Suggestion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puertorique

Reaction score
I saw a MMA forum on here so why not a boxing forum and also a ROH forum that wouldn't be related to a Independent board, ROH has produced quite a few people like Desmond Wolf, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and hosted Matt Hardy for a while and they have a nice group of performers there now like Tyler Black, Colt Cabana, Austin Aries, etc.. They have a nice claim to the third company on TV on the HDTV network . It may help get more people involved. Just a suggestion.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for the suggestions. To start with we are looking to have a minimal amount of forums and once certain areas get very busy then we will create more if the demand is high enough. With MMA we think that there will be a big enough demand right away to warrant it's own forum. Boxing threads can go in the Sports section for now. With ROH, we rarely have enough discussion on it and if it had it's own forum then it would be quite empty. For now post in the Independent board and if there is enough activity a forum will be created for it.

rey619

Reaction score
Is their any chance that for the wwe section that we could have sub sections for the shows?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is their any chance that for the wwe section that we could have sub sections for the shows?

Again like before, at the moment activity doesn't warrant sub-sections for each brand. Once activity picks up then we will move to split up the WWE section up to make it much tidier.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Hey again, I just think it's me because my Google Chrome has be messing up but every time I go on this site I need to log in? Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem? If there was a remember me button that would be best to install if it hasn't already.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There is a Remember Me button just underneath where you enter in your username and password when you log in. Click that next time you log in and see if that works.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I have just found it when I logged back in lol. It was hidden in the google search bar which you might want to move it I don't know :p

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Basically, this thread is meant to be a suggestion thread where you can suggest something that can help the forum get more members. Anything can be suggested such as new sub-sections, how to get more members, things that can be added onto the forum if they are available. Anything really, go on, don't be shy.....

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'd suggest certain plugins such as 'members who have logged on during the past 24 hours' and the arcade plugin too.

But yeah, site is looking good, not really much else I can suggest on that side of things. The only real suggestions I can make are ones which generate traffic for the site, will share them if anybody is interested in hearing. :p

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am willing to listen to all ideas.

I am not very technical, that was more JR Price's side of things, but I will look into adding some more features to the forum.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I've stuck this thread so that it can be an all purpose suggestion thread.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
my suggestion would be to let people who aren't staff be able to post in the news threads. That's a huge thing that needs correcting as soon as possible. kthx

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Do you mean News and Information or the WWE and TNA News sections?

For the WWE and TNA news sections it is simply there as a convenience for members so that they can get the latest news right here on the forum. Threads are closed because there are specific sections for that discussion to go in and if people see a news item they like they can create a thread in the correct section.

Members should be able to reply to threads in News and Information.

Killz

Reaction score
What about member awards? Sure, it'd be a little low on the ground at the moment but even just Member of the Month, Staffer of the Month, Wrestling poster and non-wrestling poster would be an extra incentive to post and you could totally brag all about the forum ;)

I was just inspired by the new, totally awesome, boxes down the side of the main page with sig of the week etc

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. ;)

Awards are on the way. Currently, we're awaiting some details which will allow us access to a bunch of resources that we're currently missing, and the awards add-on is one of them. Once we have that, which should hopefully be in the next day or two, we'll have awards as well as some other new stuff.

Think we're just going with member of the month for now, but we'll definitely add more as time goes by and the forum becomes more established.

Thanks for the suggestion by the way, we appreciate all ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.