- Spoiler - Next HOF inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Always figured he would go in eventually anyway. Not to take anything away from Triple H for getting the job done, but a lot of these older guys eventually swallow their pride and bury the hatchet with whoever they have issues with. Bret once said he would never work with Vince again in any capacity and that if they invited him to the HOF ceremony, he wouldn't show up, but he ended up doing both.

I still think Bruno's change of viewpoint is a bit surreal because him deciding to go in because Triple H showed him a video of the product proving the profanity and vulgarity wasn't really present any longer shows that Bruno hasn't paid much attention to the product for quite awhile, which makes his criticisms of it pretty off base. I also like how he has problem with the profanity and such but not the violence from back in his days - blade jobs and blood, having people believe it was all real whereas people now know it's a show, etc. His criticisms of Hogan also always seemed pretty odd ("his finisher was weak and exposed the business", "my grandmother could do a better legdrop") considering he lost his 8 year title reign in less than ten minutes to a guy who's finisher was nothing more than a flying knee drop.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Always figured he would go in eventually anyway. Not to take anything away from Triple H for getting the job done, but a lot of these older guys eventually swallow their pride and bury the hatchet with whoever they have issues with. Bret once said he would never work with Vince again in any capacity and that if they invited him to the HOF ceremony, he wouldn't show up, but he ended up doing both.

He actually said he would never work with Vince again in any capacity, but he would go if they invited him to the HOF ceremony. Yes I'm being picky.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:

I still think Bruno's change of viewpoint is a bit surreal because him deciding to go in because Triple H showed him a video of the product proving the profanity and vulgarity wasn't really present any longer shows that Bruno hasn't paid much attention to the product for quite awhile, which makes his criticisms of it pretty off base. I also like how he has problem with the profanity and such but not the violence from back in his days - blade jobs and blood, having people believe it was all real whereas people now know it's a show, etc. His criticisms of Hogan also always seemed pretty odd ("his finisher was weak and exposed the business", "my grandmother could do a better legdrop") considering he lost his 8 year title reign in less than ten minutes to a guy who's finisher was nothing more than a flying knee drop.

I don't know, a knee drop from the turnbuckle (was Koloff's from there? I think it was) sounds much more damaging than a regular leg drop.

But nonetheless, good. It always felt weird for Sammartino not to be there.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Leo C said:
I don't know, a knee drop from the turnbuckle (was Koloff's from there? I think it was) sounds much more damaging than a regular leg drop.

That's because it wasn't a regular leg drop, it was the Immortal Leg Drop.

In all seriousness, a flying knee drop still seems pretty weak and simplistic as a finisher to me. Most finishers are, but it's something silly for Bruno to complain about. I'm pretty sure a suplex hurts more than both.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
That's because it wasn't a regular leg drop, it was the Immortal Leg Drop.

In all seriousness, a flying knee drop still seems pretty weak and simplistic as a finisher to me. Most finishers are, but it's something silly for Bruno to complain about. I'm pretty sure a suplex hurts more than both.

No doubt there. If he's complaining about a leg drop there are lots of other finishers he should be complaining about, knee drop included or not, it ends up not being the case. Silly complaint on that regard.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Bruno Sammartino reportedly approached the WWE Hall of Fame offer from Triple H as purely a business decision, giving Triple H a price that he thought would be turned down. Bruno didn't think the deal would go through and eventually believed that Vince McMahon likely nixed the deal due to his asking price. The price is apparently in line with what WWE would pay one of their top stars for a WrestleMania pay off. Nobody going into the Hall had ever asked a deal anywhere near what Bruno asked. Sammartino ended up getting a significant deal.

Vince McMahon and Bruno still have not spoken as Triple H has handled the deal. Triple H is hoping to get Vince and Bruno together to talk in April. Regarding Triple H's talks with Bruno, he portrayed himself as a student and a fan of Sammartino's era. Triple H told Bruno from the start that WWE cleaned up their product and that when he got more power, he wanted to make WWE's product similar to the product that Sammartino headlined years ago.

One of the connections between Bruno and WWE is Pittsburgh neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon. Maroon had operated previously on Bruno and worked on WWE's medical team. Sammartino credits Maroon with keeping him out of a wheelchair after successful back surgery years ago. Sammartino viewed Maroon in high regard when he spoke of changes that had been made when it came to the health of WWE's performers and their strict drug testing.

Sammartino said during negotiations that if the deal didn't happen this year, he was not open to it any time in the future. The deal will see Sammartino be involved with WWE after his Hall of Fame induction. Sammartino was asked to be part of DVD's on his era. He will also do voice-overs for some of his matches and a straight Sammartino DVD release is likely. Sammartino will also appear on WWE's Legends Roundtable shows at times.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/More_Details_on_Bruno_Sammartino_s_WWE_Future_Who_Helped_Triple_H_Change_His_Mind.html#0qpcdZTeR6lJrmSd.99

Looks like I was right, all about the monies.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Looks like I was right, all about the monies.

Sounds legit. One of those things like "lol I'll ask them for this much they'll never accept" "Alright Bruno we're down" ":booker: Seriously? Good then". Interesting to see he'll take part in a few other projects.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Would be nice if he showed on Raw and Punk cut a promo on him about how he was a better world champion than he was. Seeing him on Raw and interact with someone would be nice.