*SPOILERS* WWE Smackdown Taping Results for 06/07/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
* Smackdown opened with Miz TV featuring Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Kane. The crowd is nuts for Bryan. Kane and Bryan get into a fight because Bryan kept calling himself the weak link. Kane got frustrated and finally stormed off. The Miz asks Daniel Bryan if Team Hell No broke up, and it sounded like he said "yes", but it was very hard to make out. Teddy Long then came out and set up the non-title tag match of Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan.

1. Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat Chris Jericho. Paul Heyman cut a promo as Axel made his way to the ring. Heyman is on commentary for this match. Axel won after C.M. Punk's music played to distract Jericho and Axel was able to get the rollup for the win. HOLY SH** did the Coliseum pop for the music. After the replays aired, Jericho ran back into the ring and attacked Axel, and then nailed Axel with the Codebreaker.

* The Wyatt family promo aired. A backstage segment was shown with Tons of Funk saying that the Wyatt family is weird and that WWE is in big trouble when these guys show up.

* A backstage segment with Kane and Ryback aired. Kane defended Daniel Bryan and Ryback challenged Kane to a match tonight, which Kane accepted.

2. Alberto Del Rio vs. Heath Slater never got started. 3MB attacked ADR and Ricardo Rodriguez before the match but Del Rio and RR ended up being able to get the upper hand with Del Rio making Slater tap and Ricardo hitting a splash on both McIntyre and Mahal outside the ring. Whilst they celebrated in the ring, Ziggler appeared on the titantron and said he was cleared to return and would be at Raw on Monday.

3. Kane beat Ryback by DQ. Ryback powerbombed Kane through a table for the DQ. It may have been ruled a no contest. It was hard to say.

* Damien Sandow is out for a challenge segment with Sheamus again. Sandow says his only intellectual equal is a supercomputer called Deep Blue, which is next to him. Sandow plays a chess game with the computer and there is some funny back and forth with it. Sheamus comes out and tries to play the game. Sheamus says he can beat the game in just one move, and brogue kicks the computer. Sandow goes nuts on Sheamus and actually got the upper hand this time around attacking Sheamus with the table that the computer was on and beating him down. He walked to the back while Sheamus was down.

* There was a backstage segment between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton who said that they don't like each other. It appears as if Bryan is turning heel. Orton suggested that they work together, and Bryan told him to stay out of his way.

* Another Wyatt family promo aired.

4. Fandango beat Zack Ryder. The Miz came out on commentary for this match. The hometown crowd popped for Ryder like it was 2 years ago in MSG. Wade Barrett vs. The Miz vs. Fandango is made official for "Payback". Fandango slipped going to the top rope but went anyway, and won with a top rope leg drop.

* Backstage segment with Kaitlyn and Natalya, Kaitlyn said her secret admirer would be revealed on Raw.

5. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan beat Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns by DQ when Dean Ambrose interfered. The Shield was super over coming out. Ambrose ended up interfering which prompted the DQ. After the match, Bryan fights off The Shield but Orton hits Bryan with a RKO for payback after Bryan accidentally dropkicked Orton during their match. Orton stood there similar to how Punk did after attacking Rock back on RAW 1,000. The crowd booed hard. He stared at Bryan for a while and slowly walked away like a heel. It definitely appeared like a heel turn. It didn't look like a babyface "you got me so I will get you back" moment.

Seems like an okay show, big things happening in regards to story. Lots of backstage segments. All this Bryan stuff is worth watching.

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
And jobber Kane is back for the 1000th time...

Bout time Sheamus didn't get to end a segment/match with a brogue kick and smiles, must be the first time in about 2 years. Feels like it at least.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm not following this report with the suspected turn of Bryan to blink and miss Orton turning heel. Something isn't adding up. I want face/tweener Bryan... and heel Orton, so I'm praying the end segment report is accurate leading to an Orton heel turn.

I still think I'd prefer to have Bryan in a main title feud though. Would have been awesome had he been "injured" by Ryback on Raw and out for 3 months only to return early to make the save as Ryback slaughters Cena on Raw for the belt a few weeks after Payback, leading to a Bryan/Ryback match at SummerSlam for the WWE title... but I guess I am hoping for way too much there.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Managed to find the main event from start to finish.

[video=youtube;jMYDAzZYIks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMYDAzZYIks[/video]

Includes the ending which starts at about 13:30.

Reactions: 1 person

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
A possible Orton heel turn makes me very excited. I cannot stand Orton as a face anymore, and I've always felt he worked best as a heel. Good stuff.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I hope the ending doesn't come off heelish at all so everyone gets in a fit over it :lmao

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Regardless of who's face or heel, Orton-Bryan could be one hell of a feud.

Weez

Reaction score
looked like a Heel turn from the video, although a tame one by Orton's standards.

No Punt Kick? lol

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bet the RKO bit gets cut out off Smackdown.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Definitely looked like a heel turn in the video, decent amount of boos from the crowd as well after it happened so they got into it.

I don't mind Kane being put through the table by Ryback. Kane has always been selfless and put over all the up and coming big guys, it is a nice scalp for Ryback and it doesn't hurt Kane's standing. Someone like Kane is easy to build up as a threat again if they want to.

Curtis Axel's start continues to be weak, this time with a rollup after the music distraction. When will WWE learn that it is actually a smart idea to have a heel win clean all the time to make them look unbeatable. Then when the face inevitably beats the heel it makes it that much bigger of a deal.

I like the fact that Ricardo got physically involved in that match with the splash from the top. Glad that Ziggler is cleared to return next week on RAW, at least that means he will be back for Payback.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I hope the ending doesn't come off heelish at all so everyone gets in a fit over it :lmao

I must admit, that would amuse me quite a bit even though I've been rooting for an Orton heel turn for a while now.

From the video, it definitely seemed like one though, and it is overdue isn't it, Orton has been stale as a face regardless of how much over he was as one.

Going by his 2007-2010 heel run, this is.....benign by those standards, but we shall see in the weeks to come.

Hope he goes even more psycho this time around if the alleged turn sticks.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily