Steam Winter Sale

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but the downside of that is that if money is tight then you could be locked out of new releases due to outdated hardware where as consoles have optimisation. I will always primarily play on console due to my friends but I would like a budget PC to play Overwatch and Indie games.

Yeah but if you build with the future in mind, you will be set for a solid 3+ years without needing updating. Either way, I think it is best to either be PC only or playing on both PC and console. Just console means you lose out on a lot. Plus you have to pay to play with your friends which sucks.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah but if you build with the future in mind, you will be set for a solid 3+ years without needing updating. Either way, I think it is best to either be PC only or playing on both PC and console. Just console means you lose out on a lot. Plus you have to pay to play with your friends which sucks.
The price I pay for gold however is outweighed by the games you get for being a subscriber. I just pay it yearly and forget about it, costs me roughly £35 a year and I've gotten a bunch of games from that so no biggie.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The price I pay for gold however is outweighed by the games you get for being a subscriber. I just pay it yearly and forget about it, costs me roughly £35 a year and I've gotten a bunch of games from that so no biggie.

They must have brought down the price. The only thing I miss about console gaming is the ease of use, to just pick up and play with friends in a party... But all the people I used to play with either never go on anymore or I don't talk to so it wasn't a big deal for me to make the switch to PC. I do plan on getting the Nintendo Switch when it comes out which will be the first console I have wanted since Xbox 360.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They must have brought down the price. The only thing I miss about console gaming is the ease of use, to just pick up and play with friends in a party... But all the people I used to play with either never go on anymore or I don't talk to so it wasn't a big deal for me to make the switch to PC. I do plan on getting the Nintendo Switch when it comes out which will be the first console I have wanted since Xbox 360.
I think its £40 if you buy it directly from MS but you can get 1 year cards online for cheaper. The switch I might get depends on how well I budget between now and then (Spoiler: Not very well) but if it has a decent launch line up I'll look into getting one at some point.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Honestly, even though I know you're wanting a budget build, I'd swing for something like a 970 instead. It'd be so much more worth it.

And you can definitely play newer releases on an older PC and it'll still look way better. Before my new one was built my old PC had a 770, and I was able to get 60FPS with no drops on Fallout 4, and it looked way better than when I played on the PS4 version.

You don't have to upgrade a PC every 1-2 years, unless you're just wanting the latest and greatest. Not too different from what the console market is doing anymore, look at the PS4 Pro and whatever the new Xbox is called. 9 year console gens are dead.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, my PC has a 970 and I run most games at high settings.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
9 years wasn't a huge jump seeing as the two that preceded it lasted about an average of 6.

Not directed at you, but I thought it was funny how people that said they don't game on PC cause you have to upgrade constantly are rushing out and buying another $400 console.