• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 3/18

Troy

WNW said:
Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):

*World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes to the ring to open the show. He’ll face Brodus Clay in the opening bout. Edge hit the Spear on Clay to win the match. After the match, Alberto Del Rio came in and started attacking the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian came out and made the save before Teddy Long came out. Long announces Del Rio will face Christian in a Steel Cage Match later tonight.

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. WWE United States Champion Sheamus. Winner via Brogue Kick, Sheamus.

* Backstage, Big Show and Kane attempt to chokeslam one another but neither can execute the move.

* “Dashingâ€￾ Cody Rhodes b. Trent Barreta in a squash match. Rhodes had new entrance music.

* Layla b. Kelly Kelly

* Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater vs. Big Show & Kane for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Winners via disqualification, Big Show & Kane. After the match, a brawl ensues with The Corre dominating Show and Kane.

* Jack Swagger b. Chris Masters in the ankle lock submission.

* Rey Mysterio b. Ted DiBiase after hitting 619.

* Christian b. Alberto Del Rio in a Steel Cage Match by escaping the cage. After the match, Del Rio and Brodus Clay took out Christian. Edge made the save but ended up getting beat down as well with chair shots to his arm to end the show.

Okay so the announced mainevent of Edge & Christian vs Slater & Gabriel was cancelled which is a shame since it would have been a good match however it means that there was no chance of them winning the titles.

US champion vs IC Champion strange match-up to have unless WWE are leading to a WM match between the two. Kofi loses AGAIN.

Kane and Show trying to chokeslam each other sounds like a weird backstage segment. Aren't they meant to be tag team partners now?

I like that Kane and Show are being used as a tag team again. They are a legitimate tag team and will add a lot to the division if kept together. The Corre interfering makes sense and they have to announce a WrestleMania match between the two teams soon.

Damn, Masters gets on Smackdown but loses to Swagger. It is good for Swagger though who needs to be built up again since he is in a prominent position at WM.

Ted DiBiase facing Mysterio? As a favour to Rhodes or did Mysterio call him out?

Mainevent will be interesting to see how Clay goes maineventing a singles match on Smackdown. When will they announce what role Christian and Clay will play at WM in the WHC match?

Your thoughts?

ants

Not only did Masters lose to Swagger, I heard after the match Michael Cole left his Cole Mine and put his version of the ankle lock on Masters. Way to bury a dude having Michael Cole put the ankle lock on him.

Are we thinking the whole Corre 4 versus Show and Kane at Mania?

I'd prefer not to have champion v champion at Mania, Kingston should call out an open challenge or SOMETHING. And sheamus can face Bryan in a rematch.

Troy

Why didn't they have Swagger beat Trent Baretta then who was used as a jobber earlier in the show. Masters has been winning on Superstars and now he gets buried on his return to Smackdown.

I am thinking that it will be The Corre vs Kane, Show, Kingston and possibly Christian if he isn't made part of the mainevent.

I would prefer the champions to have other matches as well but I can't understand the motivation behind have IC vs US champion on Smackdown and then the Smackdown champion loses. I do hope that we see Sheamus vs Bryan rematch at WM and as I mentioned above I expect Kofi to be part of the Corre match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Why the hell is the IC and US champion facing eachother wioth no buildup? Are they officially saying those titles don't mean shit? Or Kofi is just that much of a non factor now?

Also, so much for Masters push lol, but it makes Cole look more like an asshole by getting some licks in after Swagger does the dirty work. Actually making Swagger look like a monster all of a sudden. Let's see them do that with someone who isn't a Superstars regular.

Troy

Yeah I don't get it either it just buries the titles. This match should be one that is built up weeks before and should be either on PPV or at the very least mainevent RAW or Smackdown. Not as the opener on Smackdown. Kingston needs to drop that title as it is killing it's reputation having him lose all the time whilt being champion.

I do like what they are doing with Swagger. He is relevant these days and is being pushed up to the level that he was when he was champion. I just don't like that they used Masters in that role.