SS Result Spoilt by WWE Merch!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
HLzxrFiT.jpg

wwe shop / wwe
WWE Shop are selling a new John Cena T-shirt, emblazoned with “15x” on the back.

The timing of this, just a week and a half before he goes for his sixteenth championship, suggests that Cena won’t be defeating Seth Rollins in their title match at SummerSlam.

If Cena was about become a “16x”, there’s surely no way this “15x” shirt would be getting released right now. Can you imagine the refund requests WWE would get if this shirt becomes out of date after a week?

WWE Shop are even pushing it on their main page, listing it as “15x Authentic Merchandise.”

Either someone on the booking side hasn’t liaised with the merchandising department, or Cena is staying a fifteen time champion for the foreseeable future.

The problem with Cena losing is that Seth Rollins as both a WWE and US Champion doesn’t make much sense. There’s also the narrative of revenge on Cena’s part, as he looks to hit Rollins back for breaking his nose. The logical story is that Cena gets his revenge and wins the titles from the heel. Cena would then drop the US Title in an Open Challenge in the weeks afterwards.

The best advice for now is don’t buy the 15x shirt. If you do, be prepared to take a pen and re-mark it 16x in a week and a half. There’s still every chance that Cena is walking out Champion on August 23rd, and his new merchandise could just be bad timing. Either that or WWE Shop just spoiled the result of one of SummerSlam’s biggest matches.

SOURCE

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
There's also a chance of Cena not competing at SS. But if he does, I imagine the match will end in DQ. Thanks to [HASHTAG]#LOLMaskedKaneInterference[/HASHTAG]

I can see Cena crowned the new WWE-WHC at NOC. Champion vs Champion/Title vs Title makes sense for the concept of NOC PPV.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
oh wow, that's a good point out, I didn't really expect him to win anyway though, if they are giving him his 16th world title WWE is going to make in their minds what they think is the best way possible

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That's why this build has felt so weird though. You'd think they'd be pushing this "16x! Cena's tying Flair's title reign!!!" for all it's worth lol

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Never for a second did I think Cena would get the clean win anyway.
This. What a reasonable spoiler. He was 15x when i'm sure the shirts were made, and he MAY still be one after SS. People need to find better stories to write ffs.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I would be fine with this.

In all honesty, WWE spams the hell out of those DQ finishes and more often than not, they use 'em in a manner where it doesn't help.
But, this way, in a Rollins vs Cena 'Winner Take All' match, a DQ would be of help. It's just a matter of who interferes. I can see either KO or Kane.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I almost don't care in what manner Rollins retains the championship just as long as he does. The finish that I desire the least though is a DQ that allows BOTH men to retain their titles. Don't be cheap and book something as rare as having two belts on the line in the same match if you're not planning on delivering a finish where one of them do in fact leave carrying both titles.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I almost don't care in what manner Rollins retains the championship just as long as he does. The finish that I desire the least though is a DQ that allows BOTH men to retain their titles. Don't be cheap and book something as rare as having two belts on the line in the same match if you're not planning on delivering a finish where one of them do in fact leave carrying both titles.
I bet you would be pissed if Sheamus cashed it in then. Can you just imagine how absurd it would be for seth to get out of there as U.S champion only?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Hold on... this would lead to the demise of the US Title (more than likely), wouldn't it?

:hmm:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!! At long LAST! Hahahahaha the belt is gonna be gonnnnne.. GONNNNNNE, I TELL YOU!

Please oh please don't do some lame DQ. PLEASE. Don't take this from me, Vince! :please:

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hold on... this would lead to the demise of the US Title (more than likely), wouldn't it?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!! At long LAST! Hahahahaha the belt is gonna be gonnnnne.. GONNNNNNE, I TELL YOU!

Please oh please don't do some lame DQ. PLEASE. Don't take this from me, Vince! :please:
What do you think they would put in place of it? WWE has such a hard-on for belts that I can't imagine just two singles champions.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I bet you would be pissed if Sheamus cashed it in then. Can you just imagine how absurd it would be for seth to get out of there as U.S champion only?

Sheamus cashing in successfully in any scenario would piss me off. His heel character is fine to me, but I don't care to ever see him carrying the WWE Championship again. If they want a heel other than Rollins to carry the title for a good 3-4 months, then give it to someone fresh like Bray Wyatt.

Also, it'd likely be Cena that Sheamus cashed in on, not Rollins. Especially since Cena winning it back would be a convenient way of quickly bumping Cena up to the historical 17-time champion mark (officially surpassing Flair.)

...But I don't want to see its demise. I just wanna see it mean something again. I know it's a hopeful attitude that has failed a lot of us time and time again, but in all fairness, I think they've been doing a swell job this past year of making the title seem important again. Sheamus had a pretty decent run as champion, Rusev was booked as an undefeated monster throughout his entire reign (although I could have done with seeing him defeat a larger variety of opponents than just Jack Swagger twenty-eight times in a row), and Cena's weekly Open Challenges have helped in raising the value of the title again, too. All in my humble opinion, of course.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
The U.S title is most def meaning more this year. It's the intercontinental championship that's been needing some attention, you might as well call it a prop.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Could be a good plan to sell 15x shirts and then put more a shit load of 16x shirts but I hope not. Cena shouldn't be champion at this point and all WWE need to do is give Rollins more credibility and give him more feuds where he wins cleanly to fix his reign instead of turning to Cena. IMO, Cena is fine as US Champion and can hopefully put someone over (Cesaro or KO pls? It's not too late!) while Rollins can be a good heel champion before Brock inevitably comes for the title again. I'd be okay with The Authority getting new members (Barrett, possibly Sheamus, The Usos) to attack Cena and go into the final phase of The Authority's storyline.

Oh, and I really want for them to do an IC open challenge. I think that was the plan after WM31, to do Cena vs Bryan after they both did open challenges, but now I'd rather see them try to do an IC open challenge, especially if they decide to make Smackdown relevant again as well and have the IC Championship main event that show.