Sticks and Stones

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Ok. This thread isnt pointing out anyone in particular, but if you feel it applies to you then it probably does. The title Sticks and Stones I will use because it completely applies here.

Remember when we were all little kids and we got picked on ( happens to EVERYONE, we all know this) what was it that our parents or teachers always said?

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me.

This is like old advice guys, my grandparents still say this. So why is it, that we take what everyone says, ONLINE of all places, so seriously? Why do some of us allow other people that we dont even know, say things and give their words the power to get under our skin? You dont know these people. What they say, they think, they feel, their opinions, none of this have any affect on you or your life.

My neice is in 4th grade and like a typical kid, called someone in her class a butt-head. We get a note sent home, saying that she has to write a page long apology letter because this other kids feeling were hurt, and hurt feelings at such a young age can lead to all kinds of problems later in life, and is the number one cause of teenage depression and suicide.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

This is what the kids in our society have been reduced to. No wonder the world is so fucked.

That was in real life. This here is the internet. That means that you are so mentally screwed up, that you are going to let what someone on a keyboard 3000 miles away or what ever the case may be, determine your emotional well being? People who get offended so deeply by such an insignificant thing are truly sad little people, and deserve our pity.

So do all of us, and most importantly yourself a favor. When people call you a name, whether it be stupid, gay, blueberry, ugly, fat, reject, any type of racial slur, follow these basic rules:

1. Stop
2. Think- Are you REALLY what this person is calling you?

If the answer is yes, then how can you be mad? You cant be mad at someone for saying the truth, no matter how much it hurts. If the answer is no, then say to yourself, this person is obviously wrong, and therefore not worthy of my attention.

Thats all! Amazing isnt it?!?!

Then you just let it go. If you feel obligated to respond to whoever it is that is baiting you, have you ever stopped to think, you are giving that person EXACTLY what they wanted? A reaction. Some people get off on this. The best way to get them to shut up is to ignore them, and deny them the pleasure they get from making someone else as miserable as they are. That is if your life is not so sad that you simply cannot bear it if someone makes any threat to your internet reputation. We all know that would bring on the end of the world if that happened.

Bottom Line: You do not know these people. What they think does not affect you in the real world. Do not be such a pitiful human being that you allow yourself to take what anyone online thinks to heart.

Great One

Stfu you stupid, gay, blueberry, ugly, fat, reject border hopper.

But yeah.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Stfu you stupid, gay, blueberry, ugly, fat, reject border hopper.

But yeah.

*Reads Great Ones reply*

1. Stops
2. Thinks- Am I stupid, gay, Blue, ugly, fat, a reject, or a border hopper?

The answer is no. Thank you Great One for being my guinea pig. Take notice people, you will run into smart asses like this many times in your life. Dont give them the satisfaction.

MikeRaw

Lol. I love it when people on the internet talk about peoples personal lives, that they know nothing about. Or call them on their appearance (which they most likely dont know what they look like)...
im not saying its not entertaining, cause it is (especially LadyHotRod) but you cant take it too seriously, considering the person "flaming" you knows nothing about you in most cases.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Then theres that. I do not deny that it can be funny at times. But it should be made clear from the beginning, that flaming to flame is all in good fun.

Some people take it too far, to the point that real internet hate ( LOL at internet hate) develops between two people. And it seems noone knows when to let it go. They go on and on and on with it, usually to the point where someone ends up getting all butt hurt about it, then it turns into whining.

Dont dish it out, if you cant take it.

Bigfella

Reaction score
It's not Sticks and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me

It's actually: Sticks and Stones will break my bones but words will only cause years of physiological damage.

Rell

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything. My "cyber-beefs" end pretty quickly, I mean, me and durk Turkey were in a heated battle of words for like two days, now we talk on MSN like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE remembers me and Kaedon's epic battles :laugh2: *sighs* good times. I've even e-beefed with Bling at one point, but its all out of boredom usually. I hate to keep making this reference, but like I always say, the internet is kayfabe. Its a lot like wrestling. Its real in some aspects, but overall, its pretty much fake. At the end of the day, none of us know each other on a personal level (except for a select few) We may know of each other, but thats about it. So all in all, anyone taking things said on the internet, let alone a wrestling forum, to the heart, seriously needs their priorities checked.

It's actually: Sticks and Stones will break my bones but words will only cause years of physiological damage.

I can agree with that, but you have to put it into context. We all know verbal abuse does hurt, and can cause social and personal problems, in real life. Theres a huge difference between things said on an internet forum by glorified strangers, and things said to you by someone you knew/know personally. Wouldn't you agree?

Soulpower

Stick and stones might break my bones, but Randy Orton promos bore me to death.

As for "Internet Beef". Really? I mean, that's the worst type of beef in the world. At least Angus beef tastes awesome even if its a bit more expensive.

Also, if you're "fighting" with someone over the internet... Do us all a favor and drop dead, please!

Soulpower

I love adding something to a conversation.

That don't rhyme either >_>

Rell

Reaction score
:laugh: Sticks & stone may break my bones, but guns and knives can end a life.

- old Life Skills teacher

LadyHotrod

THANK YOU, JASMINE!

This is what I have been telling certain people here. They can say whatever they want about me and I always tell them I don't care because it's just the internet. Oh, wow, some kid behind a computer his parents bought him called me a name over the internet. BOO HOO.

Seriously, I really don't get why people go as far as having e-hate for someone who talks shit about them on the internet. SAD.