Stephanie set on pushing new stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Sources within WWE is saying that Stephanie McMahon recently held a meeting where she said it was time for the company to push some new stars and that everyone will be given a chance to take the ball and run with it if they work hard.

Stephanie said at the meeting that they will be encouraging wrestlers to pitch their own ideas and storylines. Traditionally if wrestlers to to management with ideas it’s often seen in a negative light. Vince used to shoot their ideas down hard and try to embarrass them in front of others if he didn’t like their ideas, which he rarely did.

Over the past few years WWE’s system has been a double edged sword. They say that nobody is taking the ball, but then punish wrestlers if they deviate from the script too much. They constantly tell developmental wrestlers that nobody is good enough, but they are strictly doing what they are told to do.

24wrestling.com
-------------------------

Good. Now maybe everyone can stop complainign about what a controlling, HHH-obsessed bitch she is.

Ghostbusters420

Reaction score
Its about damn time ive been getting tired of seeing the same old people winning and getting title shots.

I hope they give zack ryder a good push I like his new gimmick and theme song lol.

Hometown Kid

Its about damn time ive been getting tired of seeing the same old people winning and getting title shots.

I hope they give zack ryder a good push I like his new gimmick and theme song lol.

He's talented no doubt. And i'm glad you brought him up for me to reference. He got a new character and rebirth just to get squashed by 50 year old Finlay. Not to mention, isn't the Main Event to SummerSlam supposedly planned out to be Trips/Orton? Yeah, that's fresh talent.
>_>

Basically, don't read too much into this report until something actually changes. I have a feeling the young guys being side dishes to the same old, same old (Miz in Cena/Show and MVP in Batista/Orton) will be as big of a push as anyone can hope to expect at this point.

Wrestling Station

So is she looking for a new husband? :shifty:

anyway, its about time for them to seak for new talents as most of the maineventers are about to retire in a year or two.

Airfixx

He's talented no doubt. And i'm glad you brought him up for me to reference. He got a new character and rebirth just to get squashed by 50 year old Finlay. Not to mention, isn't the Main Event to SummerSlam supposedly planned out to be Trips/Orton? Yeah, that's fresh talent.
>_>

Basically, don't read too much into this report until something actually changes. I have a feeling the young guys being side dishes to the same old, same old (Miz in Cena/Show and MVP in Batista/Orton) will be as big of a push as anyone can hope to expect at this point.

That's a fair point, but on the flipside, you gotta be realistic, the report says those that work hard will be given a chance to run with the ball, it didn't say they will "pushed to the point of headlining the second biggest PPV of the year within a matter of 3-4 months."

I think it's quite eveident from the last 2 weeks TV that they're starting to cast an eye towards the future with guys like Miz, Morrison, MVP, Punk and such getting good mic time and interacting with the main players on their respective shows and I also think this may be why they were seemingly so eager to get the draft done this year.

Soulpower

I'll believe this when I see it happening for a long period of time. We've had stretches in the past where it looks like WWE is going to push the younger guys, only to give up on them after a month or two.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Gentlemen, start your suck ups!

MikeRaw

^You actually think he'll be gone for long? He'll be back in a month, tops, for a HIAC with Orton.

the dark knight

me? im just giving you possibilities what triple h "haters" would say..

phantomgerald

Haha as if. I can say any damn thing I wan if I'm the daughter of the owner of the company. It's called Public relations, people.

MikeRaw

^Considering she didn't make a huge statement to the public, ro any statement at all, I highly doubt it's for "public relations"

SnackZ

Reaction score
Good - cause I want to be watching wrestling on my death bed cheering for Kendall Orton vs. HHHHHH when I'm 80. The E always does this so its really no surprise but I like that she actually SAID it.