Striking Distance Fallout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
ACWDirtSheet.com said:
ACW Striking Distance Fallout
-Management was supposedly very impressed with Donnie Trix in his opening. They’re hoping to see big things from the guy in the future.
-The reason behind Andrew Sander’s surprise debut seems to be that management wants to boost the new Predator division using the ‘Hardcore Legend’s’ name.
-Word backstage is that the announcement of the Predator Title fell flat. This likely means major focus on the Predator division (specifically contenders Avalanche, Dr. Frank Urwhich, & Toyota Chelios) over the next month.
-Clement losing to Avalanche shocked some people backstage, but rumblings backstage suggest that it has something to do with Clement being taken in a potential different direction.
-The international four way was said to be highly disappointing with two no shows and Summers seeming uninterested. Minutes before the match, it was still expected to be a one-on-one between Summers and Asterisk, but at the last minute, officials decided to have Summers laid out backstage mysteriously, handing ACW veteran, Aaron Asterisk, a deserved shot at the title. It seems that the attack storyline will be carried out on Adrenaline though and will be a big part of the upcoming International feud.
-Officials were said to be very pleased with the International Title match. Going in, the belief was that Trix would retain and use Vance’s legacy to get completely over with the crowds. However, Vance’s unscheduled promo caused management to rethink their decision and put the belt on the ‘Indy Legend’. No word yet on if Trix will be continuing a feud for the belt or moving up to the World Title division, but the latter seems more likely considering his track record.
-McHenry’s involvement in the main event seemed to be a last minute thing. What that means long term is unknown though. Regarding the match itself, the decision waivered between Eric Snow and Zack Bronko, but management ultimately decided to go with Bronko. It’s likely that Bronko will enter into a singles feud over the next month, and Snow is said to still be firmly ‘in the title picture’.

Pete

Reaction score
No mention of tasers, arrests, and lighting cubes to heads... ;)

Good fallout nonetheless. Not sure about the hints at the whole thing being scripted, though... I thought this was supposed to be "real"?

The_King

Reaction score
I'm trying to write these pieces like an insider (ala wrestlezone/lordsofpain/etc. backstage rumor pieces). If people would prefer a different approach, just drop a comment, and I'll switch it up.

Lewb

Reaction score
I personally like the whole "dirt-sheet" approach, the show is a whole real approach, so a spin on it and a different view is good!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not a fan of the dirtsheet approach takes me out of the illusion.