Suggestion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Probably the 'Random WWE Discussion' thread if it's WWE related and worthwhile posting but just not thread worthy.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If it's spam why not make a thread in Word Games. And call it "random wrestling stuff"

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Can't we have two different threads for this [video]http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t24128/[/video]? Since we don't have official TNA discussion threads for Impacts anymore and people just use the spoiler threads. I can't even go into the thread to post my thoughts on this week's show because it will spoil next week for me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It may happen again in the near future although it has been very nice not having all the drama on the forum. If we do decide to bring one back keep an eye out for an announcement in this section.

Reaction score
Will negative reputation ever return? I mean, a message needs to be sent that a post is bad.

Also, would you ever consider having a 'fantasy' wrestling game happen here?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No. If you don't like a post, either debate it or ignore it. Keep the childish red-repping on WF where it belongs.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah I still don't see the point of neg rep and I don't think I ever will. Reward a good post with rep or a like and with bad posts either ignore them or discuss their point of view instead.

What is a fantasy wrestling game? Is that where people pick wrestlers and they get points for a win, PPV appearance, etc.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Just sayin'....if not red rep, why not have a system where multiple dislikes makes the post disappear from public view (and have that post be hidden unless the reader clicks on a button, like the system on Reddit)

For instance, they have a system where multiple likes pushes the post to the top of the page and multiple dislikes makes the post "hide" from public view. I know the reshuffling of the post's order is not possible nor is it appropriate for a forum, but why not have the "make this post disappear" system in case the post is very irrelevant and/or abusive.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just fail to see the need for a negative system like that, I just don't see how it improves the "forum experience". It can just be abused so easily and causes more drama than it is worth imo.

If posts break the rules members should report them and then staff will deal with it ASAP and remove it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
It can just be abused so easily and causes more drama than it is worth imo.

Yeah...I understand your point.

Nevermind.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
What is a fantasy wrestling game? Is that where people pick wrestlers and they get points for a win, PPV appearance, etc.

I use to run something like that on the old iwf/awf forum. In its most basic layout each player had a roster of 5, points were awarded for, wins & titles won. The amount of points won varied based on the type of match or the level of title won. Bonus point systems were set up to earn points for stuff like being a special guest ref, winning the royal rumble match itself could also net you a bonus if it was done from #1 or #2

When I have run them I like to go for the whole year starting with the raw after wm being the first event, and wrestlemania being the final event. The biggest issue was getting people to successfully make trades. I had some thoughts on how to keep it a little more interesting should I try to run it again that would make it a little more fair for the guys at the bottom who can't convince anyone to trade with them.

I used to run this on my own website prior to bringing it to iwf, ran for 4 years on the website. Ran 2 full years on iwf as well. I tried doing 2 more seasons afterwords but unfortunately never finished either season due to personal issues. I'm not against trying again if its something people are interested on here trying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.