Night of Champions Sting vs. Seth Rollins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LOL at this whole Sting/Authority deal.
Sting has no business feuding with the Authority NOW or getting a WWE-WHC match with Rollins, after clearly being at peace with his loss to HHH at Mania and shaking his hand.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
He's gonna use the whole 'He thinks he's an all-time great' deal. He has no beef with Triple H, but more so with Seth Rollins. imo.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The feud itself won't be bad, nor the match I'm sure. WWE just messed up and had sting lose to hunter already. Everything would make more sense had sting beaten triple h.

I'm sure the match will be good.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's not that bad kinda sums it well. Rollins has Ric Flair booking. In that he (and we) know that he is a phenomenal wrestler. But he doesn't want to actually wrestle unless he actually has to. Him vs Flair's biggest rival is kinda poetic I guess?

Oh on a roster that's been killing it lately, Rollins' ring-work has been second to none. Been loving his sarcastic booking, too, when he's acting all cocky after winning a belt ON HIS OWN after a lucky bounce, or getting a statue for Pedigreeing Cena on a chair that Jon Stewart brought in the ring... That's been great. Feels like he can't get momentum with this booking even though the character CAN win matches on his own, but all this stuff happens around him and "Hey, cool, easy win! Thanks, everybody! :yay:"

Know Summerslam was a big deal in the media, with ESPN covering it like a real sporting event and getting news/Today Show coverage and all these other people, I wonder what any new viewers (if they watched) thought about Seth throwing double suplexes and Phoenix Splashes and all the other crazy combo spots and awesome shit he did in that match. Know if I was a kid, woulda thought he was the coolest guy ever.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Oh on a roster that's been killing it lately, Rollins' ring-work has been second to none. Been loving his sarcastic booking, too, when he's acting all cocky after winning a belt ON HIS OWN after a lucky bounce, or getting a statue for Pedigreeing Cena on a chair that Jon Stewart brought in the ring... That's been great. Feels like he can't get momentum with this booking even though the character CAN win matches on his own, but all this stuff happens around him and "Hey, cool, easy win! Thanks, everybody! :yay:"

Know Summerslam was a big deal in the media, with ESPN covering it like a real sporting event and getting news/Today Show coverage and all these other people, I wonder what any new viewers (if they watched) thought about Seth throwing double suplexes and Phoenix Splashes and all the other crazy combo spots and awesome shit he did in that match. Know if I was a kid, woulda thought he was the coolest guy ever.
You make a good point with the viewers watching summerslam. I bet people loved Seth and think he's amazing but since all these young viewers are so engrained with Cena... It prob didn't matter too much as to what Seth did

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

I still think WWE pays ESPN and SI to cover their major events. Just saying. :henry2:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't think they downright pay them. There is probably some form of fee, but ESPN and the WWE for as long as I can think of has always had a good relationship. coachman being one of their on screen personalities can't hurt either.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The word on the street is this match will take place first and might open the show... While the US title one might main event.

Gotta love Vince.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Kinda weird since usually they book the main event to get people talking - for better or for worse.
Thing is, they wouldn't do a fuck finish in the opener, would they?

then again I kept saying they wouldn't book bad finishes in both halves of a double main event...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kinda weird since usually they book the main event to get people talking - for better or for worse.
Thing is, they wouldn't do a fuck finish in the opener, would they?

then again I kept saying they wouldn't book bad finishes in both halves of a double main event...

LOL, of course they would. But, I'd love nothing more than Rollins retaining clean both titles.

Possible outcome: Rollins retains via Kane interference. Kane grabs Rollins by the throat, delivers a Chokeslam, Rollins keeps the title

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
LOL, of course they would. But, I'd love nothing more than Rollins retaining clean both titles.

Possible outcome: Rollins retains via Kane interference. Kane grabs Rollins by the throat, delivers a Chokeslam, Rollins keeps the title
Fuck Kane. And fuck Rollins not winning clean.