Sports Crowd Responsible for Daniel Bryan Turning Back?, Backstage News on His Wyatt Family Run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Orton is woeful, incredibly woeful at getting the crowd interested, always has been if I remember rightly; like his runs have always sucked the wind out of everything.

D-Bry, fun to watch, has good crowds for his matches; I wonder what the buyrates would be like if it was Bryan as WWE Champion vs ummm, fuck I have no idea whose actually getting ratings these days so I'll go with my own personal favorite Monster-SD-Heel-WHC Henry kind of deal. (I'm pretty sure if they did that now, the ratings would be much better)

As for the whole angle, I don't mind it; they found away out of it, so no problem and I rather D-Bry come out at Mania with a whole stadium rocking the "YES!" chant than booing him.

Reactions: Tapout

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It is nice to see sports crowd embrace such a talent though but this whole "Yes!" craze is just easy and lucky, anybody could of have used it to a very similar effect.

Exactly, he's basically Zack Ryder with a less goofy catchphrase. WWE's stock must be bombing with such a dork as face of the company, no wonder they gave Batista a blank cheque to save the company.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Exactly, he's basically Zack Ryder with a less goofy catchphrase. WWE's stock must be bombing with such a dork as face of the company, no wonder they gave Batista a blank cheque to save the company.

You just showed how you are the biggest troll on the forums. Obviously you don't keep track of ratings, or WWE's stock because if you did you would realize that ratings have gone up, Bryan segments are high, if not, the highest parts of the show, and WWE's actual stock is through the roof and the highest it has been in years. Batista is an old, beaten, part timer that has no chance in hell even raising ratings, or saving any company.

I'm perfectly fine with people being biased. I'm biased towards anything Jericho, much like Saiyans and Batista. But you're just ignorant and make up lies because Indy wrestlers are the "Anti-Christ" to wrestling. If you're going to claim something like WWE's stock dropping, then you should at least do your research first so you don't come across as a complete idiot.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Everybody stars out on the indies Tapout, think before you post.

You can call Cork a troll all you want, but it also means I can call you a mark for constantly biting into the trap.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You just showed how you are the biggest troll on the forums. Obviously you don't keep track of ratings, or WWE's stock because if you did you would realize that ratings have gone up, Bryan segments are high, if not, the highest parts of the show, and WWE's actual stock is through the roof and the highest it has been in years. Batista is an old, beaten, part timer that has no chance in hell even raising ratings, or saving any company.

I'm perfectly fine with people being biased. I'm biased towards anything Jericho, much like Saiyans and Batista. But you're just ignorant and make up lies because Indy wrestlers are the "Anti-Christ" to wrestling. If you're going to claim something like WWE's stock dropping, then you should at least do your research first so you don't come across as a complete idiot.

lol.

They had to take their PPV's off erm...pay per view because they weren't selling, thanks to Bryan not being a marketable guy...

WWE are gearing their shows towards smarks, it's like the worst business plan ever. Smarks don't have jobs, don't have disposable income because they live on food stamps/benefits, thus won't be paying for WWE Network.

WWE will tank in the next year. The future is bleak, long live TNA!

Oh and I love how everyones defence is "well, Orton isn't a draw either". Orton isn't the focal point of every single show and given the lions share of tv time like Danielson is. lol.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
But if Orton is as good as you make him out to be, then he should be a focal point right?

When Orton is the focal point, the ratings still boomed; so I suppose, at least Orton is consistent at bad ratings and getting bad crowd reactions... He's more overrated than CM Punk is tbh.

Reactions: Tapout

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They had to take their PPV's off erm...pay per view because they weren't selling, thanks to Bryan not being a marketable guy...
They're not taking their PPV's off of Pay Per View. They're offering them through another platform because WWE has been royally fucked by PPV sales shares for 3+ decades now. Assuming even just half of the people who buy PPV's now purchase the WWE Network and watch, WWE will actually make nearly a quarter more in PPV "buys." That's only half of the current numbers. WWE could also have anywhere from 4-5x the number of subscribers to the WWE Network than what may watch Survivor Series and the people don't even have to tune in to the PPV and they're still paying for it... and WWE will make bank. If Daniel Bryan is the reason PPV's will be offered on the App at no additional costs, then he just did great business for Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Comparin' the skill of Ryder to Daniel after that is pretty laughable. Keep up the bad ass trollin' even I was never this good or maybe I was... I don't know anymore.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Question: At what point is one removed from being an "indy guy"?

I remember a wrestler named "Prototype" once upon a time in some indy company. I forget the name. In fact, he looks kind of familiar. :cena3:So did his main feud in that company. :eek:rton: So, my question really is; what is the difference between, this guy and all the "indy guys" that sell just as well and grab ratings just as high as the two previously mentioned?