- Spoiler - Next HOF inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Full story:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17789/wwe-to-induct-bruno-sammartino-into-hof

Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in Madison Square Garden. The announcement will be made on Raw. WWE released the story to ESPN.

This story was hinted at last night on Live Audio Wrestling. It was kept secret from virtually everyone in WWE and Sammartino had an agreement not to release it ahead of WWE.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
@Testify @"Senhor Perfect" - Read the ESPN article...

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I did, IMO HHH offered him some money or the chance to make some money through DVDs and such. You don't go from NEVER! To OK no problem over a conversation, my opinion stands.

Reactions: Testify

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit..

That's awesome. The man deserves it.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
This just seems strange to me for him to be very critical of the direction the wwe has taken and for his name to not be associated with the HOF and him turning them down of a number of occasions.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Pop Tatari said:
This just seems strange to me for him to be very critical of the direction the wwe has taken and for his name to not be associated with the HOF and him turning them down of a number of occasions.

''Business''

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
I did, IMO HHH offered him some money or the chance to make some money through DVDs and such. You don't go from NEVER! To OK no problem over a conversation, my opinion stands.

But his reasoning for never wanting to join was because of the drugs and the profanity that he believes ruined wrestling in the 90's. He didn't want to be associated with what he believed was something promoting steroid use. Obviously times have changed since then, so Triple H showing proof of this would obviously help him change his mind.

The guy obviously has a lot of pride and from what I've seen has the most untarnished legacy of all the greats. I'm sure he wouldn't want to ruin both because he was offered a sum of money.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Senhor Perfect said:

This, and I also still stand that he sold out. I really don't care about his "explanation" about why will join after all, it's just excuses.

In my eyes, he's still a legend, but I look him with a little less respect now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Testify said:
This, and I also still stand that he sold out. I really don't care about his "explanation" about why will join after all, it's just excuses.

In my eyes, he's still a legend, but I look him with a little less respect now.

In my opinion, that's an incredibly narrow-minded viewpoint to take. Who cares if he wants to enter the hall of fame? The hall of fame that does mean so much to people... whether we regard it as prestigious or not. When you look at him you think of what HE has done and what HE has accomplished; entering the hall of fame has only added another accomplishment.

People change, Bret Hart is proof of that. Sometimes it takes a lot of time. Good for him.