Sting Signs with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wrestling star Sting (Steve Borden) has signed a contract with WWE, reports the Wrestling Observer.

The deal is reportedly not just a Legends Contract, but for a TV role. It remains to be seen what capacity Sting is used.

Sting, who has never worked for WWE in his career, had multiple conversations with WWE CEO Vince McMahon in recent years, but returned to TNA on his annual deal.

Sting was written off TNA television in January when he lost a "career" versus title match against Magnus.

Earlier this week, TNA officially removed Sting from their roster page.

Source: PWTORCH
I've never been keen on the idea of Sting working for WWE.

However, now that Undertaker has lost the streak, I don't have to worry about Sting being fed to the streak machine.

I just hope they find a good way to use him. I hope this means a possible DVD release and maybe HOF next year.

What are your thoughts on Sting joining WWE? Discuss.

The Viper

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I'm stoked to see Sting in a WWE ring. Always been wanting to see him there. A HOF induction is imminent and especially a WWE DVD, which I'd love to get my hands on.

Welcome to the better company, Sting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not gonna lie, I'm stoked to see Sting in a WWE ring. Always been wanting to see him there. A HOF induction is imminent and especially a WWE DVD, which I'd love to get my hands on.

Welcome to the better company, Sting.

My reluctance to see Sting in WWE has never had anything to do with "that" company, but rather my loyalty to WCW.

I don't want to see WWE use him as the last piece of the WCW puzzle it needs to bury. IF WWE treats him right though, I'll be over the moon to see him on Raw.

The Viper

Reaction score
My reluctance to see Sting in WWE has never had anything to do with "that" company, but rather my loyalty to WCW.

I don't want to see WWE use him as the last piece of the WCW puzzle it needs to bury. IF WWE treats him right though, I'll be over the moon to see him on Raw.

Well his reluctance with joining the company is also your reluctance. He's said it once in an interview that I everyone knows about. He saw how they treated Booker in his program with The Rock in 2001, he hated it, thought it was disrespectful to the WCW faithful, and decided to stay home.

I think that now, his gimmick is so sacred, that they NEED to treat him well. In 2001, yeah his gimmick was still hot (not as hot as '97, of course), but he wasn't the icon that he's referred to as today. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully, it's Crow Sting and if he does ever wrestle, he actually takes his shirt off and not try to look like an old hack trying to relive his glory says but doesn't wanna show off his gut.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well his reluctance with joining the company is also your reluctance. He's said it once in an interview that I everyone knows about. He saw how they treated Booker in his program with The Rock in 2001, he hated it, thought it was disrespectful to the WCW faithful, and decided to stay home.

I think that now, his gimmick is so sacred, that they NEED to treat him well. In 2001, yeah his gimmick was still hot (not as hot as '97, of course), but he wasn't the icon that he's referred to as today. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully, it's Crow Sting and if he does ever wrestle, he actually takes his shirt off and not try to look like an old hack trying to relive his glory says but doesn't wanna show off his gut.

I can't say how Sting would have been used in 2001. He might have actually gotten a few good wins when WWE wanted the Invasion angle to work.

However once that was over, all WWE wanted to do was bury WCW. They brought in Goldberg and Steiner and feed them to the machine.

I know all Vince wanted to do with Sting if he signed was to put over the Undertaker at WrestleMania. I would have killed someone.

Now that the streak is over, my fears have subsided. Sting may actually have something to offer WWE.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well they can't really fuck up his character now that he's not a full time competitor. I'm sure his on screen booking will be tv appearances here and there and a storyline/match for WM 31

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
Would love to see Sting in a managerial role. Raw GM would work. Be a helluva storyline for Sting to go heads up with HHH at WM31

Swinny

Reaction score
Very curious what they're going to do with him now.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
http://rajah.com/node/40409

Update: Sting Has Not Officially Signed His WWE Contract Yet

Despite report to the contrary, wrestling legend Sting has not yet signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago, however, "The Icon" has yet to put pen-to-paper at this point.

WWE, since WrestleMania, has been working under the belief that Sting will be joining the company, and he has been sent his contract, but as of right now, he has yet to sign it and send it back.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
If Sting were to join WWE, I see him ultimately doing a program with Triple H. Remember, Triple H pretty much ran through all of the WCW Main Eventers that came over to the WWE. I just hope Sting doesn't follow a similar fate and jobs, jobs, and jobs to Triple H and his clique.

I wish this would have happened in 2001 with Sting leading The Invasion, but it didn't happen. Oh well. He could have had some great matches with The Undertaker, Lesnar, Angle, Hardy... Oh wait, he either already has or he will have that chance now! Yeah, the world has its way of working out!

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah Trips is gonna job out Sting after finally getting him to sign. Guy has been able to mend so many old WWE wounds it's insane yet people still think he is this ego driven asshole who doesn't do what is actually best for business. Trips is the man now and he's doing his best to get all those old burned WWE bridges rebuilt.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sting has finally made his first appearance for WWE to share his thoughts on the Ultimate Warrior.

- Sting made his first WWE-related TV appearance on tonight's Ultimate Warrior "Greatest Matches" special on the WWE Network. In between matches, they have been featuring recently recorded comments from various stars on Warrior and Sting spoke after Ricky Steamboat.

Sting talked about how his favorite Warrior memory was Warrior putting tuna and orange juice in a blender and saying, "I got my protein and vitamin C all in one."