Starship Troopers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
There are probably more remakes & reboots in comics than in any other media(asides from music, covers, edits, & remixes come out of everywhere) so it was a bit easier for me to explain how those are done. A reboot keeps continuity while a remake changes it.

Like I would consider RZ's Halloween to be a reboot, sure he went & done the pre-story for the first time, but after that it was pretty much the original Halloween, and Friday The 13th is a remake of the first 3 movies, with parts of 4 & 5 thrown in for the sake of making it feel like 1 film.

Before opening credits was a remake of the first Friday, dealing with the story of Pamela, then there was the bits where Jason was wearing the burlap sack that remakes #2, and from Hockey Mask on was a remake of 3, the parts of 4 & 5 I am refering to are the recurring character who was played by Corey Feldman in #3(the only character other than a Voorhees to appear in more than 1 movie), who would be the Jared Padeleki character in the remake.

Tron: Legacy is a reboot.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the two are completely different. Of course when someone does a remake it is not going to be shot for shot, scene for scene, line for line (althrough in the case of Pyscho it was, but it normally isn't) the same, but they are basically telling the same story in roughtly the same order as the original film. With a reboot it is a fresh story and in the case of something like Batman Begins the director is taking you back to the very roots of the central character and showed you in great detail how he became Batman and how other stuff like the Bat Cave came to be. When someone does something fresh and new, as well as stamping their own trademarks on a series like Nolan has then I don't have a problem with it same with the recent Star Trek. However this Spiderman does look a bit iffy to me.

Back on topic I am guessing the new Starship Troopers is more remake than reboot.