OOC State of The League Address (The Final Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Hey everyone,

So if it seems like the league has been dead for a little while, well that's because it has. Even though @Emo held his own poll, I don't feel like it gave enough room or options for people. So, I'm making this thread to re-evaluate thing. Now, there are a few ways we can go about dealing with the league.

1. We end the 2K17 league, and start-up anew in 2K18. (Get The "F" Out Option)
2. We end it for good, with a bang. (The Original ECW Option)
3. We can head over to another league together, which means our league is just history but we move on. (The WCW Option)
4. We can try to finish off this year as best we can. (The TNA Option)
5. We (as in those in power/those willing to help) redesign and rebuild from the ground up. (The Seth Rollins Option)
6. We abandon it altogether. (The PuLs3 Option)

There is no poll, I want legitimate discussion.

I leave it up to everyone still involved in the Xbox League to decide, as it would be wrong of me to make this decision by myself and not include popular opinion.
Hash this out amongst yourselves and by Sunday, hopefully a decision will have been made.

I love this league. It needs justice and respect.

@Papa Franku's ear @MintMidget69 @SupaHeeroh @Fireshock @Hybrid @impactking @Frosty @Finniis @Hunter Ray

@Solidus

Last edited:

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I want serious posts from league members only. Any other comment will be deleted.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I want serious posts from league members only. Any other comment will be deleted.
blah

Semi Serious Post

I honestly don't care if the league goes on/doesn't. This was my last year anyway, so I mean, take that as you like. It won't make a difference to me at all. Don't join other leagues though with this history. If this league dies then it should die. It had a good run, but joining other leagues while this being on the back end isn't good. Plus that's a fuck you to this website altogether in which Solidus was nice enough to allow us to move here. Options I agree with are

(The Original ECW Option)

(The TNA Option)

Also tag @Solidus (Admin/Runner of the site) since he should know what's going on with the league at this state

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
blah

Semi Serious Post

I honestly don't care if the league goes on/doesn't. This was my last year anyway, so I mean, take that as you like. It won't make a difference to me at all. Don't join other leagues though with this history. If this league dies then it should die. It had a good run, but joining other leagues while this being on the back end isn't good. Plus that's a fuck you to this website altogether in which Solidus was nice enough to allow us to move here. Options I agree with are

(The Original ECW Option)

(The TNA Option)

Also tag @Solidus (Admin/Runner of the site) since he should know what's going on with the league at this state
To be clear, I wouldn't abandon this site. I would try to bring something else to the table in the leagues place.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
To be clear, I wouldn't abandon this site. I would try to bring something else to the table in the leagues place.
Why would that make any difference? Killing a 3 year plus league with limited members for a new one with what will be limited members?

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Why would that make any difference? Killing a 3 year plus league with limited members for a new one with what will be limited members?
It wouldn't be another league.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
As a legitimate reason, going out with a bang is probably the best conclusion for the league. There isn't much to salvage, and it's better to do something memorable than try to carry on something that there just isn't much interest in.

Just my $0.02 American

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'll allow it as long as it's serious.

Thank you Jet.

I won't say much but here's the options I would lean towards...

Get the "F" out - The best option in my opinion, it gives people a break and time for more people to come back and it isn't ending the league all together.

TNA option - This could work, the passion that some of you guys have the league is incredible and the people remaining can easily carry it through the rest of 2K17.

it's better to listen to the league members opinions than my own but yeah that's my opinion on the situation.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
As a once long standing member and survivor of what was quite possibly the most upside down league in existence that has gone through 8 different regimes of people running it at different times just in my time alone (Admin and WrestlingNation in the end of 2k14. Muuuftah, Admin and Harrison, Sam in 2k15. Gino, and the Admin of TWF at the time - I forget his name - in 2k16's TWF era. Frosty in WWEF era 2k16 and 2k17. And now Sonic) I' go for the TNA option and just keep it going. There are those, by the looks of things that still enjoy it and so IMO, that's what makes it worth the effort to struggle on.

The leagues will always go through periods of decline and will also go through periods of boom... You've just gotta fight your way through no mans land and sooner or later you'll get to where you want to be.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I would sign up again tbh, but me transfering over to PC gaming, there's no real reason for me to bother with Xbox Gold anymore so I can't really promise to join or anything but...

I think Seth Rollins option is a good one, or like the others have said, weather the storm with TNA option. If you go for Get The F out option, there's a good chance any interest there is currently just completely dies out by the time 2k18 comes around.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
I'd stay with the league. Even though I'm trash online, I love the storytelling.

So even if it closes I'll come back when it starts up again

Reactions: Papa Franku's ear

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Definitely needs a rebuild. Look at the signup thread, it's so long and daunting for those just wanted to play and compete casually. Simplify it to appeal to more people.
The core of the problem is that there aren't enough players or nobody is signing up, now figure out why. Perhaps it's what I mentioned above. I also don't think anyone is willing to promo, it's certainly not what I'd expect to do when joining a league for a console game. Less commitment and work, more time playing and being rewarded.
I have access to custom features if things are needed, I am here to help.

Reactions: Patriot Pants
Status
Not open for further replies.