*Spoilers* The Dolph Ziggler Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you haven't seen Smackdown this week then there are some spoilers contained in this thread.

Dolph Ziggler was awarded the title on Smackdown only to lose it about ten minutes later. Then he was fired by Teddy Long because he was the one who attacked Teddy.

What will happen with Ziggler now? Will he be brought back to Smackdown by Vickie or will he now go to RAW? If he does go to RAW what chance does he have of getting in the WWE title scene?

Reaction score
If he goes to Raw he will be buried. Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Sheamus, and a returning Triple H are going to be the WWE Title mix. Miz will get buried when he loses the title to Cena at Wrestlemania. So in reality it will be Orton, Cena, and Triple H. Sheamus is getting buried at the moment and there looks to be no upside. He has NEVER beat Orton and looks weak against him. CM Punk will probably get buried by Orton in their current feud. Triple H will come back and bury everyone in his path.

If Dolph comes to Raw, he will just be lost in the mix. I would see him in the US Title scene and maybe a few title matches. But I don't see him being a big name. He will be just like The Miz and Barrett (when he was on Raw). He will look strong 30% of the time and then get beat by the big names.

I really don't want to see Dolph get lost in the mix. He does have the look to be a MAJOR player in the WWE. But it seems the writing staff really has no idea for him. I see him more like a Jack Swagger type. Great talent, look, mic skills, and heat from the crowd. But the writing staff is just clueless on what to do.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But after being "fired" by Teddy Long it seems like the most likely solution is for him to be moved to RAW and for someone else to be switched from RAW to Smackdown to replace him.

On RAW it will be much harder for him to be in the mainevent scene since there is so much competition there. There is no real upper midcard either as there seems to be a huge drop off between the mainevent and the next level. One other issue is on RAW there aren't many faces for him to go against, there are more heels than faces and so unless a heel like Sheamus switches brands he will struggle.

I think that he has the talent to be in the mainevent on RAW but he will struggle for opportunities. He was better off on Smackdown and creative may be doing his a dis-service by moving him to RAW if that does happen.

Reaction score
Troy, your 100% right on the level in between main event and uppercard scene. Here is how I think the levels are.

-Cena and Orton (add Triple H since he will return)
-CM Punk

-Sheamus and Miz
-John Morrison

-Daniel Bryan
-R-Truth
-Mark Henry
-Ted Dibiase
-Rest of Nexus

Reaction score
BTW, I really think Sheamus would be a great mix on Smackdown. He would have some good feuds against Edge, Mysterio, and Undertaker. Plus he could start a stable with Drew McIntyre (as we saw at the Rumble). It would be a good idea to rebuild him on Smackdown.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree with your split of the levels on RAW, that is how I would have it. It is a huge gap between the top five and the rest, Morrison is close to the top five but he is still some way off.

It would be good for Sheamus to go to Smackdown. He has been pushed down the card on RAW in recent months since his last title reign and could use a change of scenery. New feuds for him over there since he has feuded with all the big faces on RAW. Plus it will give Smackdown some more options and like you said may help get Drew McIntyre into the mainevent.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Sheamus is one guy that I could see getting drafted. He could use a change of scenery and would be a great addition. He could rebuild himself and also help Drew out. I am a huge McIntyre fan so I would love to see it. Sheamus has gotten buried lately and could use Smackdown to help him out big time.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Dolph will probably find some way back onto Smackdown, and Teddy Long, being the pushover that he is, won't be able to stop him being there. I don't really see any point in him moving to Raw, unless WWE want Vickie on Raw.

Regarding Sheamus, he definitely needs a change. He's been lost in the shuffle and somehow has found himself beneath Miz in the pecking order. He probably will move to Smackdown soon enough, once the Triple H storyline is tied up, of course.