• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stardom Discussion

Rosie

Dark Side
Got three matches in for the rest of the day. I was really impressed with Momo Watanabe, but her opponent has a bit of a way to go. I could do forearm strikes almost as good as Mia's strikes weren't exactly the best and it took me out of the match.

The third match: ...I am intrigued, confused, amazed, and weirded out by the clown! AT LEAST SHE IS AGAINST SMOKING!

Fourth: I think it was a Future of Stardom title match, and honestly, I was really impressed! Unagi has a load of charisma already, and her opponent did well. I am surprised she is 32 considering the name of the title, but I guess with DDP starting training in his mid 30's, I've seen crazier things.

Time to watch more!

Fifth match: The match was pretty good, but there were a couple of odd moments near the end with diving moves.
Like the first moonsault I wasn't sure if it hit or missed, then Lady C's diving chop looked so weird, then the final moonsault, Lady C was a touch far away and Mayu's knees drove right into her ribs, OUCH!

In ring promo... Curse the lack of subtitles/English commentary to add context.

Sixth match: First, Maika's Theme fucking slaps! SPEAKING OF SLAPS MAN THE STRIKES IN THIS MATCH!

Main Event: Now I see what the hype was about the heel Starlight Kid. Like her look alone makes her stand out, but her work in this match was great. Ruthlessness at the start, attacking the leg of her opponent, then just the rest was crisp. I'm a fan of her now. Great main event.

Yeah that's usually the natural reaction towards Fukigen DEATH (aka Kaori Yoneyama) most of the time, she grows on you as the time goes on. Personally wasn't a fan of her first, but as time went on I appreciated her well enough. She's another one who benefited from an Odeo Tai heel turn

Glad it got you hooked hehe, trust me the other matches are a ton of fun too

Getting hooked for sure. I'm probably going to try and learn more about this company and watch when I have time.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Here are my thoughts on day 7 and day 8 of the 5-star

Stardom 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Day 7 – Tokyo, Japan (8/28)

25. Singles Match Tam Nakano defeated Lady C.

Rating: 3.5
Thoughts: Really good opener. Nakano brought it, Lady C tried hard, great effort.

26. Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #1 Utami Hayashishita defeated Mai Sakurai.

Thoughts: Another really good match. Utami was too powerful, but Mai really tried her hardest.

27. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Natsupoi defeated Kaori ‘Fukigen Death’ Yoneyama.

Rating: 3
Thoughts: Really fun match Kaori continues to amaze me. Natsupoi proved too much.

28. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match Konami defeated Ruaka.

Rating: 3.0
Thoughts: Pretty good match, Konami is so impressive, and Ruaka did decent enough.

29. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Starlight Kid defeated Mina Shirakawa.

Rating: 4
Thoughts:
What a match, both did amazing. Mina is great, and Starlight Kid is epic.

30. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match Unagi Sayaka vs. Maika went to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Thoughts: Another great match, They went all out on this one. pretty burtal, and both were spent at the end.

31. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Mayu Iwatani defeated Himeka.

Thoughts: Pretty solid closer, wasn't as good at the previous two for me, but certainly worth the watch.

Overall Show: What a show! A lot of really good matches, not a dud among them all.

Stardom 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Day 8 – Tokyo, Japan (8/29)

1. AZM defeated Hanan. Singles Match

Thoughts:
Very solid match, both worked smoothly together, and it was very technically sound

2. Momo Watanabe defeated Mai Sakurai. Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #2

Thoughts:
Pretty solid match, a little disjointed, and not as smooth as I would have liked.

3. Kaori ‘Fukigen Death’ Yoneyama defeated Himeka. 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Block

Thoughts:
Really fun match, Kaori is so hilarious.
Rating: 2.5

4. Unagi Sayaka (c) defeated Rina. Future Of STARDOM Championship Match

Thoughts:
Really enjoyed this match, very smooth, and great pace.

5. Mayu Iwatani defeated Lady C. Singles Match

Thoughts:
Hard hitting match, really loved the pace.

6. Takumi Iroha defeated Maika. 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match

Thoughts:
Another hard hitting match, love me some Takumi.

7. Starlight Kid defeated Natsupoi to become the new Champion. High Speed Championship Match

Thoughts:
What a match. So happy for Starlight Kid! Both women worked their ass off.

Overall Show thoughts: Overall show was really fun, and an easy watch. All matches were solid, and the show went by in a flash.

Necro

STARDOM Results: 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Day 9 – Tokyo, Japan (9/4)

The following results are from a recent STARDOM event. The event took place on September 4th, 2021 at the Belle Salle Shinjuku Grand Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Singles Match
Kaori “Fukigen Death” Yoneyama defeated Hanan.

Singles Match
Unagi Sayaka vs. Natsupoi went to a double countout.

Singles Match
Mayu Iwatani defeated Rina.

Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #3
Giulia defeated Mai Sakurai.

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Block
Himeka defeated Mina Shirakawa.

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Block
Konami defeated Takumi Iroha.

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Block
Syuri vs. Utami Hayashishita went to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Necro

STARDOM Results: 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Day 10 – Tokyo, Japan (9/6)

The following results are from a recent STARDOM event. The event took place on September 6th, 2021 at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #4
Maika defeated Mai Sakurai.

Future Of STARDOM Championship Match
Unagi Sayaka (c) defeated Waka Tsukiyama.

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match
Saya Kamitani defeated Ruaka.

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match
Momo Watanabe defeated Kaori “Fukigen Death” Yoneyama.

Momo Watanabe defeated Saki Kashima.

Himeka defeated Natsupoi.

Giulia defeated Mina Shirakawa.

Koguma defeated Starlight Kid.

Konami defeated Syuri.

Takumi Iroha defeated Tam Nakano.

Necro

Hazuki makes her Stardom return match at the October 9 Osaka Jo Hall show against Koguma.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Main Event stopper Hazuki vs Koguma I like that first Match back for her. I hope she rocks the White and Pink outfit for some reason she always has good to great Matches with that attire.

Last edited:

Necro

First Castle Hall match announced. Card changes for September.
renderTimingPixel.png

Hazuki's back!! Waka is having a Challenge series... and it's gonna HURT!!
Stemming from Saturday's and Monday's shows, we have a bit more action for this month of September and the first match for the October 9th Osaka Dream Cinderella 2021 card at the Osaka-jo Hall has been made official.
  • Hazuki's return match after her participation in the trios match at the Hana Matane memorial show has been scheduled for October 9th and it's against Koguma in a Fukuoka showdown (where's Maika in all of this??). It'll be their first since match since their Cinderella Tournament match at the far away date of April 23rd 2015. Koguma is 3-0 over the former Oedotai Assault Commander. Will the same result occur or can Hazuki spin cycles on the High Speed Genius and return to STARDOM with a win?
  • STARDOM's new member Waka Tsukiyama will have a STARDOM Challenge Series much in the vein of her former AWG cohort Mai Sakurai that'll make the match she had against Emi Sakura at Ichigaya for ChocoPro seem like nothing (even though she got chopped to eternity and beyond):
    • Sunday at the Shinjuku Sumitomo Building vs Tam
    • Monday at the Sendai PIT against Mina
    • September 16th at Korakuen Hall against Giulia
    • September 18th at the Edion #2 against Syuri
    • September 20th at Korakuen Hall against Lady C
    • September 23rd at the Bolfert Toyama against Mayu
    • September 25th at Ota Ward against Mai (Double Challenge)
  • Two matches scheduled for the September 12th and 23rd shows will now be as follows:
    • September 12th - Sendai PIT
      • Giulia (DDM) vs Lady C (Rookie) is now Utami Haysahishita (QQ) vs Lady C (Rookie)
    • September 23rd - Bolfert Toyama 2F
      • Syuri, Giulia and Natsupoi (DDM) vs Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka and Mai Sakurai (CA) is now Syuri, Giulia and Natsupoi (DDM) vs Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka (CA) and Lady C (Rookie)
Also... a new show for November 7th has been announced and it will be at the Fujisan Messe in Shizuoka, at the foot of Mount Fuji. What could be better than wrestling very close to one of the monuments of Japan??
The rest of the cards stay the same and can be found here

Necro

Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2021 Day9 9/4/21 Thoughts

163. Singles Match Kaori “Fukigen Death” Yoneyama defeated Hanan.

Thoughts: I really love Kaori's character, good to see her get the win here. Hanan is certainly fun to watch as well.

164. Singles Match Unagi Sayaka vs. Natsupoi went to a double countout.

Thoughts: Really good match, ending was really cool. Different, I dug it.

165. Singles Match Mayu Iwatani defeated Rina.

Thoughts: Enjoyable match, really love Rina's look. These two had a hard faught match.

166. Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #3 Giulia defeated Mai Sakurai.

Thoughts: Decent enough match, Mai has a ways to go. Dig Giulia's look.
Rating: 2.5

167. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Block Himeka defeated Mina Shirakawa.

Thoughts: Mina is improving, I really enjoyed this match.

168. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Block Konami defeated Takumi Iroha.

Thoughts: Man I think of Macho Man everytime Iroha comes out with the beignning of that song. I love Kaori fuck she's so great haha, those frigging noises she makes. This was a really good match. I enjoy both wrestlers, but Iroha is my favorite in this match.

169. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Block Syuri vs. Utami Hayashishita went to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Thoughts: What a battle. These women gave it their all in this match. Fucking awesome!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
I'm already enjoying this 8/29 from Stardom Show with young talent like Lady C, Hanan, and Mai Sakurai getting more Offense in and needing to work and not actually be squashed in a few minutes time. Should be two great Matches to end this Show with Iroha vs Maika, and Natsupoi vs Starlignt Kid for the High Speed Title!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
If lame heel SLK wins this tournament I will riot.

I mean she just won the High Speed Title it won't shock me if that were to happen. Still she has 3 Matches left and theirs others in the Red Stars Block that can pass her in the Rankings.

CZQUte4.jpg

3y2aia2.jpg

Necro

STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Day 10 Thoughts and ratings

231. Mai Sakurai Challenge Series Match #4 Maika defeated Mai Sakurai.

Thoughts: Mai looked pretty good in this match, she had some solid punches at one point. Obviously she wasn't going to win, but she put on a good effort.

232. Future Of STARDOM Championship Match Unagi Sayaka (c) defeated Waka Tsukiyama.

Thoughts: Waka came out like a ball of fire, for some so new to the sport she really is pretty solid in the ring. Unagi is incredible though so the outcome was obvious. The finishing submission was sick.

233. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match Saya Kamitani defeated Ruaka.

Thoughts: Saya is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Love her skills in the ring, and her mask is awesome. Ruaka is pretty solid in the ring as well. They had a competitive fight, but glad Saya picked up the win.

234. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Momo Watanabe defeated Kaori “Fukigen Death” Yoneyama.

Thoughts: I knew Kaori was going to lose, but holy shit I love her so much haha. Great character work, and every time she fakes smokes her cigarette I crack the hell up. This match was over quickly, leading right into the next mask vs Saki.
Rating: Squash

235. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Momo Watanabe defeated Saki Kashima.

Thoughts: Momo got another win now over Saki. Kaori was helping Saki but still couldn't defeat Momo. Momo is incredible.

236. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Himeka defeated Natsupoi.

Thoughts: This match was great. Himeka is so hard hitting, and Natsupoi put has so much heart. This match was a perfect David vs Goliath battle. Every moment of this match had me on the edge of my seat. The ending was great with Himeka using a version of the torture rack.

237. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Giulia defeated Mina Shirakawa.

Thoughts: This was a great match, really hard hitting. MIna surprised me, I enjoy her but she really brought it this match especially. I'm very sad to see Giulia is out with a neck injury now. She looked like she was hurting in this match.

238. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Red Stars Match Koguma defeated Starlight Kid

Thoughts: This was a great hard hitting matchup. Starlight Kid is showing great potential, and Koguma is really incredible. She's hard hitting, and very crisp. Awesome to see Hazuki back.

239. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match Konami defeated Syuri.

Thoughts: WOW! What a match! These two had a banger, and went at each other with everything they had. The pace of this was fucking crazy. One of the best matches I've seen in awhile.
Rating: 4.5

240. STARDOM 5-Star Grand Prix 2021 Blue Stars Match Takumi Iroha defeated Tam Nakano.

Thoughts: Takumi is easily one of the best joshi's going today IMO, and she had an excellent match with Tam. Tam put up an excellent effort, but could compete with Takumi in the end. This was just as good as the previous match. Epic.
Rating: 4.5

Overall: This one of the best events I've seen in awhile. The two last matches were incredible, and there rest of the matches were great.

Necro

Ogawa says Sakurai and Tsukiyama asked to join Stardom, that more people may be on their way this year and that in the future there's a chance Stardom splits in two or they create a completely new promotion

Lets not have Stardom Raw & Smackdown.