(SPOILERS) WWE Smackdown Taping Results 1/11/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Swerve city, WWE is trying to capitalize on Rock appearances by having on hands on deck trying to regain the old audience with stellar matches and have big things happen.

Expect alot more type of swerves in the near future.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is a must see Smackdown. So much happening

WWE really don't like Del Rio do they. May sound odd to say that after he wins the World title but every time he has won a world title in WWE it has been booked as a completely random fluke win. For this he had no build up and no-one would have predicted him winning a world title. It is a good surprise but I just feel for him that once again he has been put in a great but also tough position. Match sounds good though and at least the match makes Del rio look good. It must have been done to let Ziggler cash in on him rather than Show.

The Rock appearing on Smackdown for the first time in a long time will be good, good seeing him showing up for both brands. Will be good seeing Rhodes Scholars interact with him even if they come out on the losing end.

Orton vs. Cesaro should be good and I like The Shield coming in and attacking Orton again.

3MB getting buried I could have done without. 3MB are clearly not on Sheamus' level but there is no real need to bury them in a 3 on 1 match.

Or you could argue that they love him. Seeing as how his out of nowhere win is on a night where it's sure to have it's highest ratings in years with the Rock on the show.

From a certain point of view.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Or you could argue that they love him. Seeing as how his out of nowhere win is on a night where it's sure to have it's highest ratings in years with the Rock on the show.

From a certain point of view.

They definitely do see something in him but every time he has been given the title he has basically been set up to fail. Hopefully this time he is actually booked as a strong champion.

Is he now face with this win or is he back heel?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He claimed in storyline he wasn't "the good guy" pretty weird to have a good guy say that unless they do a legit redemption angle not sure i've ever seen that in wrestling.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Show sounds suprisely good, the Sheamus squash is the worse part of it and it doesn't do much for him either.

Could see Del Rio holding the title til the Chamber but not as long as Mania.

Reaction score
ADR is heading for a babyface turn. WWE wants him to be their top babyface latino with Rey Mysterio being hurt and Sin Cara being a bust and injury prone as well. I heard this was the original plan for ADR as well to get him to be their top babyface latino guy when he first came into WWE. So far the fans seem to like him. This just means that either Sheamus or Orton will be turning heel and I see it being Orton who needs it at the moment since Sheamus has basically taken Orton's place as the Cena of Smackdown!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
After watching the show, they certainly were pushing Del Rio as a face throughout the night.

Enjoyable show to watch with Punk and The Rock doing good stuff again. Mainevent was really good and they sold Del Rio well as a fighter and a battler. Still a really random win but they booked the match well. Crowd wents nuts for the victory and it wasnt just piped in sound, you could see the crowd on their feet cheering.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 01/11/2013 - Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)