Steubenville Ohio Rape Case Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
cap·i·tal pun·ish·ment
Noun
The legally authorized killing of someone as punishment for a crime.
Synonyms
death penalty

If he didn't get the death penalty it's not capital punishment. It's literally the definition.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Just like how it's up to the courts to try them kids in Ohio as an adult, in GA there is determining factors.

The fact that the jury had found that two aggravating factors applied to Coker's crime – his prior convictions and the fact that the rape was committed during the course of a robbery – did not change the Court's conclusion
This would normally have got him executed because they are the aggravating factors needed to impose capital punishment. But when the Supreme Court stepped it, all it did was stop his execution. He still got the capital punishment because he still serving life sentences in Prison. So either way he still got it. That's how

IE: The Supreme Court ruled that he couldn't be killed is the only reason he didn't get it. But he should have got it because he did COMMIT the crime as an escaped convict and during a Robbery. Hence the multiple life sentences. So however you look at it, he got capital punishment my son because he is serving a life sentence. So, you're wrong because the argument was about it being a capital offense which it was, he just didn't get executed like he normally would have. And that still is the courts decision if they should or not. (Coker that is)

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
You're right man. You're always right. You're a scholar. Life in prison is capital punishment. The definition is wrong. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Reactions: 1 person

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
You're right man. You're always right. You're a scholar. Life in prison is capital punishment. The definition is wrong. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

No I think you pointed out to everyone how much of a jack-ass you are. Why ain't it capital punishment? Strip away the definition which is THE only thing you had going for you in you're attempt to prove me wrong (which you didn't) and shit, he never will get to see freedom. He's bound to be raped by other inmates or even killed for raping a women anyway. But you know everything just like how you said Rape isn't considered an Capital offense anywhere. Do yourself a favor just accept the facts I've given you.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
It's against the 8th amendment to give the death penalty for the rape of a mature woman.

The death penalty is capital punishment by definition.

I def proved you right. I'm a jackass I bow to you. You must have been the captain of your high school debate team.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
It's against the 8th amendment to give the death penalty for the rape of a mature woman.

The death penalty is capital punishment by definition.

I def proved you right. I'm a jackass I bow to you. You must have been the captain of your high school debate team.

The amendments doesn't hold up to state law. Wrong again Junior. Notice how the Supreme court had to step in because that's the only way to interfere in court decisions smart guy. :rollseyes:

The 14th Amendment states that a person cannot be deprived of life, liberty, or property without the due process of law. Which means that a person's life can be taken away, as long as they are afforded the due process of law.
So, regardless legally, only three things can stop capital punishment for rape. 1, State Law. 2. Supreme Court ruling in a state much like (GA which I stated in the beginning post) to provide a stay of execution, or the 14th amendment is not followed. Yeah, you're a real genius my guy. I know you got a hard on to try and prove me wrong but that's why us Southern Ohio guys laugh at Northern Ohio people much like you. You guys are some true jack-asses. So, care to tell me what point you were trying to make besides saying by definition it's not capital punishment when regardless of how you look at it they are still putting themselves through it via life sentences?

:golfclap6:

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
You're right state law supersedes the bill of rights. There's no supremacy clause. Rape is a capital punishment. Capital punishment is not only the death penalty. The definition is wrong you are right. The 14th amendment proves you are correct on all matters. I secede. You are the winner. All of us dolts in north east ohio bow to the almighty south westerners.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Your still wrong. Even with your poor attempt at sarcasm. The proof of states that can charge rape as a capital offense and the states are listed that don't are listed. GA was on the list who don't normally. So shut the hell up. You're not backing up your facts. Period. I have. I win, you lose.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
How about you shut up, do us that favor, how about that for once?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
annndddd that's enough of that. back on topic please or i lock the thread.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I personally say lock it myself Delta.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
not when there was a perfectly fine discussion beforehand

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Yeah we know *cough* some people can't have decent conversation. :)