Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I mean Bushiroad does have control of Stardom so why not have Stardom being represented as well. I've been watching Stardom for over 6 Years and it would be a Dream to see this happen for that Company to get that to happen for them down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
so why not have Stardom being represented as well
While, I agree with you and even with Nagata. I will argue that because more people are familiar with New Japan than Stardom as well people are familair with New Japan's style over Stardom's Joshi style, which some may not like.

The thing I do like is seeing guys like Nagata and even Onita who want to women's wrestling, or well Joshi I suppose, to do well and be featured more as their isn't a separation, I think would be the proper term to use, between the two.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think its also that stardom seem to be more interested in growing their japan market. They dont seem interested at all at getting a foothold in America very much , for whatever reason. Njpw has been at it for a good while now so probably will need some patience.

Reactions: Alexa

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I think its also that stardom seem to be more interested in growing their japan market. They dont seem interested at all at getting a foothold in America very much , for whatever reason. Njpw has been at it for a good while now so probably will need some patience.

Honestly, I would love even if one person from Stardom can have a match against an AEW wrestler. But if there is a bright side, the AEW/NJPW supershow, if it becomes a yearly thing, they can enter it in future shows.

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
To follow up it took until what , 2019 for women to be on wrestlekingdom? Seems like this stuff evolves very slowly in sometimes overly conservative Japan

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Honestly, I would love even if one person from Stardom can have a match against an AEW wrestler. But if there is a bright side, the AEW/NJPW supershow, if it becomes a yearly thing, they can enter it in future shows.
I think in the future yes. Ppl do need to realize its njpwxaew n njpw isnt stardom even if its owned by the same entity n rarely even interact w each other or booked by same ppl

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But yes id love to see some womns wrestling. This ppv will 4 sure be a sausagefest

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
The problem of Stardom x AEW is that AEW has/does use wrestler from TJPW, which is a competitor of Stardom

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The problem of Stardom x AEW is that AEW has/does use wrestler from TJPW, which is a competitor of Stardom
Im guessing ddt n njow r on good terms n tjow n stardom arent because stardom "poaches" a lot?

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Im guessing ddt n njow r on good terms n tjow n stardom arent because stardom "poaches" a lot?
DDT and New Japan aren't exactly on good terms, but they can work together, if that makes sense. Nailed it right on the head for stardom. They pretty much "took", I guess is the best way to put it, several talents from AWG as of late so, and also because two companies in Japan usually never work together as both want to look good and all as well so. So, if you had like Mayu Iwatani v Maki Ito then Stardom would strong arm AEW to letting Mayu win or even if it was Maki v Anna Jay they would want Maki to look not that great, if that makes sense.

Also, there has been exceptions to that rule obviously, but still if you understand Japanese work culture and all then you would understand it more.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Can Stardom wrestlers appear on American TV sations? Because of Japanese TV rights shit, Stardoms first 2 WrestleKingdom appearances couldn't be broadcasted.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Can Stardom wrestlers appear on American TV sations? Because of Japanese TV rights shit, Stardoms first 2 WrestleKingdom appearances couldn't be broadcasted.
Don't know if it really counts, but Kairi Sane, Mayu iwatani, and Io Shirai were allowed to be shown in Lucha Underground while under contract with Stardom

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Don't know if it really counts, but Kairi Sane, Mayu iwatani, and Io Shirai were allowed to be shown in Lucha Underground while under contract with Stardom

Truth be told I imagine the WWE saw Io and Kairi from that Match and thought damn these girls would be great in the NXT Women's Division which I guess they had little or no knowledge of Stardom before then. My Dream here and I'm willing to wait because I know the market is there that Stardom does get some Matches involved in joint PPVS down the road. I want more eyes on Joshi and Stardom so any talk or advertising to their Company I'm all for no doubt.

Reactions: Alexa

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
Stardom Cinderella Tournament Final Results (4/29/22)

Ami Sourei def. Mai Sakurai and Waka Tsukiyama
— Future of Stardom Championship: Hanan (c) def. Rina
— Cinderella Tournament Semi-Final: Koguma def. Hazuki
— Cinderella Tournament Semi-Final: MIRAI def. Natsupoi
— Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka & Mina Shirakawa won the Six-Team Gauntlet Match
— High-Speed Championship: AZM (c) def. Mei Suruga
— Cinderella Tournament Final: MIRAI def. Koguma
— World of Stardom Championship: Syuri (c) def. Himeka

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score