some are more developed than others), and delivered in a more comedic style than most super hero movies(except Super).

Not as good as Avengers, but the best movie Marvel/Disney have done asides from Avengers I have seen(havnt seen Cap: Winter Soldier)

9/10

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it." :TI:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
DragoBall Z: Battle of the Gods

It's DragonBall Z... its not bad... but its...well... I dunno. its DragonBall Z.

7/10

Oculus

This was twisted. A lil slow to start but its aight. It jumps between present time and 11 years ago but it makes sense and it helps explains parts while partof it has to do with the actual premise of the movie. I will say if you don't really pay too close attention you could get a little confused. But overall... I'd say it was a lot better than expected. Not a horror movie that relies on gore... barely any killing. Doesn't rely on language... probably like 5 curse words the entire movie. It's different than the "horror" that has been coming out lately. Doesn't rely on the cheap typical "play loud sudden noise when something pops up." I enjoyed it. And I think that its different really helps. Not a smart horror but it isn't a dumbed down one. You do have to do a little thinking in it. Parts of it you may be able to predict like I kinda saw what was going to happen in the end... but yeah... it was nice.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy

9/10

Am seeing this tomorrow, and very much looking forward to it because of the director based on the cast, trailers/reviews and because Gunn has impressed me so far and should bring something different to it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Am seeing this tomorrow, and very much looking forward to it because of the director based on the cast, trailers/reviews and because Gunn has impressed me so far and should bring something different to it.

Only negative I have about the movie was that I seen it in 3D, expecting some really good space backdrops, but asides from the nebula(not the character) is was rather underwhelming. If you can save a couple bucks and see it in 2D, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
3D is just a waste of money all around....unless it's something that a director actually shoots for like Cameron.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My views on 3D are that I just don't feel like paying the extra money (even if it's just a few bucks) for something that I don't find any better than 2D. I don't have a problem watching a movie in 3D at all like some people seem to. I know people that won't even see a movie at all, even if they aren't paying, if it's in 3D. I just don't want to spend the extra money for it, mainly because I'm a cheap bastard. Oh and the theater I go to has shitty 3D anyway, but this argument would stand even if it didn't.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Only other movie I saw in 3D was Man of Steel, and the effects in that movie looked great. Was expecting more of the same, but was let down on that end. Sure as hell not spending the extra for TMNT next week.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am in full agreement with you guys on 3D. Apart from the odd the movie it really doesn't add anything, and can even cheapen the experience. Luckily I will be seeing GOTG in 2D.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Really fast paced and slick comic film, which was a refreshing change of pace from the recent offerings. It is made by someone who understands the inner workings of the genre, and the knowing script is very funny with some brilliant one liners and gags. Chris Pratt is a really charming, and funny lead, and the casting is pretty much spot on throughout. The music is also really bad arse. Along with the Lego Movie is my favourite blockbuster of the year, assuming that 12 Years a Slave doesn't count as a blockbuster.

8/10

The Golden Dream (2014)

Engaging, and thought provoking coming of age tale following the lives of three teenagers as they travel across Mexico working various slave related jobs attempting to escape to LA in order to live better lives. The film is beautifully shot with effective music, and the three leads all give subtle and convincing performances. Also the darker moments later in the film are really well handed, and shocking. A film which really makes you think.

9/10

God Help the Girl (2014)

Debut film from the Stuart Murdoch lead singer of Belle & Sebastian (one of my favourite bands). Its a musical with a gritty social realism edge to it, but is really brought to life by some dreamy, magically set pieces and songs. In fact those are the best moments. The film starts off quite promising, but then drags for a long time in the middle, and I didn't always care or believe in the characters, the lead girl did get a bit annoying in places too. However, the final half of the film did have some effective drama, the music was used to advance the plot quite nicely, the performances were also solid. Hit and miss, but not bad for a debut.

6/10

Girl Most Likely (2012)

Dark comedy with Kristian Wiig once again excellent in the lead, she works nicely with the other cast which include Annette Bening and Bob Balban. The comedy moments work the best, with some of dramatic bits not quite hitting, and the script wonders about a bit. But it is still an oddly funny film, with some fine performances, and sharp observations.

7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Freeway (1996)

Early role for Reese Witherspoon in this violent, surreal cult film. She really gives it all she has, she is very raw in the part. The film is perfect cult viewing, it has a trashy, off-kilter feel to the visuals, but it also has a twisted edge, and a sharply black sense of humor. Danny Elfman's score is one of his best ever also.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Die For (2014)

Was a big fan of the first film, but this was a big let down. The story and characters just weren't as strong or interesting, and it never had the same darkness or satire. Plus JGL was a bit bland in it, and unlike the first film it did feel really sexist.

6/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Badass 2: Badasses

Danny Trejo returns to the role of Frank Vega, internet sensation. This time teaming up with Danny Glover. I will say its not as great as the first, it reused the same plot points, but Glover brings a strong comedic value to the film that keeps it enjoyable throughout.

7/10

Captain Canuck: Fool's Gold

This was a webseries released on http://www.captaincanuck.com/web-series/ for free, featuring Kris Holden-Ried & Paul Amos of Lost Girl, Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black, and Laura Vandervoort of Smallville, along with some very Canadian cameos, including Rush. This was the most enjoyable half hour watching tv in recent memory, the animation is not the best in the world, but the humour and out right corniness of the whole story is amazing. If you are a fan of superheroes, and looking to kill 30 minutes, I would suggest checking this out.

6/10(it lost points because I paid for the DVD, and it could have been longer for that price)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lucy (2014)

Johalsson is a very good lead in this slick, and a effect action Sci-Fi from nutty Luc Bession his best in a while. Visually it was fun, the setpieces were good, but I did switch off everytime Morgan Freeman appeared doing one of his worthy speeches. The ending was a bit naff too.

7/10

Night of the Demon (1957)

Classic British horror/thriller, with some nice performances, fun dialouges and good direction. The interaction between the characters and the tension is what held my attention.

9/10

Rio Bravo (1958)

A more self-aware Western, with the focus more on the characters, its really entertaining throughout and does a good job of taking the piss out of the serous side of the genre and of men. It is perfectly shot, and casted.

10/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Female Agents (2008)

Was expecting a slick thriller with star power, but not much depth from this true life story of undercover French agents involved in a plot against the Nazis during the war. But it was more of a gritty thriller, with believable characters, some disturbing moments, and wonderful acting. It was really stylish also, with good period detail.

7.5/10

A Most Wanted Man (2014)

The final leading role for the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman who once again casts a comanding shadow on screen, and actually does a pretty fine German accent too. This is a good old school thriller, filled with a cold paranoina, and steeped in cigarette smoke. The story is really smart, and touches on some very real tensions. As a thriller there are some fine twists, and it slowly builds in an effective way. Hoffman is once again note perfect making scruffy, but nasty look like an art form. From an acting point of view it is his film, however the likes of Rachal McAdams (also doing a strong German), Williem Defoe, and Robin Wright lend cracking support. My only real issue with the film was the range of different accents (some English speakers doing foriegn) did jar at times and meant that it took a bit of getting into the flow of the film for me.

8/10