*SPOILERS* FOR THIS WEEK'S WWE SMACKDOWN 8/3/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
* Vince McMahon kicks off this week's show to a big pop and talks about the new General Manger. He introduces Booker T to a decent reaction.

* Alberto Del Rio interrupts things which brings out Sheamus. Booker has Sheamus and Del Rio booked in separate matches tonight. Del Rio protests and says he's not wrestling until SummerSlam. Booker announces Del Rio vs. Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Tensai, which is up first.

* Sheamus defeated Tensai.

* Backstage segment with Eve Torres. She wants a job with Booker T. Instead, Booker hires Teddy Long as his Senior Adviser.

*Antonio Cesaro defeated United States Champion Santino Marella in a non-title match. Cesaro wants a title shot.

Backstage interview with Daniel Bryan and Matt Striker. Bryan is wearing a "no, no, no" t-shirt. He wants the fans to stop saying yes but they do anyway.

*Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz beat Kane, Christian and Chris Jericho.

Striker is backstage with Randy Orton. Orton says he's going to defeat Del Rio later tonight.

* Ryback beat Jinder Mahal via DQ. The crowd was into Ryback, but barely any Goldberg chants. Jinder hit Ryback with a mic for the DQ. Mahal then ran up the ramp in fear of Ryback.

Prime Time Players came out for the next match. Yes, A.W. was mic’ed for sound.

* Darren Young beat WWE tag champion R-Truth. A.W. introduced his team, as usual, and used his headset mic at ringside. Lots of shenanigans. Young won in about two minutes after five distractions.

Raw recap next, then the main event. Ricardo Rodriguez came out to introduce Alberto Del Rio.

Layla congratulated Booker T backstage. Cody Rhodes confronted GM Booker T. Booker announced Cody vs. Sin Cara for next week. Booker quotable: “I didn’t call you sucker. I called you sucka.”

Randy Orton defeated Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) by DQ. Ricardo entered the ring and attacked Orton as he was going to set up the RKO, which caused the DQ finish. They both went up the ramp when Sheamus ran down behind Del Rio, threw him inside the ring, and into Orton's RKO. Orton posed as the taping ended.
Will update

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: *LIVE SPOILERS* FOR THIS WEEK'S WWE SMACKDOWN 8/3/12

Sucks that booker is off commentary, but having him as GM could be fun. And A "no, no, no" t-shirt. :mark:

Blizzard

Reaction score
Re: *LIVE SPOILERS* FOR THIS WEEK'S WWE SMACKDOWN 8/3/12

Looking forward to Booker T as G.M., it's something fresh and new. At least it's not Teddy or Vickie again. And Cesaro beats Santino again cleanly, he should of had his U.S. Title match already and won. Hopefully it'll happen soon.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Woder if this means Josh announces on ppv or moves to a full time 3 man. Booth on both shows. Striker may also get another chance on tv if they choose to have Cole leave sd

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Regal will get promoted from nXt and leave Saxton & JR carrying that.

Booker will be lulz.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Regal better get in on commentary now. I'm happy for Booker though, ITS GOING TO BE ON LIKE A STEAMING POT OF NECK BONE DAWG.

Aniking

Reaction score
Booker T is a good choice for General Manager, probably a better choice than AJ was for Raw. Adding Teddy Long as his Advisor is a nice move to keep Long involved but not as General Manager. Definitely better than somebody like Ryder or Marella, who'd be used for comedic value.

I don't like the fact Antonio Cesaro beat Santino Marella... but there's a reason why. He has now beaten Marella two Smackdowns in a row, but next week it'll be for the title. Who do you think will win that? :no:

Don't like the fact Young beat Truth very quickly, but I guess I'll have to watch it to understand it fully. Still, Young & O'Neil both winning singles matches suggests, to me, that Kingston & Truth will retain. They won't have Kingston & Truth both lose individually then as a tag team too.

Everything else looks alright.

Lewb

Reaction score
They have nothing for Randy to do by the looks of it. I can see him worming into the title match to add a big name to the championship picture for summerslam. Might put Mysterio in to stop it being 2 triple threats tho. I like Cesaro winning. I think there won't be a title match until Summerslam but Santino will probably retain.

Not a great show. I'll probably pick it up some point this weekend to see the no no no t-shirt and the announcement of booker t.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
So much for ADR not wrestling til SummerSlam. I hope they don't decide to put Orton in the World Title match though because quite frankly he doesn't deserve it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
This actually looks pretty solid. Booker in short segments could be very entertaining. I too wonder if they will put Orton in the title match, I don't think they need to though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will do an actual review in the reviews thread but this was decent if not as good as some recent weeks.

Booker is a good choice and what he has in common with the AJ appointment is that it takes things in a bold new direction.

Apart from the six man tag which was excellent the rest ranged from aveage to poor.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just realised, my recorded SmackDown didn't have the Cesaro and Six-Man match, no wonder I thought it was short :argh: