Stephanie Vaquer has left CMLL - Signed with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This is good though because again this forces both companies to be aggressive and not fuck about if they REALLY want someone. While again I am personally disappointment not to see her in AEW, this is amazing shit for the all wrestlers. Might lead to a few overpay and flops but thats way better than pppl never getting picked up or paid peanuts to MAYBE use them eventually. And this kind of stuff is a good kick in the ass for any promoter that isn't on the ball

Reactions: BSE

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think also the cmll njpw tweet might have sped up their announcement maybe a bit too

Normally I'd say it wouldn't bc I doubt they'd care but some things really are vastly different especially on the NXT side.

I'm actually wondering now if there was an attempt to let her finish dates but they also wanted her to debut on NXT quickly (think a Karl Anderson NJPW situation when he was champ and signed) but maybe they just couldn't agree on anything so CMLL just made the call. A lot still is weird but I'm pretty sure everything will come out within a week anyway.

Also tbh Tony Khan hasn't made any tweet about it vague or otherwise and if anything really shady happened here, I'd almost expect it lol I think he wouldn't if CMLL wouldn't want him to which again points to CMLL oddly being fine with everything

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Normally I'd say it wouldn't bc I doubt they'd care but some things really are vastly different especially on the NXT side.

I'm actually wondering now if there was an attempt to let her finish dates but they also wanted her to debut on NXT quickly (think a Karl Anderson NJPW situation when he was champ and signed) but maybe they just couldn't agree on anything so CMLL just made the call. A lot still is weird but I'm pretty sure everything will come out within a week anyway.

Also tbh Tony Khan hasn't made any tweet about it vague or otherwise and if anything really shady happened here, I'd almost expect it lol I think he wouldn't if CMLL wouldn't want him to which again points to CMLL oddly being fine with everything
well to your point, we had read earlier last week (or I did) that CMLL were fairly cool with letting ppl out of their deals if they got US offers. Seems they just have different ways of doing things there. Perhaps you are right and they just said fuck it we rip off the bandaid now, go have fun and there is no heat at all.

I don't think TK would or should tweet here, he clearly lost a bidding war of some kind (whether it was money or other things that enticed him, or maybe he only made an offer after FD and WWE was ahead of the game , maybe she thinks nxt is a good place for her to start etc). He'd look like a punk tweeted here unless something really shady went down.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
CMLL can be really weird, they take care of their talent really well when they're working for them but like they kick you out hard so that also might just be the most likely scenario tbh

Steph "hey I got this great offer from WWE that I'm thinking about taking can we discuss some things about me possibly finishing my contract early"

CMLL "leave now"

Basically lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
well to your point, we had read earlier last week (or I did) that CMLL were fairly cool with letting ppl out of their deals if they got US offers. Seems they just have different ways of doing things there. Perhaps you are right and they just said fuck it we rip off the bandaid now, go have fun and there is no heat at all.

I don't think TK would or should tweet here, he clearly lost a bidding war of some kind (whether it was money or other things that enticed him, or maybe he only made an offer after FD and WWE was ahead of the game , maybe she thinks nxt is a good place for her to start etc). He'd look like a punk tweeted here unless something really shady went down.

Yes they are the confusing part is how this seems to have been sprung on them. It's coming off more like they didn't have a choice more than they approved and that's why I'm questioning what the fuck their contracts are so hard but that's still just speculative anyway, we don't know their thoughts

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
still terrible for fans who were excited about the 1 womens match on that show but oh well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't watch but I think one of the big complaints related to that is some talent they have not getting much time so maybe Steph leaving at least opens up a whole there. I think they'll still do they same allotted match or matches each show and just slot new people in that hopefully are good and develop.

They did run an all women's Friday night card (not even Tuesday or something) earlier this year but last I saw women got more match time in AAA by a good bit, just paid less

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Think she was better than Mone in the match so look forward to see what she does. More woman wwe roster ain't gonna hurt. It really has me excited for tag division in few years with the PC in full bloom and signing free agents

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This was out of nowhere. Had no idea she was eligible to be signed.

Apparently CMLL does have a tendency to let people out of contracts for a big US offer. I'm willing to bet that the money difference is so much that they know they need to be able to let them out if they want to have a chance to lock down talent in-country.

She was great at Forbidden Door. Can't wait to see how she does on NXT.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so interesting tidbit that may put the Rush stuff to rest

Dragon Lee is....well Rush's brother. He tweeted the same shit as Rush did as the time about that dude. He just deleted shortly after. So this shit will still affect her in WWE it seems

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
so interesting tidbit that may put the Rush stuff to rest

Dragon Lee is....well Rush's brother. He tweeted the same shit as Rush did as the time about that dude. He just deleted shortly after. So this shit will still affect her in WWE it seems

The thing I saw said he kept quiet but if he deleted soon after that would also make sense, I mentioned it earlier

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The thing I saw said he kept quiet but if he deleted soon after that would also make sense, I mentioned it earlier
also apparently plenty of wrestlers in CMLL also took that dudes side so maybe it's just only a big deal to us marks

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I knew it was a lot, became even more the longer they held him. Just was more indicative of how things are there I thought tbh so good on Steph just getting out I think, if they haven't tried him yeah who knows when they ever will before he just gets released bc you can't be in jail that long without a trial even in Mexico

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I knew it was a lot, became even more the longer they held him. Just was more indicative of how things are there I thought tbh so good on Steph just getting out I think, if they haven't tried him yeah who knows when they ever will before he just gets released bc you can't be in jail that long without a trial even in Mexico
she was kinf of in a no win situation, and we know in WWE if anyone makes wave they'll send you packing since they don't really "need" anyone. so if Dragon Lee for any reason does something dumb to her or says something they can easily bench him till his deal is done

Reactions: Chris