*Spoilers* Smackdown for 8/17/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday, August 17, 2012)

A recap of last week and the beat down on Shemaeus by Alberto Del Rio opens SmackDown. Del Rio is out to start the show and is demanding that he get his championship match back at SummerSlam.

Booker T is out to confront Del Rio. Booker T says that a man does not dress goons up in cop suits and attack one man. Chris Jericho comes out and goes off on Del Rio and calls him a yapping dog. Jericho starts speaking Spanish and says that Del Rio’s breath smells like dog s–t in Spanish. Yes, he’s speaking in Spanish. Jericho says that he wants to take Del Rio’s spot at SummerSlam. The main event tonight is set, and it will be Jericho vs. Del Rio. I am assuming it’s for the World title shot at SummerSlam, but I’m confirming that.

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. The Miz and Cody Rhodes. Rey hits the 619 while Cody is trying to take of Sin Cara’s mask and gets the win after the top rop dive. After the match, Mysterio hit the Miz with a 619 after Miz tried to sneak attack him. Heck of a match, Rey and Sin Cara are amazing together.

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan is announced for later tonight.

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks beat two jobbers. Hawkins and Reks are doing some new stipper “Magic Mike†dance gimmick now.

William Regal is backstage telling Eve how powerful he was when he was the GM. Workers then came up to Regal and asked him to take the trash out.

Teddy long is out at the announce booth to commentate during the Divas match between Eve and Kaitlyn. Eve defeated Kaitlyn to become Booker T’s new assistant. Short, sloppy match.

Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan. Kane faked his entrance to distract Bryan, and Orton nailed him with an RKO to get the pin.

Daniel Bryan is staying in the ring with the mic screaming “No No!,†and says he won’t leave until the people stop chanting “YES!†Triple H comes out and pedigrees him. This likely won’t make the air.

It’s announced that WWE will return to Austin for a live event on January 11th. The pre-sale password is AUSCENA.

Santino comes out for color commentary. Antonio Cesaro defeated Zack Ryder in less than a minute. After the match, Santino hit Cesaro.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho is up next. Del Rio is out first. Jericho is coming out and is attacked by Ziggler, who screams to Jericho to not overlook him. The match has started, looks like Jericho is going to wrestle hurt.

After the match, Ziggler and Del Rio double team Jericho until Sheamus makes the save. Del Rio attacks Sheamus, but Sheamus makes a comeback and Del Rio escapes through the crowd. Booker T comes out to address the situation. Booker tells Sheamus that he should not be there. Sheamus demands that his rematch with Del Rio get re-instated. Booker originally says “no,†but Sheamus keeps pleading. After Sheamus said “please†like three times, Booker relented and said that the match is back on for SummerSlam.

After the cameras stopped rolling, Del Rio sneaks back up on Sheamus. Sheamus and Del Rio fight into the crowd and Sheamus gets the upper hand. Sheamus then stood victorious as Del Rio ran away again.

Really a strong go home show for Summerslam. Everything made sense but I am somewhat still surprised that Christian and Orton are not booked at Summerslam but I like the build they used here to make it good for Summerslam. Can't really see any faults in this show really. Will tune in.

Last edited by a moderator:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Re: *Spoilers* Smackdown for Friday

Does look like a solid show but don't see how everything makes sense. With the Ziggler match already announced and that feud pretty entrenched Jericho was never getting the title shot.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Does look like a solid show but don't see how everything makes sense. With the Ziggler match already announced and that feud pretty entrenched Jericho was never getting the title shot.

It was a good teaser in one way. The live crowd would have loved it for sure, I'm just very surprised Orton isn't given a title shot.

AF.

Reaction score

Seems like an average show. Bryan probably losing at SummerSlam, he never wins.

Lewb

Reaction score

It was already reported Orton would not have a role at Summerslam somewhere else. I would have preferred to see Kaitlyn pick up the win over Eve. The matches sound solid enough so I'll catch this some point.

Aniking

Reaction score

Jericho wanting to take Del Rio's spot is dumb and temporarily made the Jericho/Ziggler match a tad meaningless, until Ziggler attacked Jericho and told him to not overlook him. Good save.

Hawkins/Reks gimmick sounds shit and they're probably only going with it so they're booked again.

Everything else sounds alright. I doubt I'll watch it though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I have been paying more attention to SD than raw in recent weeks and this sounds decent again so will give it a look.

TKK

Reaction score
This show sounds pretty decent. I don't care about how shitty their new gimmick is, seeing Reks and Hawkins win made this show for me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Decent enough promo to open the show. One positive about Booker being GM is getting to hear that awesome music every week :mark:

I swear Rey/Cara have some sort of heat, their embrace before the match started seemed less than genuine. Was an alright little tag match but the finish was really well done with the attempted mask removal leading into the 619.

Ok so this Reks & Hawkins thing is gay, extremely gay. Yeah that whole thing was just uncomfortable to watch.

Poor Regal, handling the trash duties :(

Not sure about Eve winning the Divas match, the logical progression would be that Booker gives her derogatory jobs to do like Johnny did to Teddy.

Goat 1 :DB: vs. Goat 2 :RO: time :mark: Thought this was a very good match and would love to see a full on feud between the two. Great leg work by Bryan and I loved the finish, builds towards the match at SummerSlam with Kane and also adds to his unstableness.

Ryder getting squashed, WOO WOO WOO YOU SUCK BRO. Santino was pretty funny on commentary for the short time it lasted.

Dolph with that old school backstage beatdown :mark:

Decent enough main event, but I thought the after the match stuff was the best part with Sheamus returning and having a mini-brawl with Del Rio.

DelRio/Sheamus Jericho/Ziggler Bryan/Kane Cesaro/Santino and Rey/Miz was all pushed nicely on this go home show.

DashX

Reaction score
The show sounds alright, it looks there really isn't anything on the show that is going to blow me away. I kinda hope that Hawkins and Reks stripping is a one time thing and over the weeks they do gimmicks from other movies.

Reaction score
Regal as the Kip James of WWE, lol.

Good go-home show.

SS better not disappoint.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Finally got around to watching this

A pretty basic opening promo that solved nothing except book a main event.

WWE Smackdown 08/17/2012 - Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & The Miz
Very short match that was noticeable at how much the fans respond to Rey but not to Sin Cara. Cody was made to look like a complete BITCH!!! with the whole mask thing. *1/2

Local Jobber Wrestlers vs. Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks
Reks and Hawkins come out in suits, but start to strip. YEP START TO STRIP!!!, I guess it's a way for them to get noticed, but it was disturbing. Then again, that's probably the idea. Anyway this was a Squash to get the new Chippendale gimmick over. DUD!

Poor Regal he's so above this. The only good thing about this is you got to see how AMAZING Regal's comedic timing is.

Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres
The winner here becomes Booker T’s assistant. What a waste of 2 minutes Just a squash match in an important story line match. 8D

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan
Daniel is so over that it puts a smile on my face. This match was good but it was like the writers said "i just want you both to go out and tease the crowd" I'm telling you now if this gets 20 minutes on a PPV, OH FUCK!!!, I also didn't mind the Kane-interference to costs Bryan the victory as it helps build the Kane/Bryan match at Summerslam, which has been one of the better builds for this Summerslam PPV. ***

Zack Ryder vs. Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana)
Santino Marella was fun for the 2 minutes that this match lasted. Yeah this what I said it was a SQUASH. Nothing match to hype the youtube SummerSlam match with Santino and make Ryder look like a jobber still. DUD!

Chris Jericho is in the back headed towards the ring but is attacked by Dolph Ziggler who rams a cherry-picked into his arm; Booker T shows up and gets in Dolph’s face and tosses him. AWESOME!!!!

Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)
a after seeing the attack, Del Rio teases Jericho and insists he wins by forfeit. He demands Booker T reinstate the title match again but Jericho makes his appearance. He tells referee Scott Armstrong to ring the bell. And we get a damn solid match which could of been allot better. I liked Jericho selling the Arm and Rib injury from bell-to-bell which added allot to the match and the storytelling for Del Rio to work on the arm even more for the Armbar. I didn't even mind Del Rio using a enziguri for the win. Post-match, a frustrated Del Rio applies the cross-armbreaker as Dolph shouts in his face. Sheamus makes an appearance to save Jericho. Well, the save was incidental as he just wants to kick Alberto’s ass. Sheamus has his arm bandaged from the attack. They brawl onto the floor and Del Rio runs away into the crowd. GM Booker appears, he asks why Sheamus is even in the building. Sheamus wants the match at Summerslam to be reinstated to get some of Alberto. Booker questions his injuries but eventually reinstates the match. **1/2

TKK

Reaction score
Wow, I was wrong - that Magic Mike shit was horrible. I'm hoping that Hawkins and Reks switch gimmicks weekly from now on, until they go back to their Sons Of Change gimmick from NXT.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What I will say about that Eve things is that she has impressed me in that stuck up heel role and I can see some entertaining TV with her and Booker working together.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Summary some good action epsically in the main event and Bryan/Orton matches, good build for slam but too many squashs. Solid but not the best sd of recent weeks.