Steam Winter Sale

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Most of the things on my list I got or it is something I don't need right now. I prefer multi-player games to play with Solidus... So all the single player or split screen/share screen games get the back burner. I don't think they will have another BIG sale like this till Summer now.
I'm kinda the opposite anymore, I haven't bought a game with the intent to play multiplayer in a long time. Doom has multiplayer but I'm not really interested in it, I got it because it's an excellent reboot for the series, and the original Doom was one of the first video games I ever played so it's always gonna have a spot in my heart.

I tend to not buy multiplayer games anymore because I tend to get bored with them. I look for mostly single player games that have amazing stories or ones I can sink a lot of time into. I don't buy many games anymore simply because a lot of them just aren't that good, so when I buy something I play it to death usually.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm kinda the opposite anymore, I haven't bought a game with the intent to play multiplayer in a long time. Doom has multiplayer but I'm not really interested in it, I got it because it's an excellent reboot for the series, and the original Doom was one of the first video games I ever played so it's always gonna have a spot in my heart.

I tend to not buy multiplayer games anymore because I tend to get bored with them. I look for mostly single player games that have amazing stories or ones I can sink a lot of time into. I don't buy many games anymore simply because a lot of them just aren't that good, so when I buy something I play it to death usually.

Yeah I get that. Many of the online/multiplayer games have gone down hill for some reason. I don't like um unless I am directly playing with someone I know.

I know that my next single player game will be South Park's when ever they decide to release it... Been waiting FOREVER for that.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
You @Solid Snake @Solidus get The Division, it's got a nice co-op campaign that runs for a while! If your PCs can handle it (and I am sure it can) it is a beautiful co-op game that you can sink the hours into. Even the base game is fun, the DLCs aren't needed till you hit the level cap of 30 (or finish the story campaign)

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You @Solid Snake @Solidus get The Division, it's got a nice co-op campaign that runs for a while! If your PCs can handle it (and I am sure it can) it is a beautiful co-op game that you can sink the hours into. Even the base game is fun, the DLCs aren't needed till you hit the level cap of 30 (or finish the story campaign)

I've heard of it never looked into it, will check it out though thanks :obama:

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Isn't The Division pretty similar to Destiny?

Both games never seemed that appealing to me, always seemed way too loot grindy for me. But then again that's slightly hypocritical coming from someone who played WoW for 9 years and loves Diablo.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Isn't The Division pretty similar to Destiny?

Both games never seemed that appealing to me, always seemed way too loot grindy for me. But then again that's slightly hypocritical coming from someone who played WoW for 9 years and loves Diablo.

I haven't actually felt that way tbh, I liked Destiny but it had a rather short campaign. While it looked beautiful it wasn't a game that I went back to time and again. The Division however has a decent sized campaign, it's open world so there's no need to travel between planets and all that. It's got a very seamless co-op system, the game is very narrative driven till you reach the level cap, then yeah it tends to go down the farming/loot grind way but its still loads of fun with a group.

Destiny like I said I never played too much, but the set pieces thing and having to travel in spaceships to go to every level kinda annoyed me as it would take forever! The game itself was fun though.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nothing because PC Gaming is lame.

However in the Xbox sale I got Titanfall 2 for £25 so that's a pretty okay game. Not good, not great but alright.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Nothing because PC Gaming is lame.

However in the Xbox sale I got Titanfall 2 for £25 so that's a pretty okay game. Not good, not great but alright.

giphy.gif

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I looked into building a PC but after buying an OS, Monitor etc it was like £650 to match the performance of my Xbox so I gave up especially since the card I was buying would be outdated in 1-2 year. I'm going to build a budget i3 and 750Ti build this year to play Overwatch when the console playerbase dies.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I looked into building a PC but after buying an OS, Monitor etc it was like £650 to match the performance of my Xbox so I gave up especially since the card I was buying would be outdated in 1-2 year. I'm going to build a budget i3 and 750Ti build this year to play Overwatch when the console playerbase dies.

It is a lot cheaper than that to match an Xbox bud. My PC isn't anything fancy and cost me about $450 total (including the monitor and keyboard) and it beats the pants off an Xbox. You have to learn to budget shop for parts. You can find them a lot cheaper if you know where to look and what to get.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It is a lot cheaper than that to match an Xbox bud. My PC isn't anything fancy and cost me about $450 total (including the monitor and keyboard) and it beats the pants off an Xbox. You have to learn to budget shop for parts. You can find them a lot cheaper if you know where to look and what to get.
I researched it for like 2 weeks and to find something that can run Doom, Star Wars Battlefront etc was way more expensive. Plus its way more hassle anyway.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I researched it for like 2 weeks and to find something that can run Doom, Star Wars Battlefront etc was way more expensive. Plus its way more hassle anyway.

I still think it can be done. You should talk to the boss man. He knows how to build around a budget... Built mine after all :woo1:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'll shoot him a PM when I'm gonna build it. I could probably catch a used 750Ti for cheap now the 1050 and 1050Ti are out.

It is more rewarding as well when you are able to change and upgrade things when you want or see fit.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It is more rewarding as well when you are able to change and upgrade things when you want or see fit.
Yeah but the downside of that is that if money is tight then you could be locked out of new releases due to outdated hardware where as consoles have optimisation. I will always primarily play on console due to my friends but I would like a budget PC to play Overwatch and Indie games.