(SPOILERS) WWE Smackdown Taping Results 1/11/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
(SPOILERS) WWE Smackdown Taping Results 1/11/13 - TITLE CHANGE!

Introductions for Smackdown were made. Lilian Garcia came out to what seemed like one of her own songs and she received a good reaction. JBL followed, which sadly enough did not get much of a reaction. Wow, how wrestling has changed. Garcia asked everyone to look at the screen for a video.

C.M. Punk and Paul Heyman were shown at SunLife stadium. Punk ripped UM and The Rock while holding a Rock jersey, which he put it on. Punk continued to rip The Rock and saying it was his house now. Punk reminded us it was the first time Rock has been on Smackdown in ten years.

The Rock opened Smackdown to the biggest pop of the night! Rock showed the UM sign with his hands and the fans ate it up. The Rocky chants were nonstop, which followed with The Rock saying finally The Rock has come home. The Cookie Puss chant then followed. The Rock gave a shout out to Flo Rida, who was in attendance. The Rock said how upset he was that CM Punk didn't show up tonight. Cookie Puss started all over again. The Rock spoke about how his brothers from the U like Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis gave it all every time on the field.

In the middle of Rock's spot, Rhode Scholars came out and entered the ring. Damien Sandow started on the mic to remind us of who he is and his partner is. Cody Rhodes then got on the mic and seemed a little nervous speaking to Rock. He let Rock know who the next champs will be when they defeat Team Hell No. He told Rock to leave before he had no choice.

The Rock revamped what just happened in only the way The Rock can. He ripped Cody and his lisp and mustache, which was classic. Cody wasn't to happy. Caterpillar lip. Epic! Sandow did his three question routine. He asked Rock to answer the three questions in order to stay. If he didn't, then he said Rock had to leave. Cody reminded us that Rock went to Miami so he may not be able to answer. The first question asked is who was the 18th President, and Rock answers Rutherford B. Hayes, which is correct. Cody then asks The Rock what movie won Best Picture in 1993, and Rock answers correctly with Schindler's List. The Rock interrupts and asks Damien the third question. What happens when you combine a geological aggregate of minerals with its lowest form? He answers Rock Bottom and is hit with one by The Rock. Cody was ready to fight but got a beatdown as well with the People's Elbow to end the segment. Crowd went crazy when he hit his finishers.

Booker T came out and said this Smackdown would be better than Raw. He announced Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton, The Rock in the ring (but not sure for what. Think the segment that opened the show must air later on), and Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio in a last man standing match.

Big Show entered and was not happy at all. Show got on the mic and calls out Booker T's actions, and says Booker has it in for him. He then goes on to say it is personal (between him and ADR). He pointed out the high Latino population in Miami as the reason Del Rio is getting the opportunity and let us know there are no Latino heroes. Pretty funny. Show started roughing up Booker until Del Rio came ran down to save him. Del Rio handed Show a quick beat down and everyone walked away.

A video aired. Antonio Cesaro officially entered the Royal Rumble match.

1. Randy Orton defeated U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro by DQ when The Shield interfered. Orton came out to a good crowd reaction. Good action and Orton was in control and was setting up for an RKO until The Shield jumped Orton and caused the DQ. Typical move set with the powerbomb by The Shield to take out Orton. Refs attended to Orton and the segment ended. The crowd cheered Orton as he stood up and exited the ring.

Matt Striker is backstage with 3MB. They talk about how they are going to be in the Royal Rumble, and how they have a score to settle with Sheamus.

2. Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee (w/Big E Langston) defeated The Great Khali and Natalya (w/Hornswoggle). I have to add AJ is smoking hot. Khali and Ziggler started with Ziggler tagging AJ, much to her surprise. A typical mixed tag match with Ziggler and AJ winning. AJ got the pin on Natalya after hitting her finisher. After the match, Langston and Ziggler roughed up Khali. Hornswoggled tried to help, but Big E performed his finisher on him. I think Hornswoggle is dead.

3. Sheamus defeated Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, and Jinder Mahal in a handicap match. Nothing different than Monday really. Filler match. Sheamus destroyed them. I like 3MB but they are just wiping posts at this point. Damn shame.

4. Kane and Daniel Bryan defeated The Prime Time Players. Team Hell No completely destroyed them. Daniel Bryan kept selling his knee injury throughout the match. Kane hit a chokeslam and finished off PTP. Yet another squash match. The crowd did their YES! chant. Need I remind you WrestleMania in Miami is where it started to get big?

5. Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing match to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Del Rio got a good pop. I guess Show was right. Good mix in the ring. Show quickly got a table and put Del Rio through it. Start the count. Up at 6. Bring on the chair. Del Rio got best of Show with the chair and then used a cool armbar that didn't work out to well. Del Rio went back to the offense. Show quickly recovered. Bring on another table.

Del Rio drop kick show though the table. Start the count. Show up at six. Del Rio put a sleeper hold on Show that didn't work too well either. Show chokeslammed Del Rio. Start the count. Up at nine. Show put Del Rio though the barricade. I don't know how, but Show got up at nine. Wow!!

Show performed the WMD on Del Rio, but Del Rio got up at six. Show tagged him with another WMD, but Del Rio got up at eight. Ricardo tried to help Del Rio and brought on the stairs. Show missed and went into the corner post. Show was stunned. Del Rio threw the stairs into Show twice. Show was still standing. Del Rio hit him three times with stairs. OMG moment. Show went down. Del Rio flipped the announcers' table on Show to start the count. Del Rio wins the belt.

The show looks like it starts off quite good and will be entertaining to watch. CM Punk doing another good segment/promo that I'm keen to see. Need to do more with The Rock tho. But eh. Shouldn't put too much into SmackDown. Matches so far sound like shit and I could not care for all this 3mb garbage. HOLY SHIT DEL RIO WINNING THE BELT. WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN AFTER THIS DOMINANT STREAK FROM SHOW?

WWE.com said:
MIAMI — With the crowning of a new World Heavyweight Champion, the Jan. 8, 2013, episode of SmackDown cemented its place in blue brand history just one week before its landmark 700th episode.

On the same night The Rock made his eagerly anticipated return to Friday night’s best show, Alberto Del Rio seized the spotlight and defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match to claim the World Heavyweight Championship.

The Mexican Aristocrat heroically battled The World’s Largest Athlete in an absolutely brutal showdown, literally taking The World’s Largest Athlete to his limit en route to an historic victory.

Del Rio’s title triumph stands as his first World Heavyweight Championship and his third World Title overall. His victory also shows, once again, that anything can happen on SmackDown at any time!

See how it went down and witness the return of The Rock to the blue brand, this Friday at 8/7 CT only on SmackDown on Syfy.

Del%20Rio%20wins%20ARTICLE%20IMAGE%20FINAL.jpg

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Good for Del Rio Ricardo i wonder if Big Show failed the wellness 8D, no but in all seriousness this is a little strange i'm not mad at it but i would of had Dolph, Bryan, Christian, Sheamus all ahead of him to win the belt.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Dolph will cash in on him. I don't think they wanted Dolph to cash in on Show. But anyways, wow. Way to shake up the Main Event scene on Smackdown. Have to say, I like it.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Seems odd to have Show lose the belt on a barely hyped SD show, hopefully he hasn't been injured or failed a wellness test. Hopefully a new Champ doesn't mean Sheamus gets right back in the Title mix, he needs to go job to 3MB for a year so we can all forget how bad his WHC reign was.

Dolph will cash in on him. I don't think they wanted Dolph to cash in on Show. But anyways, wow. Way to shake up the Main Event scene on Smackdown. Have to say, I like it.

That does make sense, but a shame for ADR, he deserves a proper World Title reign after WWE made a joke out of his first 2.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Wow definitely something I didn't see coming. Let's see if he actually gets a decent run with the title unlike his first two WWE title runs. Rest of the show looks meh. Orton versus Cesaro should be good if it's given 8-10 minutes before the DQ

Reaction score
I was reading the spoilers on another website as the show was going on and yeah what a shocker here. I'm happy for ADR, but I hope he gets a solid run and not cashed on at RR. Give him some time with it and maybe do so at EC or even WrestleMania, give Ziggler his WM moment.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here's some pics from SD. Punk segment looks sweet. Also, I'd love to be backstage at a WWE event. lol. And judging by that camera feed pic. It looks like there's a camera in gorilla.

cn0t9.jpg

sk3ye.jpg

Yuxk9.jpg

KM803.jpg

Edit: And some more pics.

34udh.jpg

FKOLV.jpg

2iNKv.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Sweet pics.

Glad Del Rio wins, I hope to see Christian/Del Rio/Ziggler at Mania for the WHC.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Good for Del Rio Ricardo i wonder if Big Show failed the wellness 8D, no but in all seriousness this is a little strange i'm not mad at it but i would of had Dolph, Bryan, Christian, Sheamus all ahead of him to win the belt.

Very unusual. Id agree with you except Sheamus he doesn't need it again quite yet. Wonder if we'll get the rematch at Rumble?

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome Smackdown for once, even if they are at "THUG University"

I don't like Sheamus burying 3MB again for absolutely no reason other than Creative giving the fans another SuperCena V2, but the rest of the show sounds great

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is a must see Smackdown. So much happening

WWE really don't like Del Rio do they. May sound odd to say that after he wins the World title but every time he has won a world title in WWE it has been booked as a completely random fluke win. For this he had no build up and no-one would have predicted him winning a world title. It is a good surprise but I just feel for him that once again he has been put in a great but also tough position. Match sounds good though and at least the match makes Del rio look good. It must have been done to let Ziggler cash in on him rather than Show.

The Rock appearing on Smackdown for the first time in a long time will be good, good seeing him showing up for both brands. Will be good seeing Rhodes Scholars interact with him even if they come out on the losing end.

Orton vs. Cesaro should be good and I like The Shield coming in and attacking Orton again.

3MB getting buried I could have done without. 3MB are clearly not on Sheamus' level but there is no real need to bury them in a 3 on 1 match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Deffo tuning in for this, plenty of watchable stuff.

The Rock's stuff is expected, something simple to get fans to tune in but not anything they want to waste blowing their load on a taped SmackDown for.

3MB are fucking horrible, legitimately woeful and should be counting themselves lucky to be even on TV.

Orton / Cesaro could be a stella match if given the time

ADR / Big Show seems like a must watch too even if it does seem like a pretty odd decision to do at the time. I'm not really a fan of Del Rio but I just wish they would make their minds up with him, he seems to be flip flopping from heel to face constantly.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nice swerve.

Never liked Big Show as a top guy but to his credit he's hardly been a terrible champ. Thought Ryback vs Show was a dead on cert for Mania so god knows what'll happen now, guess we wont be certain till after the Chamber.

Cesaro is class in the ring and he'll prol be 'that guy' who eliminates a shit load of peeps and ends up being the surprise guy in the final 4.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Such a strange move. They take the belt off a guy who's been on a dominant run as champion and give it to someone who's had hardly any momentum for well over a year now. I guess they don't want Big Show in the World title picture leading up to WrestleMania and wanted to take it off him before Royal Rumble.

The show does look good this week though, I'll probably tune in if I get the chance.

Reaction score
My guess after all this is a major change has been made for WrestleMania. I don't see ADR having the belt going into WM, but at the same time I don't see Dolph Ziggler as the WHC either heading into WM. So either Sheamus or Orton wins the WHC EC match and one of the two becomes #1 contender because I do not see either winning the Rumble and Ziggler cashes in on one of them at WM. Or we're going to see a much different WHC match at WM. It's all up in the air, but I think we're going to see something different because Sheamus/Orton has been done more than a few times and it's not as good as a feud like Triple H/Orton, Orton/Cena, and etc.